Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shop that sold gun to Lanza's Mother raided

Ashotep

An update on the reason why:

The document states the agency inspected and found violations at Riverview in 2007, 2009, and 2011.

During the one in 2011, "the licensee committed over 500 violations," ATF documents stated.

The ATF inspection in 2011 revealed that Riverview employees:

• Allowed a man who said he was a felon to buy ammo and handle firearms.
  • Let someone buy a firearm and didn't do background check until the next day.
  • Sold firearms to two people without checking if they were prohibited from buying.

Source: WFSB

Wow, thanks for posting this. This is actually a very good example of the fact that we have some REALLY good gun laws on the books, and they need to be enforced. Not new gun laws. And the new background check thing is stupid, because last time I checked, we already HAD background checks on guns. Ever go buy a gun at Cabela's lately??

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 2

Yes good. Laws actually being enforced. To bad it required that store to be in the spotlight to be investigated.

• Like 3

The document states the agency inspected and found violations at Riverview in 2007, 2009, and 2011.

During the one in 2011, "the licensee committed over 500 violations," ATF documents stated.

• Sold firearms to two people without checking if they were prohibited from buying.

lol, sure, they observed all those violations in 2011 and closed the shop just now, i don't believe this b.s. atf has really good record of being honest, lol not.,.

don't even doubt it, all made up b.s.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

When you read the article it seems as though it was the stolen weapons found in December, which the firearms dealer did not know were missing, was the incident that brought this to a head.

• Like 2

Yes if they did all that they should of been shut down.

• Like 2

Yes if they did all that they should of been shut down.

I agree, but I got to admit, it is a very BIG if.......

• Like 2

I agree, but I got to admit, it is a very BIG if.......

That's the reason I said if. You never know for sure.
  • Like 1