Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Massive Leak of Rich that Hide Wealth

Ashotep

I really didn't know where to put this because it involves so many countries.

In what is believed to be one of the largest ever leaks of financial data, the Washington, D.C.-based International Consortium of Investigative Journalists has received nearly 30 years of data entries, emails and other confidential details from 10 offshore havens around the world.

Massive data leak exposes offshore financial secrets

Here's another link.

Massive leak of emails and records reveals identities of rich politicos who hide wealth in offshore accounts

• Like 2

That's brilliant, hopefully more will come.

• Like 2

Can you imagine the tax money countries missed out on because of this.

• Like 1

:tsu::gun::tu:

That's great! I thought journalists only investigated what thier corporate masters tell them to investigate.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

That's an encouragement for ordinary citizens to play crooky too... why should just the fat cats stay fat?

• Like 1

:tsu::gun::tu:

That's great! I thought journalists only investigated what thier corporate masters tell them to investigate.

I suspect that the leak was courtesy of a certain Guy Fawkes mask wearing loose-alliance and the journos just took advantage of the leak.

• Like 1

yep most of it is blood money. It's so sad there are soo many corrupt people out in this world hungry for money and more of it

• Like 1

That's an encouragement for ordinary citizens to play crooky too... why should just the fat cats stay fat?

Ordinary citizens would go to prison and the fat cats won't as usual.
  • Like 1

I would like to deal with it by putting them in jail for tax evasion.

• Like 2

This is what capitalism is. Deal with it.

Captialism is being paid for ones services and then using that payment in order to procure goods and other services.

It's a necessary process unless you want us to be reduced to a village system whereby the people who grow tomatoes trade them with the person who repairs their windows and so forth.

What this is is an abuse of a system, a manipulation of an unregulated and unsupervised system.

• Like 6

I would like to deal with it by putting them in jail for tax evasion.

Unfortunately there's a law for the rich and a law for the rest of us. And it persists because people like Overpopulation just say thats the way it is without even considering alternatives.

• Like 2

At the end of the day a couple of rich people will go tho jail, a few others will be fine, and everything will be put under the carpet.

• Like 2

This is what capitalism is. Deal with it.

They better be glad we dont deal with it but let it be... for now.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately there's a law for the rich and a law for the rest of us. And it persists because people like Overpopulation just say thats the way it is without even considering alternatives.

I wasn't saying that we should just live under this system for forever and just deal with the corruptness that comes from Capitalism. I'm saying that this is what comes from Capitalism. And yes it needs to be changed.
  • Like 1

How do we make sure this gets the attention it deserves?

• Like 1

Nice. Glad they got outed.

• Like 1

The nerve of those people, wanting to keep the money they earned. How dare they.

• Like 1

The nerve of those people, wanting to keep the money they earned. How dare they.

Earning money is not a crime: tax evasion is.

• Like 2

Earning money is not a crime: tax evasion is.

What my government does with our tax money is too, or it should be.

Edited by Bama13
  • Like 2

I hope they are held accountable but you know they won't be. Some of our presidential candidates and probably politicians have off shore accounts so why would they want to do anything about it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know we should just let all of the billionaires horde the money. While the poor and workers suffer. #****TheseGreedyPricks