Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
onereaderone

telepresents geek alert

7 posts in this topic

for 200 . oo usd you can buy 2 bike tires ... for 30.oo usd you can buy 36 inchs of 10M fine threaded rod ... add two stepper motors , a small car battery, 8 vmosfet's and a cell phone with a camar.... and you have telepresents ...

the key is the program and the port address to the 8 I/O bits on the charger port .

i suspect that the app will be harder than the building of the device ...

the 10M fine threaded rod is the same as the bike axil. you only need 18 inch's of the rod , with a 60 degree bend at 9 inch ( half way ) so that the top of the tires do not touch , and you have a wide foot print .

i welded a 1/4 " steel rod 24" long and taped the cell phone to the top .

your smart... you get the idea ... you call your cell phone , and send memory address's to the charging port .... 4 vmosfet's for the left stepper motor.... 4 vmosfet's to the right stepper motor ....

ooo1

your smart.. you get the idea

5 buttons.... { fwd/left , fwd/right , invert , lock/brake , fast >slow speed }

press invert and you have { rev/right , rev/left , invert , go straight , slow>fast speed }

giggles .... if you think it sux's ... you try and write your own app ...

by the way... the basic design is 40 years old... so do not plan on a patent any time soon....

app's can be copy write protected how ever .

Not sure what you are trying to say. Using an app to control a device using binary numbers stored in data registers?

Not sure what you are trying to say. Using an app to control a device using binary numbers stored in data registers?

He's trying to take over the World.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

lets start again .

cell phones have camara , speakers , microphones ... and a mini usb port ...

the mini usb can drive two stepper motors ...

if the two stepper motors are tires ... you could call the cell phone ... and drive the cell phone around like a remote controlled car... useing the camara to see , the speakers to talk and microphone to hear .

i do not want to re-invent the world , i just want to use what the world has made in a diffrent way than it was intended .

i want a cell phone to become a remote control device ... for telepresents .

let me get a picture of the device we use to build in the late 70's and early 80's... and then things will be more clear .

we used bipolar stepper motors and mechanical dpdt relays and motor cycle batterys back then .

but i need some one who knows how to write data to a mini usb port on a cell phone , write a smart phone app , and/ or can think outside the box .

we are not talking about building a billion dollar company... we are talking about building a nerd bot for techno-geeks who are smarter than practical ... and just wanna do a thing because it can be done ...

Edited by onereaderone

Mini USB ports are just a means for data/energy transfer. You can't write data to mini USB ports. You write it to the components within the phone itself. As for the app are you going to use this app to perform these functions?

I assume the USB port is to connect to the actual wheels and such? Your main constraints is the phones power and Ubattery life.

Posted (edited)

Mini USB ports are just a means for data/energy transfer. You can't write data to mini USB ports. You write it to the components within the phone itself. As for the app are you going to use this app to perform these functions?

I assume the USB port is to connect to the actual wheels and such? Your main constraints is the phones power and Ubattery life.

a stepper motor is either a bipolar or unipolar ... bipolar is designed to use mechanical relays... and uses switching polaritys or reversing poles ... and has 4 wires total

a unipolar stepper motor is designed with semi conductors in mind.... it has 2 center tapping grounds and 4 feild winding wires....

if your counting... that is 6 wires total on a unipolar stepper motor... how ever... you can send both the center tapping ground wires to a common ground... and switch only the 4 " signal wires to the drain of a " V channel metal oxide siemi conducting feild effect transistor " also known as a VMOSFET ... the gate will turn on at between 3 vdc and 5 vdc ... the left over wire of the vmosfet goes to the +13.5 vdc post of the car battery ....

the mini usb operates at .7vdc to 1.4vdc with a data "0" and 3.5vdc to 7vdc with a data " 1" but as the name says... it is a serial port... not a paralell port ...

...so...

the programmer can not be a moron and not understand the simplistic stuff... if all they know is c/c++ ... i may have to hold their hand and give them the most basic feild guide ...

more than likly... the people who know the data port address and how to get a programm written to a cell phones memory will have more than a clue what the problems are .

this is not a learning experiance , frankly speaking , if some one can write an app that this needs... we should be able to minimalize it to a copy write and with a tiny bit of luck... make money for them .

frankly we are looking at 4 programms

sender/cel-bot > site to site

the sender will call the cel-bot ... when the phone at the cel-bot rings.. the ring tone disables the negitive wire to the stepper motors .

the sender gives a 128 bite code ... which includes the senders phone number encripted in the code...

cel-bot calls the sender back and give the inverse hand shake 128 bite code to the sender...

because no ring tone.. the negitive wire to the stepper motor is still enabled .

the programm app connects the cel-bot camar, mic and speaker to the sender...

and connects sender's press of buttons to the cel-bot and drives the motors...

( of course , you will have a battery the size in your car that will power the stepper motors... the cellphone will just switch the battery power on and off... and also recharge the cellphone ... kinda like being plugged into the cigarette lighter )

sender to station to cel-bot

the sender logs on to a web site , gives credit card information , logs in to a timed page .

the web site gives a 128 bite code to a cel-bot in a location choice... which includes the web senders phone number encripted in the code...

cel-bot calls the web sender back and give the inverse hand shake 128 bite code to the web sender...

then connects the cel-bot camar, mic and speaker to the web sender which then connects the page....

which then connect the controll of the cel-bot to the operator

veiwer to station

veiwer logs on to station... and watchs the data comming from the cel-bot.. with out access to the control.

this is not easy, but its also not imposable .

the mystery is in three parts.

why has this not happened yet?

please p. m. me if your intrested and feel you have the skill set needed to write a programm .

does any one have any suggestions .

in about 1 week i will try to post a picture of the device i am currently building... or give the addy where the picture is....

i have no intrest in starting a business or being the company owner .

frankly , i am a rather mid skilled engineer and work in team better than as the lone ranger .

this idea can not be patented , but there are quite a few ways to go into business with it.

once the program is up... service and vendor operations may welll make a good deal of money...

but right now , i need a programmer with c/c++ as a good starting point... and a applications engineer w/ arduino experiance and camara compression and transmission

as a dream angel ( more than i can hope for)... i would very much like to turn the whole thing over to a company or venture capitalist , and just be a team member.

Edited by onereaderone

i do not know enought about a mini usb port to talk forcefully ... but i do understand "i/o" ports enought to suggest that the addressing of a memory out side the cell phone case will be at least 8 bits in size ...

if you can access a external memory device... then you can run 2 stepper motors .

the suggestion that the cell phone does not have the battery power is quite obvious...

the cell phone provides the data/controll .... a wet cell battery / car size battery is the power sourse for the stepper motors ... and a side benifit the wet cell can also boost the cell phone as well ( i am not suggesting routing all the device power of a wet cell thru the cell phone)

the fact is , we are building a earth following improvise drone . with camar , sound and voice .

with a credit card reader and a voice to text reader .... and a translation program ... you can phone any place on earth and see for your self ... drive a remote controlled bot ... and see for your self.

and may be even buy silk in pakistan , brass tea pots in india , and shoes in london... all with a cel-bot web site and people all over the world building and maintaning them .

it is important to remember ... i am not talking about this happening in 10 years ... i want it to happen in the next 2 months .

i need the cell phone app's yesterday ... and frankly speaking... one of each is not reasonable .... the more people writing apps... the harder it will be to have one script kiddy attack and bring down the whole idea .

ah well... the current design sux's ... i have stepper motors on the way and i will plug a arduino between the mini usb and the vmosfet's ... i am useing a remote controll helicoter controller , and a phone for vision at the moment.