Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mother who wishes she had remained childless

Still Waters

My son Stuart was five days old when the realisation hit me like a physical blow: having a child had been the biggest mistake of my life.

Even now, 33 years on, I can still picture the scene: Stuart was asleep in his crib. He was due to be fed but hadn't yet woken.

I heard him stir but as I looked at his round face on the brink of wakefulness, I felt no bond. No warm rush of maternal affection.

I felt completely detached from this alien being who had encroached upon my settled married life and changed it, irrevocably, for the worse.

http://www.dailymail...egret-life.html

This only proves that a couple should make a firm decision to have or not have children BEFORE they are married. This way, no one suffers from hidden resentment.

• Like 1

If you don't want kids you need to find someone like yourself that doesn't. Because if you do and they don't, or visa verse, it will cause friction in the marriage and long lasting resentment.

If you don't want kids you need to find someone like yourself that doesn't.

That's what I did!

• Like 1

This really bothers me!!!! How can a mother feel that way about their own child??!!!! Thankfully, she didn't physically "harm" him, while he was little!!!

I bet he has a lot of psychological issues because of her!!! He probably hates women!!! She should've put him up for adoption when he was a baby, so at least

he would've had a chance to feel wanted and loved!!!!!