Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Live Fish Found In Likely Tsunami Debris

Still Waters

The strangest stowaways yet have arrived on U.S. shores via debris possibly from the 2011 Japan tsunami: Live fish.

The fish, which live off the coast of Japan and Hawaii, apparently made their way across the Pacific in a drifting 18-foot (5.5 meter) skiff. Of the five fish that made the journey, one is still alive and is being kept at the Seaside Aquarium in Oregon.

http://www.livescien...ami-debris.html

Interesting. Not a way I've thought about an invasive species being introduced elsewhere.

• Like 1

Wow. It's survived there for 2 years ! Or it was an egg when it ended up on the boat

• Like 2

Amazing that fish is still alive. Guess it fed off the dead fish.

Five passengers set sail that day for a 3 hour tour then the weather started getting rough the tiny ship was lost. :tu:

that's interesting news.but i don't see any problem here though.i don't think its that bad that some fish came here maybe they decided to come for a vacation here and decided to hitch a ride free ride lol one thing i could affect though is the animals that live there already like imbalance the natural order of the Eco system there maybe but other than that no harm done.