Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cyber Security Law Criminalizes Internet User

regeneratia

Computer Fraud And Abuse Act 2013: New CFAA Draft Aims To Expand, Not Reform, The ‘Worst Law In Technology’

By Dave Smith | March 28 2013 12:06 PM

The Computer Fraud and Abuse Act was passed in 1984 to combat the cracking of huge computer systems owned by financial institutions and the government. Nearly 30 years and seven amendments later, the law is regarded by many lawyers and academics as overly “expansive” and “sweeping,” as it lets the government incarcerate “any Internet user they want,” according to former federal prosecutor Orin Kerr.

http://www.ibtimes.com/computer-fraud-abuse-act-2013-new-cfaa-draft-aims-expand-not-reform-worst-law-technology-1158515#

Any thoughts on this?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashotep

• regeneratia

• Bama13

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they will rush this through like they did the bill to protect companies like Monsanto. Don't read it or understand it but lets jump on the band wagon and pass it.

I love this country and would die for it but I wish our politicians would go against the grain for it. Of course you shouldn't be hacking into someones computer or stealing copyrighted material but read these laws and if you can't understand them maybe no one else will be able to either and that makes them a bad law.

I love this country and would die for it but I wish our politicians would go against the grain for it. Of course you shouldn't be hacking into someones computer or stealing copyrighted material but read these laws and if you can't understand them maybe no one else will be able to either and that makes them a bad law.

Forgot where I read it but this quote comes to mind: "It is easier to write a good play than to write a good law and there aren't 100 people on earth that can write a good play."