Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Holy Sepulcre Cemetary in Villa Park haunted?

Marcion Meets E. Sibyl

Hello,

I've heard the Holy Sepulcre Cemetary in Orange/Villa Park is haunted. "There is said to be a woman in white roaming the cemetery. People have witnessed a candle burning at all hours of the night even when the wind picks up..." Actually, my mom's buried there. It's a beautiful area overlooking a wildlife sanctuary, high hills and the Santiago Creek Trail; however, it has a surreal and lonely atmosphere. I always get goosebumps every time I visit my mom's grave, but it's not necessarily a negative or malevolent feeling. Any thoughts or experiences?

Peace.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alekx

• rashore

• Ashotep

• Marcion Meets E. Sibyl

what about if you go try to go and see this ghost. Where I live there's a lot of old buildings, 90% o them said to be haunted, but it is very difficult to get inside one of these places because of permits, and I'd like to go to one aat least once. Anyway you said that you don't feel anything negative or malevolent, since you said that "is said" to be haunted then someone must've seen her multiple times, not just once or twice. Besides from the feeling, have you ever seen anything out of the ordinary when visiting your mom?. Maybet taking a camera with you might get you something.

Don't have experiences, but just some info...

There is purportedly some different hauntings going on there. A lady ghost that wanders at night- but it's not legal to be there at night. The candle sightings might be for the grave of Mary Alice Quinn- supposedly there is also the scent of roses over her grave year round that no breeze can disperse, and she can heal from the grave. People have the tendency to leave gifts at the grave, which the caretakers then have to clean up. The monument to Saint Oliver Plunkett Ashley in the cemetery is also purported to help with medical problems. Mists in the childrens section chase each other around, they are supposed to be the ghosts of children buried there. When the bronze fence was up on 111th, there were a lot of accidents of cars crashing into the fence, but there are fewer accidents now and the bronze fence has been replaced with a cyclone fence.

It sounds like they are positive energy then, to me it sounds like they are trying to help people more than just haunting...of course if those are rumours then some might be a little exaggerated, but I do believe that something's there that started it all up

I've been to several cemeteries even some family plots that only had a few bodies and were abandoned a hundred years ago. I've taken several pictures and have yet to get anything, even an orb and I so want to.

Really have to wonder why would someone want to haunt a cemetery. It probably wasn't where they died. Don't you usually haunt the place you died or lived? GhostSmiley.gif

Hilander, that would make sense to haunt places where they lived or died, but I dont' know, maybe to some of them something's keeping them where their bodys are?

A few weeks ago I went to a cemetery to test new camera (yes, I did go on purpose to catch something :) ) and the only weird thing I got is in a picture of a cross resting on a tree, at the lower right part of the tree, there's a some form of dark-greenish light forming a hooded figure (from chest and above). I'll post it when I'm sure about what can that be, though I already saw it's not light ( actual light effects can be seen around the tree but in the background, not on the tree, this "figure" seems to be posed besides the tree, not on it nor the background) and it's not a plant (there's an actual plant on the tree and next to it is the figure). I'm still analyzing it.