Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DJ's suspended for joke Florida didn't get

Render

Florida country radio morning-show hosts Val St. John and Scott Fish are currently serving indefinite suspensions and possibly worse over a successful April Fools' Day prank. They told their listeners that "dihydrogen monoxide" was coming out of the taps throughout the Fort Myers area. Dihydrogen monoxide is water.

The popular deejays are mainly in all this trouble (potentially of a felony level) because their listeners panicked so much — about the molecular makeup of their drinking water, however unwittingly — that Lee County utility officials had to issue a county-wide statement calming the fears of chemistry challenged Floridians.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2013/04/florida-djs-april-fools-water-joke/63798/#.UVwhJCUPizk.facebook

Man that's really sad.

• Like 4

Clearly the suspenders should be suspended, so what the population panicked, too bad they´re dumb cups of tea. I also did not know that the dihydrogen monoxide was H20.

• Like 3

So basically they were suspended for telling people the truth on air, I fail to see how it is their fault no one picked up a dictionary before they went into panic mode.

Wouldn't the first question someone asks if they are told this is in their water supply and they don't know what it is be "What is that? What does it do?" fgs.

• Like 7

Mass panic, didn't something like this happen when Orson Wells read 'War of the Worlds' over the radio.

• Like 1

be honest now, how many people would know that dehydrogen monoxide is water? H2O is the chemical symbol everyone knows, though I do admit there are some really stupid people in the US, (Same as every country)

• Like 3

be honest now, how many people would know that dehydrogen monoxide is water? H2O is the chemical symbol everyone knows, though I do admit there are some really stupid people in the US, (Same as every country)

I'll be honest, I did not know that. However I would have done some research on it before freaking out. lol

*Edited because my keyboard is messing up.

Edited by Kaikou
  • Like 2

Even if you didn't understand it at first thought. Simply asking yourself what the chemical compound may look like would probably be a great start.