Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Still Waters

My Crazy Obsession: The 22 year old merman

11 posts in this topic

When Eric Ducharme slips into his handmade fin to explore the crystal clear waters of Florida’s natural springs as a merman, he says he’s mentally transported as well.

So is the unique, eye-catching life of this Florida man who says he eats, sleeps and breathes mermaids while physically looking and acting like one as often as time allows.

http://www.dailymail...al-springs.html

1 person likes this

Hey, whatever makes him happy. Not many actually find their passions that will truly set them free; I find it admirable and enlightening.

Way to go! :clap:

1 person likes this

My daughter took one look at his photo and remarked, "I wouldn't mind him with chips and mushy peas."

He must have watched Zoolander one too many times. :D

Zoolander-Merman.jpg

3 people like this

Oversword rolls eyes so hard he can't see the keys to type response.

What a bloody idiot, I'd go fishing for him just to stuff him and mount him on the study wall. I'd use a mirror for bait or rhinestone thong. If those don't work then dynamite.

Huh, well, good for him I guess. Just so long as his obsession doesn't derail his ability to survive then what's there to say?

I suppose the next logical step for him would be to make a custom respirator so he can stay under longer. 4 minutes of holding your breath while actively swimming is impressive, but a small oxygen pack on your lower back with tubes to a small nose cover would probably work well for him.

2 people like this

I don't see the point of all the hateful responses on this thread. I'm pretty sure none of you would bash the female that's been on the news recently.

2 people like this

I'm happy for him,he's doing what he wants and doesn't care what others think...good for him!

I love the idea of being a mermaid...I wanted to be one when I was younger hehe :)

Whereas I've never had a single want or desire to be a merman, I envy him for finding his passion in life and living it. More power to him.

Whatever floats your boat.