Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

PC unchained in Army brief

redhen

"The Archdiocese for the Military Services and Chaplain Alliance for Religious Liberty recently became aware of a U.S. Army Reserve Equal Opportunity training brief that expressly listed “Catholicism,” “Evangelical Christianity” and other religious groups as examples of “religious extremism” alongside groups such as “Al Qaeda”, “Hamas” and the “KKK.” "

See page 24

How's that for "inclusiveness" ?

• Like 2

"The Archdiocese for the Military Services and Chaplain Alliance for Religious Liberty recently became aware of a U.S. Army Reserve Equal Opportunity training brief that expressly listed “Catholicism,” “Evangelical Christianity” and other religious groups as examples of “religious extremism” alongside groups such as “Al Qaeda”, “Hamas” and the “KKK.” "

See page 24

Well, that's disturbing.

• Like 1

Religious zeal always works against the best interests of society. Pure superstitious nonsense, but it drives public policy. Life is strange. :innocent:

Religious zeal always works against the best interests of society.

What works even better is political correctness, also known as cultural Marxism.

• Like 1

the Catholics huh? they don't seem too dangerous to me.

Edited by lightly

the Catholics huh? they don't seem too dangerous to me.

It's because we have our own Country - how can you be loyal to two countries? We also have a definite "head" and Leader, which is also dangerous because whatever the Pope says millions of Catholics do, automatically without thought.... or not as the case in reality actually is.

• Like 3

whatever the Pope says millions of Catholics do, automatically without thought.... or not as the case in reality actually is.

One look at the declining fertility rates in staunch European Catholic countries shows that it's members are more pragmatic in their faith. Italy and Spain are tied with Hong Kong for the lowest fertility rate in the world at 1.2, where 2.1 babies per woman is the magic number to provide population growth.

I don't think you have to worry about Papist plots of political terrorism.

• Like 1

All religion is bad. Christianity is apparently worse than the rest. Mankind is doing just fine on his own. Now if we could only convince the dead, dying,suffering majority of the world that this is so, maybe we can survive another millennia. *sigh*

It's because we have our own Country - how can you be loyal to two countries? We also have a definite "head" and Leader, which is also dangerous because whatever the Pope says millions of Catholics do, automatically without thought.... or not as the case in reality actually is.

ah, thanks Hats , and that whole Spanish Inquisition thing is nearly forgotten.

• Like 1

A Washington Times article explains how these benevolent groups ended up on the terrorist list;

"Crews also criticized the presentation for citing the left-wing Southern Poverty Law Center to support its findings. The SPLC has dubbed organizations “hate groups” for promoting Christian teachings on morality and sexuality. A SPLC map of “hate groups” was used by a gunman in 2012 to target the conservative Family Research Council for its position on gay marriage. The gunman shot a security guard at the FRC’s headquarters. The SPLC has refused to comment on its role in the shooting."

You know America's real enemies are laughing their heads off when they read stuff like this.

• Like 1

This story is an example of why the Wall Of Separation, strictly enforced in accordance with the First Amendment, has a stabilizing effect on society and good governance.

Because with this example we can see the DEstabilizing effect of religious fruitcakes implementing government policy.

• Like 1

Because with this example we can see the DEstabilizing effect of religious fruitcakes implementing government policy.

Yes much better to have left-wing fruitcakes implement government policy. If Roman Catholics are such scary terrorists, why is President Obama going to posthumously award a Congressional Medal of Honor next week to Catholic Army Chaplain Emil Kapaun?

Yes much better to have left-wing fruitcakes implement government policy. If Roman Catholics are such scary terrorists, why is President Obama going to posthumously award a Congressional Medal of Honor next week to Catholic Army Chaplain Emil Kapaun?

I do not see Roman Catholics as terrorists. Religious zealots perhaps, but certainly not terrorists. Of course I think the word "terrorist" is way overblown these days. It is a fear-mongering term, and completely devoid of logic or common sense.

That said, I see Obama the same way I saw his predecessor--a puppet in a play, controlled by puppeteers we are unable to easily discern. I could not care less what medal he awards to whom.

I do not see Roman Catholics as terrorists. Religious zealots perhaps,

Well thanks for the BR :P

See page 24

It is crazy.They really should have listed Political Correctness as religious extremism too. And disturbingly, it is the most rampant form in the West.

It is crazy.They really should have listed Political Correctness as religious extremism too. And disturbingly, it is the most rampant form in the West.

Nope, it's not religious it's political, specifically it's also known as Cultural Marxism and it's aimed at the West, that's why you didn't see any of these programs of "studies" in universities in the Soviet Union.

Reading through the Wiki article I can see their bias as well;

"Since the early 1990s, paleoconservatives such as Patrick Buchanan and William S. Lind have argued that "Cultural Marxism" is a dominant strain of thought within the American left"

"paleoconservative" ? That denotes knuckle dragging neanderthals. Excuse me while I groom my fur.

• Like 1

Well thanks for the BR :P

Just to put things into perspective, I was born and raised Roman Catholic. 16 years of catholic education, including Jesuit college.

I lost my religion over 20 years ago, though I still have many many catholic friends.