Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What if everyone who ever lived was like you?

Orcseeker

I've always had this thought for a long time. What if everyone in history, present and ongoing future had your mindset. Where would we be today? Engulfed in war or light years ahead? Progressive or regressive?

Of course one couldn't gauge and determine what the world would be like on the fly. I have just found the idea interesting. How would some inventions follow? Would they be in the same level of succession or would the indeterminate or predecessor inventions be scattered from our current set up?

If one day a program was developed to estimate based on our individual brains to determine what the world would have been like, a world of you.

I'm not talking clones here but I hope you get my drift.

Like me, for example? That would be scary.

I often(not always) appreciate other's much more than myself.

• Like 1

The world would be in a constant state of bipolar manic depressiveness.

We would be sleepless/anxious artists.

Maintaining a journal would be mandatory.

Sarcasm would be the language of choice.

Waffles woukd be the national food.

And valium would fall like rain every 4-6 hours.

This is totally progressive.

No thank you, life is boring enough with just one of me !! :-)

I was just thinking about this notion and also had the thought to start a thread about it. Very interesting concept...

So each one who has the capability to populate a world with people just like them, what would the results be of that world? We wpuld parent ourselves, we would be siblings to ourselves, we would marry ourselves, we would make decisions based on our surroundings and interactions with ourselves, we would get medical treatment from people who are just like us, people like us would be building our homes, providing government, hunting and gathering, farming / killing meat.....

Would everyone have our same body or just our demeanor? Would we at least be given the curve ball of different types of physical/mental challenges unique to a sole person or will we born equally, effected only by the circumstances of our fetal environments. Hmmm these are just questions you made me think of but I dont have any answers yet. Ill come back.

Great topic. :)

• Like 1

I'd love a world with sexy, talented geniuses running around everywhere!

• Like 4

All like me? God forbid! I doubt the human race would have outlived its first nappy change!

• Like 1

I do know that we would sleep a lot and that not everything would be taken so seriously. There would be a lot of bird lovers and nature walks. I really dont think there would be a lot of wars because I would teach myself at a young age about getting along with others, I think the notion of justice is natural for me. But a problem could come along for example if one of me had a lot of additional stress, accidents befalled them (of course I wouldn't purposely hurt one of myselves) that may spiral into another direction. But I do believe my compassion will outweigh even those events and I would be able to reel them back in. We would be very forgiving toward one another and also very forgetful. I have a feeling a lot of us would drink tea or smoke tea leaves.. life would be very poetic and we wouldn't be nearly as advanced in technology or medicine or science... but that would be ok, there would be less sickness on the whole because there would be less stress....

I think my world would be hella fun...

The more I think about this the more I actually want to do it. I feel like if I could spread myself amoung myself I could accomplish all that I ever wanted and I could try things out in a variety of ways. I would hope to be in charge of some central brain that could gain from all of myselves endeavors... it would be magnificent. We would have our own language and writing system, musical instruments, probably some dabbles in the magical arts, print making, fashion, ornamental hairstyles would be big, jewelry, cooking... we would eat a lot of spicy food. Our houses might be built in the trees and we would swing down from them on ropes in the mornings, we would be strong and healthy and be able to climb back up the ropes in the afternoon....

We might even talk in bird languages like whistling and singing. There would be a lot of singing in the morning as the sun came up, it would be heard all over the land.

• Like 1

I'd love a world with sexy, talented geniuses running around everywhere!

Can we assume that they would all know the correct plural form of 'genius' then? s9585.gif

• Like 5

Can we assume that they would all know the correct plural form of 'genius' then? s9585.gif

Yes, there'd be more book learnin'.

The sexy part takes care of that problem in this world though.

Edited by Sweetpumper
  • Like 1

I'm not sure the planet could handle all that AWESOMENESS. :whistle:

• Like 2

We might even talk in bird languages like whistling and singing. There would be a lot of singing in the morning as the sun came up, it would be heard all over the land.

Not by me there bloody wouldn't! s1612.gif

• Like 1

Genius doesn't assume the form of vocabulary and spelling in most cases.

They already are..........

• Like 1

I've always had this thought for a long time. What if everyone in history, present and ongoing future had your mindset. Where would we be today? Engulfed in war or light years ahead? Progressive or regressive?

Of course one couldn't gauge and determine what the world would be like on the fly. I have just found the idea interesting. How would some inventions follow? Would they be in the same level of succession or would the indeterminate or predecessor inventions be scattered from our current set up?

If one day a program was developed to estimate based on our individual brains to determine what the world would have been like, a world of you.

I'm not talking clones here but I hope you get my drift.

