Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Eye in the sky!

pitchp

824221-eye-in-the-sky.jpg

"For the record, our photo experts reckon the photo shows two jet streams, with the circle in the middle a refraction as the sun hits the camera's lens.

The Bureau of Meteorology says the effect is a "halo".

The optical phenomenon is caused by the refraction of light through ice crystals in the atmosphere, it says.

The effect is also caused by the angle of the sun, which must be at 22 degrees ."

Could this be a true explanation?? Some have said different??

"Chem-trails for sure! The orb is often there thanks to the heavy metals & toxins contained within the trail that is dumped in our skies. When will the rest of the general public out there wake up? This is happening - check out the skies more often and you will start see the real clouds as opposed to the fake ones created from Chem-Trails."

Is it caused by chem trail? pollution? I too have seen this eye in the sky in Melbourne, unfortunately I didn't have my Iphone 4S at the time to take a pic. ;)

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/great-photo-out-of-the-blue/story-e6frg12c-1226615004005

What do you think is the real cause of this Eye in the Sky phenomenon?

• Like 1

Who knows but its is interesting. Possibly caused by a group of different things like moisture and pollution.

Definitely just a halo. They aren't a very rare occurrence and they have absolutely nothing to do with pollution or nonexistent "chemtrails". There are records of people seeing them since ancient history.

It is a Sun halo. There are also moon halos. I happened to see an explanation of them on this page: http://earthsky.org/space/what-makes-a-halo-around-the-moon, then happened to go outside later that night, and see the first in my lifetime:

8317738636_1b1286da55_z.jpg

On an unrelated note, somehow I knew I would be seeing a picture of the Sun when I saw the thread title.

Halos are a natural occurence but Im sure we can recreate the conditions manually.

Sun and moon halos are nifty looking...and I guess there are some folks who might not have seen them. Frankly, I've seen sillier thread subjects.

• Like 2

Frankly, I've seen sillier thread subjects.

Lilly, have you been reading my topics again? :D

Eye in the Sky was also an awesome song by the Alan Parsons Project!

[media=]

[/media]