Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boy banned from school for Mohawk haircut

Commander CMG

I know i ddint say a Mohawk was

Ok then don't compare two completely different things.

A symbol of hate is much different matter then a kid with a mohawk.

On one hand yes, schools have to draw the line at some point. Rules are rules and enforcement of the rules needs to be consistent especially with kids & youth or things could get out of hand. But I think that it's fair to say that in this case, the excuse that the hair cut was distracting to the other students is what most people have a problem with. Like someone else mentioned, give it a day or two and they would have been over it. You send a girl to school with pigtails in one day and if it isn't a common occurrence with her, it's going to be "distracting" too.

Speaking of which, it's "crazy hair day" at my son's school this Friday. I should start planning...haha

Ok then don't compare two completely different things.

A symbol of hate is much different matter then a kid with a mohawk.

What i meant was if the kid had a Nazi symbol haircut or Swastika.

What i meant was if the kid had a Nazi symbol haircut or Swastika.

Then social services would be visiting his parents and he probably would get a haircut.

Speaking of which, it's "crazy hair day" at my son's school this Friday. I should start planning...haha

I love when schools do that kind of stuff. My daughters love crazy hair days and pajama days.

Then social services would be visiting his parents and he probably would get a haircut.

Well coolguy says its the student not the haircut. Im saying it does not matter if the kid is good or bad

Regardless of the perceived level of seriousness of the rule, it important that students learn to follow rules they are under. There are always going to be rules to follow in life. If mommy or daddy fixes the situation so that a rule can be ignored, they better be ready to follow the kid for the rest of his life, because that's what he's going to expect.

• Like 1