Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pitchp

Total Recall?

11 posts in this topic

The secret world of dreams has been unlocked with the invention of technology capable of illustrating images taken directly from human brains during sleep.brain-images-460_1204201c.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/3705790/Scientists-develop-software-that-can-map-dreams.html

A team of Japanese scientists have created a device that enables the processing and imaging of thoughts and dreams as experienced in the brain to appear on a computer screen.

Would this the birth of Total Recall?

2 people like this

dammmmmmmmmmmmmm

The eyes retna is able to recognize an image?!?!? Producing the word "neuron" and publishing it in the US journal Neuron?!?!?

The article is a bit fishy to me.

I dont want to know that I fell into a tub of crap while I was asleep

I would love it if I could record my dreams as a visual 'Movie' that I could go back and watch while awake. maybe I could come to understand those dreams. for example why is it that my car is stolen or lost in every dream I have that involves a car in any way

1 person likes this

I would love it if I could record my dreams as a visual 'Movie' that I could go back and watch while awake. maybe I could come to understand those dreams. for example why is it that my car is stolen or lost in every dream I have that involves a car in any way

LOL do I empathise with this. I have hundreds of dreams where I have lost or mislocated my car. I don't think i ever find it, but the dreams often evolve in fun and interesting experiences in other ways. Occasionally I also "lose" my home.'" ie I am quite certain inmy dream that I have a home that I do not have in real life. (sometimes we have just moved there in the dream and I cant find it or get to it because I dont know itts address or exactly where it is Again this leads on to some fascinating scenarios. And finally I also have dremas where i am teaching in other schools and I "lose" a class or dont know my time table or room location. Despite being interested in dream analysis, I have never quite cracked why these particular dreams occur regularly over many decades. I understand the general symbologies but not the specific ones.

I always wondered why i could remember the registration of my parents car from 50 years ago, and why, as a child, i would dream of mum and dad driving off in it without me. LAst night my brother while looking at some old photos of the car and caravan,, brought up how as young children we travelled a lot on holidays with muma dad. They made us memorise the car registration and our address so tha tif lost we could find the car or tell people where to take us. Obviously this stuck in my psyche for the next fifty years.

1 person likes this

it's only a matter of time until something like this dream-vision goes mainstream. i think it's already here, especially when certain companies are doing press releases on how their next generation of devices (consoles etc) will interface directly with the human mind (..and then they retract the statement some days later)

folks might also like to do some research on the supposed technology used by "fireburndoctor" (check it out) ..i'm not saying this actually exists (i can't prove that) what i'm saying is - someone WANTS you to think it exists.

Something's lacking in this story...evidence evidently!

Posted (edited)

LOL do I empathise with this. I have hundreds of dreams where I have lost or mislocated my car. I don't think i ever find it, but the dreams often evolve in fun and interesting experiences in other ways. Occasionally I also "lose" my home.'" ie I am quite certain inmy dream that I have a home that I do not have in real life. (sometimes we have just moved there in the dream and I cant find it or get to it because I dont know itts address or exactly where it is Again this leads on to some fascinating scenarios. And finally I also have dremas where i am teaching in other schools and I "lose" a class or dont know my time table or room location. Despite being interested in dream analysis, I have never quite cracked why these particular dreams occur regularly over many decades. I understand the general symbologies but not the specific ones.

it doesn't seem to matter what car I am in or whether I am the driver or passenger if there is a specific car I will turn around and it will vanish. Poof. gone. only once did I manage to successfully do something about it. Who knows someday perhaps they will be able to record dreams and play them back on a DVD machine so you can see the entire scenario. Movies not still images.

Edited by mysticwerewolf

Interesting but i don't see this technology being mass produced anytime soon.. :cry:

Where are the images? I want to see what they have captured.