Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Still Waters

Healthy guide dog killed & buried with owner

33 posts in this topic

I'm not saying that what she did was right, but if it was this lady's dying wish, she should be able to have it carried out without crazed animal rights activists breathing down her neck. It's not like she was asking to have her son killed. We're talking about an animal here. This post might stir up a hornet's best, but I mean seriously. Let the lady be...

I loved my dog, she was my best friend and best friends don't do that to each other. That was selfish of that woman to ask that the dog be killed and buried with her. It was worse of them people to carry it out. Some promises shouldn't be kept.
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

From reading the title I thought the dog got eaten...

Edited by SUPERSquatch

Like I said, I don't think what was done was right, but I'm just saying that this situation seemed to get a little out of hand. The death threats her family received were most definitely out of line in my opinion. So I guess that's what I meant when I said it was JUST an animal. The family's safety shouldn't be at risk because of their decision to comply with her wishes.

No death threats aren't called for but I think a fine is.

Not the brightest shining example of humanity right there.

Any vet that puts a healthy animal down is in the wrong business and should have their license removed. I was a vet nurse and no vet I ever worked with would put a healthy animal down, whatever reason was stated.

Selfish woman, immoral family.

Pet shelters unfortunately have to put healthy animals down all the time. It's just a matter of cost and logistics. So I'm assuming there are folks out there doing this sort of thing for a real reason.

This lady's reason was slightly selfish. I think I can understand how she loved her companion. I think the real culprit here is most certainly the abiding family.

Pet shelters unfortunately have to put healthy animals down all the time. It's just a matter of cost and logistics. So I'm assuming there are folks out there doing this sort of thing for a real reason.

This lady's reason was slightly selfish. I think I can understand how she loved her companion. I think the real culprit here is most certainly the abiding family.

Oh I know that and that's pretty disgusting too but it's a whole other can of worms.

A good 99% of vets, well the ones that work in an actual veterinary clinic - which chances are is where the dog was taken to - would refuse to put a healthy animal down, period. Some will even take the animal in themselves and try to rehome it which is much fairer to the animal.

Euthanasia can be justified in cases of sickness, illness and whatnot where the animal is suffering. Much like you can make the decision to "pull the plug" on a family member should the circumstances warrant it, but the dog was fit and healthy. It's was a living creature with thoughts, feelings and its own mind and deserved to continue its life. It really sickens me that some people actually think this was okay just because its an animal. Newsflash: we're all just animals and we're no special from anything else. If you think an animal (especially one of intelligence like a dog) doesn't have thoughts, feelings, and everything that we have, you're one unfortunate soul.

I really don't think a shelter would put down a healthy guide dog!

Cruel and narcissistic, I'm sorry but seeing ones self in death as a god ended many moons ago! It's kind of like the phrase.,. "If I have to go, then your coming with me". The lawyer who wrote up her will and testament should of reported it to Animal Welfare, they were just as much to blame. $$ grubbers! ;(

How selfish