Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dragon Skeleton found in China Sea

Simbi Laveau

Doesn't appear to be a sea going ostrich or marine kangaroo.

Curious!

• Like 1

hoax hoax hoax. There is absolutley no flesh left on the bones and yet enough cartlidge to hold the entire skeleton together? Right.

I like dragons with arms and legs better :) the ones with wings are the best. Great find I think. Even if it isnt a dragon its obscure enough not to be easily identified so that must mean something.. like they are rare, have little relatives, have good hiding places and take a long time to die... probably something like a lochness creature?

The skull greatly resembles an ox or an impala..

I would love if this thing had dna tests run and doesn't suddenly disappear, or get thrown back into the ocean.

It is definately a fish. The tail shows clearly that this is a upright "fish like" tail, not a fluke or flipper like a mammal would have.

post-26883-0-89996500-1365015440_thumb.j

And the vertebrae look like fish to me also. Sharks and other fish have those slots in the bones, while whale bones are solid. Shark vertebrae can even be made into beads for jewelry.

vertebrae.gif

il_fullxfull.51636313.jpg

Whale vertebrae...

WhaleInstall071Large.jpg

• Like 2

Apparently "sea creature" in English is also "sea creature" in Chinese. Heard it twice.

Back to the mystery...

• Like 2

Kind of looks like the skeleton of a Great White shark. The tail matches up as does the nose of hte skull.

dragonskeleton.jpg

800px-Carcharodon_carcharias_skeleton.jpg

Source: Wikipedia - Great White Shark.

Take away the jaws and the rest of the fins and other bits and the skull is almost the same. And look at the spines on the Great Whites tail and compare to the tail section of the monster.

Could be another shark species, but clearly is an open ocean type of shark.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 3

As you said it could be another shark. The tail and skull structure is pretty similiar in those sharks so I would like to know a more specific detail before I agree to a Great White,Its certainly not a frilled shark btw the cranium of Chlamydoselachus africana for example is obviously very different (http://www.mlml.calstate.edu/system/files/private/Ebert%2526Compagno%20C_africana%20sp%20n%202009.pdf) and probably the skull of C. anguineus is it too.

• Like 1

:st ANYONE ELSE SEE HOLES FOR TUSKS???

stock-photo-skull-of-an-african-wart-hog-on-a-black-background-115024657.jpg

African Wart Hog ....... are we getting closer? (Missing lower jaw, obviously).

Yes, the more I look at warthog skulls the more I'm convinced that's what it is ...... with the spine of something else attached and the lower jaw missing.

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 1

In china If it has a pulse, its lunch. This was just somebodies leftovers

• Like 1

As you said it could be another shark. The tail and skull structure is pretty similiar in those sharks so I would like to know a more specific detail before I agree to a Great White,Its certainly not a frilled shark btw the cranium of Chlamydoselachus africana for example is obviously very different (http://www.mlml.cals...a sp n 2009.pdf) and probably the skull of C. anguineus is it too.

I was looking for a frilled shark skull online... Your Kung Fu must be better then mine. :nw:

The eye sockets of the frilled shark fit in with the "tusk holes", but the nose does not quite match. Could be a cousin species to the Frilled shark maybe?

Also from what I read, the Frilled Shark usually is less then 2 meters long, and this "dragon was almost 4 meters long.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

Oh yeah!!!

Found this....

chondro.gif

dragonskeleton.jpg

Looks very close in my opinion.

Anyway.... CLEARLY a shark.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 7

Could be a similar shaped shark.

Bull sharks... Great White sharks... Tiger sharks... Bronze whaler... Mako... Whitetip...

http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fisheries/info/sharksmart/identifying-sharks

All reach 3.5 meters and have similar head anatomy, so it could be any large shark.

• Like 2

Sharks don't have skeletons... they have cartilage instead of bones, except for their jaws.

Sharks don't have skeletons... they have cartilage instead of bones, except for their jaws.

True, and yet the cartilage can last quite a while longer then the flesh, and can even be collected washed up on beaches and made into jewelry/beads. It is not jelly after all, but a hard non-calcified material.

Lots of fossilized shark vertebrae are found around the world in ocean fossil beds.

• Like 2

The more photos that you guys put up, the more I think it is a shark's remains. Too bad, I was hoping for a Mosasaur, lol.

• Like 1

DragonLSmiley_zps0cf718d2.gif I'm starting to think Shark or Dolphin but that wouldn't be as cool as a dragon or get the media attention. DrangonRSmiley_zps4b71b75d.gif Edited by Hilander
  • Like 1

No, not shark, this is something "different".

These are veteran fisherman who have seen a lot, they would know a shark carcass if it was so.

• Like 1

I'd love to think it was something else, but it represents the sharks pictures depicted almost completely, if you'd take the time to look, Talion.

I love to be corrected and find truth as well; I have the humility to accept greater evidence.

There is really no reason to find this as something other than a natural decaying creature.

I'm not going to say that it is truly a shark by what I find the further evidence, because my opinion is just one being swayed by logical portrayals.

Yeah, it's a shark.

Edited to add:

As for those "veteran" fisherman, I'm sure they're not really used to dragging up carcasses without the flesh still on them, that are so oddly composed.

They're used to catching fish.. and to be quite frank, most are rather dull. Most. They really don't recognize the skeletal structures of many beasts, let alone many of the beasts they capture in nets.

Edited by AliveInDeath7
  • Like 1