Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trailers vs the Movie

Keel M.

So there you are sitting in the darkened cinema waiting to watch a movie... any movie... and the trailers/previews start to roll. You see a few that catch your eye and make note of the titles of the movies. Perhaps there's even one that really stands out to you and you think, "Oh that is gonna just kick ass!" You eagerly anticipate the release of the movie and pay the cost of the ticket and sit through the whole thing only to realise that a key part that looked exciting in the trailer was not, in fact, part of the movie you've just sat through.

How do you feel about that bit being left out? Angry? Disappointed? Indifferent?

If you felt either anger or disappointment, would you then demand your money back? Apparently a guy in New Zealand did just that after watching the Jack Reacher movie because one part that was in the trailer wasn't in the final product released to theatres.

Personally I don't think he should've been allowed to do that. You should realise that the previews aren't necessarily going to exactly match the movie in question because the trailer is released so far in advance that there could still be editing that needs to be done.

• Like 3

I'd prefer it that way! lol

I like to see trailers so I can get an ide aof if I want to see a film or not, but nowadays they almost show you the whole film int he trialer. Plot, best action scenes and the funniest moments. Then the film is dissapointing.

I prefer trailers where it's not even part of the film, like the Anchor man 2 trialer is pretty good.

I know this is a computer game and not as much people will have seen it or know the game, but it's a prime example of how a trialer should be made in my opinion. Not everyone will agree though:

The song or scene are nto int he game... But they give you a feeling of desperation and a torn apart world... That was enough to make me want to find out what happened to this world, who this guy is and what these things are. Then I played the game and loved it.

Trailers hsould be more like teasers. I tend to only watch teaser trailers now and try to avoid the longer ones.

• Like 1

I think quit often the trailers are better than the movie. They try to show the best part and the rest of it may not be worth seeing.

I don't blame the guy in New Zealand for wanting his money back.

• Like 2

A trailer to me is a 'try before you buy' type of thing.

If I see it in the trailer, then I expect to see it in the film.

If I don't like the trailer, then I won't go see the film.

Movie companies know this and so they will decorate a trailer just enough to entice a wider scale of their intended audience.

I depend on the reviews of others to produce a more 'realistic' version of what I might actually go see.

Kind Regards ;)

I remember an action movie trailer I saw in the 90's(?) . I couldn't wait to see it. Great Action! Excellent Music! Allover Cool!

It finally came to the theater and we went to see it.

Arrrrrrrrrgh! Halfway through I'm bored as heck and thinking

Why didn't the people who put the trailer together MAKE THE MOVIE!?

And if they were one in the same (though I doubt it) SHAME ON THEM!

I don't really care too much about the trailers. In my opinion they aren't even that good anymore. I just wait a week to see the reviews. I know my interests in movies might be different than others, but usually if my friends like it or if it has somewhat nice reviews I'll give it a go.

That's a poor reason to demand your money back.

9 out of 10 times, all the best parts of the movie are shown in the trailer.

• Like 1