Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dragon Skeleton found in China Sea

Simbi Laveau

No, not shark, this is something "different".

These are veteran fisherman who have seen a lot, they would know a shark carcass if it was so.

Do you understand chinese? How can you be sure that they really said (or think) what press reported? Equally if or if not how do you really know how experienced they are?

I've read this "argument" so often. For example in 2005 the carcass of a big sea monster washed ashore also in China. It was reported that veteran fisherman couldn't identify it and they never seen anything like it. It was bigger than a whale. You know what? It wasn't bigger than a whale and it was a decomposed rorqual whale.

Once again: it was a shark. The exact species is in question, but certainly not a frilled shark.

To some other postings:

I' am not sure which holes "look like they've been for tusks" but let me say that the greater "holes" or "caves" are the eye sockets and the smaller ones in front are the nares of a shark.

Sharks naturally also have a skeleton. A cartilaginous skeleton surely, but they have one. ;)

Edited by Marozi

Very interesting! After reading and seeing all the pics I'm thinking shark as well. I've seen pretty convincing shark heads in this thread, so I'm leaning towards that, yeah. But it'll be interesting nonetheless if we could get a definite answer

The more photos that you guys put up, the more I think it is a shark's remains. Too bad, I was hoping for a Mosasaur, lol.

You know there is a mosasaur genus named taniwhasaurus, but I am digressing...

I'd like to see a skeleton of one. I had no luck in my search though.

Oarfish are unusual to say the least and may be the animal behind sightings of "sea serpents", however this is not the skull of an oarfish. Oarfish have very laterally compressed, ribbon-like bodies, even one as large as the creature in question would only have a head a few inches to maybe half a foot wide, this creature has quite a broad head. Their mouth is quite distinctive also, I believe somewhat tubular and expandable to suck in small prey. Even if you can find pictures of the skeleton, you can Google or YouTube picture and even videos of oarfish that have come into shallow water, usually sick or dying, this should give you an idea of the head shape. They have bright silver bodies and red fins if memory serves and are quite beautiful.

• Like 1

You know there is a mosasaur genus named taniwhasaurus, but I am digressing...

I think you are, lol: its skull looks nothing like the one in the opening post:

Taniwhasaurus_antarcticus.jpg

Edited by Abramelin

Kind of looks like the skeleton of a Great White shark. The tail matches up as does the nose of hte skull.

dragonskeleton.jpg

800px-Carcharodon_carcharias_skeleton.jpg

Source: Wikipedia - Great White Shark.

Take away the jaws and the rest of the fins and other bits and the skull is almost the same. And look at the spines on the Great Whites tail and compare to the tail section of the monster.

Could be another shark species, but clearly is an open ocean type of shark.

I agree: the skull is incomplete.

02-shark-skeleton.jpg

I think you are, lol: its skull looks nothing like the one in the opening post

Well I knew It was a shark's skull since the beginning, I was just trying to allude to another cryptid.

Edited by Thegreatsilence

Its a frilled shark also known as dragon shark just google and you will find your culprit.

• Like 1

deaddragon.jpg

Most dragons have bones where their wings are. I find it hard to believe that everything was held together EXCEPT the wings.

All feeble attempts at humor aside, it really is kind of hard to believe that the cartilage remained intact enough so much of the structure together, while there wasn't a single trace of (visible) flesh left behind. Moreover, how so much of the remains could have been found in one place is possible, but unthinkable. This is all in my opinion, but it sounds a bit too perfect. Me thinks hoax.

I wonder who went and gone 'dragon' when all it was mentioned was that it was 'dragon-like'

the Asians knows their dragons and if this was anything near what is a dragon they would have been the first to say 'dragon' which the Asians knows as a 'mystical' or 'mythical' creature.

Its a frilled shark also known as dragon shark just google and you will find your culprit.

I doubt it is. The size doesn't match nor does the skull.

• Like 1

I doubt it is. The size doesn't match nor does the skull.

Definitely. Was answered in my post from 03 April 2013 - 10:13 PM on page 3.

deep water sea snake~~~ big head,long skiny body,china . *SNIP*

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
language

Its interesting though, I doubt its anything that hasnt been seen before though it appears that the skeleton is missing some pieces

Oh yeah!!!

Found this....

chondro.gif

dragonskeleton.jpg

Looks very close in my opinion.

Anyway.... CLEARLY a shark.

Well to me that answers that....shark, it's so obvious it's not even funny.

• Like 4

it does look like some type of sea monster maybe dragon like creature but to be honest i don't know what it is though.it could be however a conventional animal but i'm hoping its a unknown creature and sea monster though.well see though when they do the test and etc.there's one thing i don't trust is that when they shipped them for examination and test do they do honest and truthful test and analyzes though?and when they do finish the test do they tell us the truth afterwards???i am skeptical in this sense.to be honest i don't even trust the UFO agencies that research them why do they tell us the truth after and nothing but the truth like they say in courts.i believe in Sea monsters and etc but its the people i don't trust at times.

Well to me that answers that....shark, it's so obvious it's not even funny.

And still people keep asking, "What could it be??"

I think it looks like a selachian shark.