Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ex-Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher dies

Daughter of the Nine Moons

Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher has died at 87 following a stroke, her spokesman has said.

Lord Bell said: "It is with great sadness that Mark and Carol Thatcher announced that their mother Baroness Thatcher died peacefully following a stroke this morning."

Source :BBC

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
  • Like 2

RIP Ma'am.

(Cue celebratory ranting from Lefties, the workshy and assorted Bolsheviks!)

• Like 5

Last of the great characters in UK politics - like her of loath her all politicians since have just been bland and lacking individuality. She was certainly one of a kind.

• Like 5

RIP Mrs T. x

• Like 4

and from millions of people who lost their livlihoods. particularly the Welsh.

• Like 2

Good Riddance I say !

• Like 1

I think perhaps "she was a great character" is the most tactful thing that one can say, and I think I'll leave it at that.

• Like 5

Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher has died at 87 following a stroke, her spokesman has said.

Lord Bell said: "It is with great sadness that Mark and Carol Thatcher announced that their mother Baroness Thatcher died peacefully following a stroke this morning."

Source :BBC

RIP Maggie

• Like 3

RIP Iron Lady.

• Like 4

Some will think that now there is only Gorbachev to die and all the destroyers will be gone......

Curious thing free speech sometimes, curious country UK sometimes, seems full of spite against itself. This link appeared on a Russian blog a short while ago. I make no comment about the Iron Lady, may she rust in peace, but what to make of this link, even though it causes a faint smile....

http://www.isthatcherdeadyet.co.uk/

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri

Some will think that now there is only Gorbachev to die and all the destroyers will be gone......

Curious thing free speech sometimes, curious country UK sometimes, seems full of spite against itself. This link appeared on a Russian blog a short while ago. I make no comment about the Iron Lady, may she rust in peace, but what to make of this link, even though it causes a faint smile....

http://www.isthatcherdeadyet.co.uk/

Its a bit sick.

She is something to be studied when it comes to smashing unions, pritivisation and free enterprise. Of course that means she has a few enemies out there. They could at least show some respect though such websites are poor taste.

• Like 3

I honestly don't know enough about her to make a comment on her years in power. An old lady has died though and for that I am sad, I am sure there are many who won't lose any sleep over it. RIP Iron Lady, thoughts to her family.

• Like 3

All those who show sympathy for the Iron Lady should have been living in the industroialized north of Britain during her Premiership. They should also talk to the many people she made homeless over that period. The communitees shes destroyed. They should maybe consider that she was one of the main instigators of the Bull market which has inevitably caused the Crash of the Credit crunch which we now live through.

She has far to many things to answer for to be missed.

I think you will find that that website echo's the sentiments of at least half of the population of Britain.

Br Cornelius

All those who show sympathy for the Iron Lady should have been living in the industroialized north of Britain during her Premiership. They should also talk to the many people she made homeless over that period. The communitees shes destroyed. They should maybe consider that she was one of the main instigators of the Bull market which has inevitably caused the Crash of the Credit crunch which we now live through.

I think you will find that that website echo's the sentiments of at least half of the population of Britain.

Br Cornelius

She was an elderly woman who could have easily been your granny.

I wouldnt sit here and slate Blair or Kinnock so show some respect.

• Like 4

She was an elderly woman who could have easily been your granny.

I wouldnt sit here and slate Blair or Kinnock so show some respect.

Wouldn't you? Why not? They richly deserve it (well, Blair anyway, Kinnock never accomplished anything to generate any great emotions).

Is it only me who finds it ironic that the Liberal Left, who have laboured tirelessly for years to turn almost every conceivable action, thought and deed perpetrated by those who dare to oppose them, into some kind of hate crime, are themselves the most vociferous of all when it comes to dishing out venom by the bucket-load when it suits them?

So very true.

• Like 3

Wouldn't you? Why not? They richly deserve it (well, Blair anyway, Kinnock never accomplished anything to generate any great emotions).

It isnt the time to slate someone on their death.

• Like 5

It isnt the time to slate someone on their death.

i wasm talking about Bliar. Like I said, I have no opinions about Mrs. T either way.

• Like 1

I'm totally indifferent, she lived a long successful life, which came to an end, I never knew her personally so don't have any feelings about it other than a reminder of my own impending fate.

• Like 1

Br Cornelius

I live in Leeds in Yorkshire, like I said in my other post here, I don't really know enough to comment, but I know my granddad despised her. And he was a very mild mannered man who took a lot to get rattled. So I can't really say anything bad about her without looking in to it further, but I do know if my Granddad had still been alive this news would have made him happy.

Shirebrook Derbyshire...as with many other areas half the population out of work with the closures of the pits.Millions of EEC money pumped into the area to create new jobs.The result!...Nearly all the new factories full of cheap foreign workers.Next to no opportunities for the local population.

A complete and utter farce...

• Like 2

It is by her deeds which she is measured. The fact that she died old doesn't garner any automatic respect from me.

If she had have been a nice person who worked for the good of the whole of the British population - we might be discussing a different story.

The time of a persons death is exactly the right point to be discussing the results of their lifes work. The world should know that she was the most despised political leader of the post war generation as well as the most loved. I am just glad that they put paid to the idea of a state funeral - otherwise I would be on my way to England to make my feeling known to the world.

Br Cornelius