Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
MR.Blueprint

We will become Nomads of the universe

28 posts in this topic

Personnally I think it has made us Dumber in a lot of ways. People have troubles remembering the freaking PIN number for 2 or 3 cards. When the ancient peoples with Oral traditions used to pass down entire Encyclopedias of knowledge by word of mouth alone.

The Bible was passed along orally for like 100 years and then when they found the Dead Sea Scrolls they found that much of it was accurately passed down.

The Druids and Irish Bards used to know hundreds or thousands of songs and ceremonys.

Today people need their phone to remember the numbers of their 10 closest friends.

Yeah I highly agree, It seems like today when some technology is down like no cell phone signal people go ape ****

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yeah I highly agree, It seems like today when some technology is down like no cell phone signal people go ape ****

I've actually dealt with people where I say...

Me: "OK, we have 8 of these here, and 8 over there and 21 in the warehouse and 13 more on order.... And, that equals 50."

Other Guy (OG): "How do you know that?"

Me: "What?"

OG: "How do you know it is 50? Did you figure that out ahead of time?"

Me: "No... I added...."

OG: "But, I did not see you calculating it."

Me: "I did it in my head."

OG: "Oh. I always use my phone to figure out that kind of thing."

OMG.... People need their phone to add 4 different numbers!! I've seen it over and over again.

Test: Ask someone what 13 times 13 is... It is not on the Elementary School table that people are forced to memorize so they will have to figure it out. The answer is 169 BTW. See if the person you ask has to write it down, or use a calculator... My vote is most want to use a calculator.

Edited by DieChecker

I've actually dealt with people where I say...

Me: "OK, we have 8 of these here, and 8 over there and 21 in the warehouse and 13 more on order.... And, that equals 50."

Other Guy (OG): "How do you know that?"

Me: "What?"

OG: "How do you know it is 50? Did you figure that out ahead of time?"

Me: "No... I added...."

OG: "But, I did not see you calculating it."

Me: "I did it in my head."

OG: "Oh. I always use my phone to figure out that kind of thing."

OMG.... People need their phone to add 4 different numbers!! I've seen it over and over again.

Test: Ask someone what 13 times 13 is... It is not on the Elementary School table that people are forced to memorize so they will have to figure it out. The answer is 169 BTW. See if the person you ask has to write it down, or use a calculator... My vote is most want to use a calculator.

lol yeah I think its just become so incredibly common these days for people to just look to there mechanical devices, and it also gives them a comfort level just knowing they have said device.

1 person likes this