Interesting question. I saw an old B&W Twilight Zone recently where the guy made that wish and got it. He discovered how thoughtless and rude he was. He regretted it.

I was a very bright, artistic, really good obedient kid, tested out of high school at early age was told I could be anything by career counselers which didn;t help me decide the correct choices! Book smart and intuition but naive how the world really worked since i was really surrounded by honest and caring people as a child. Cold injustice caused by evil greedy people made me very rebelious with many missions to fight them in society! As a teenager I was vain since I seemed to get everything I wanted and switched jobs when I wanted and explored many things and continued college in whatever interested me. I did charity work and belonged to many organizations and thought I could change the world, but didn't really think my life would change.

I got older and realized you can't fight city hall without sacrificing your lifestyle but you can make a mark to change things. When you get past that point, you're old and can't do what you used to do except with effort and less resourses. I thought my God my photographic mind doesn't work as well as it did and I have to use glasses for small print sometimes. You become more humble and reflect on your life a lot with hind sight. But if I didn't make a lot of those stupid choiices, I realize something better always came out of the bad experiences, just not enough change to ,make me happy about what I lost by doing them. I have helped others and changed lots of things when I look back so it doesn't bother me. I learned alot and I'm glad I learned what I did and known the people I have known because of the things I set out to do.

So I'd say the world with people like me would still be interesting because of all the zeal I had for just about every thing when I was younger, but I wouldn't be very strong if I didn't have the adversity of a currupt world I was trying to change. Boring world in a way because there would not be war, lots of travelling, art, music, animal friends, science experiments , space travel and mystical pursuits, We'd all retire at 50 and not have to worry since the youger me loved older people because they know more than you think if you listen. We'd all proably be vegetarian though because I don't think I could kill an animal unless I had to do it. I was a vegetarian teen and if sourrounded be me, probably would have remained one I would be missing steak for sure because I know I wouldn't be able to kill a cow, maybe we'd have chicken or fish though LOL

Even if everyone were like us, I don't think we'd really be the same because we are so many different people thoughout our life. Those experiences with others is what makes us who we are.

Thanks for the thread it's an interesting thing to think about ! Scary if you think about that with other people you know too even the good ones and how there younger ones interacting with the older ones would play out to be a totally different society!

Edited by White Unicorn
  • Like 1

It would be hard to guess what would happen because everyone would understand that everyone is the same. I would expect that a 'survival of the fitest' concept would still aply which means, to survive, you would need to be better than someone else (yourself), however everyone would know what others know and would know how to win over themselves which in turn would lead to new perceptions on everything. It wouldnt take long before what you though of everyone (that they are exactly like you) started to change rapidly because everyone would have to be different and smarter then others in order to survive.

Now the real question is, if everyone is the same, then they think the same, they think of the same possible scenarious strategies. It would be an endless loop if you are a loving person, but even then, everyone would kill each other because they would realise that survival is not possible. Another question, would thee be all males, or just females. If you have female and male instances of you, the females would not think entirely the same as the males - what would that lead to, I have not idea. Would reproduction lead to babies that would eventually lead to being like you? Would this be impossible?

There are too many aspects and elements of life that you would have to analyse, but again it all comes down to beliefs and speculations which are both subjective things. However, my speculation is that humanity would not last more than a generation :clap: you would kill yourselves. How would it end? Mass suicide? War? Disease? Darlecs?

Part of who I am has been shaped by lessons and the actions of others, so who would I be if everyone thought the same as I did? I wouldn't be the same as I am now if everyone was the same, in fact there would be no way to tell who I would be. I would have been raised differently, had different teachers in life, and would not have been subjected to the same harsh life lessons. The way I think, my mindset so to speak, has been shaped by these so if everyone was the same I have no idea what that mindset would be.

Lets say though, that maybe my ethical and moral views remained the same. Well, I get extremely passionate if something violates what I think is right but no one would violate my morals since they all thought the same way. This would warp my personality and mindset since that large part of me and my desicion making would be essentially useless.

In the end, all the people who thought the same as me would most likely go insane knowing that no matter what they did every move they made could be predicted and that no matter how hard they worked everyone else would be able to do a job well as just as they could. Since most likely they would feel life is worthless though ( I know I would) Someone would get depressed and comit suicide, and since one person who though the exact same as you commited suicide, it would make you insecure and lead to your own suicide. Though, there would be no crime, pollution, greed or vanity (well at least not much), and there would be world peace and everyone would look after their neighbors. Everyone would also be a martyr, but there would be no martyrs since everyone would hold the same thoughts and ideals. And everyone would try to be a martyr also making there no martyrs.

This is a facinating topic that has occasionally crossed my mind, and the differenet thoughts and ways this would impact the group of people is facinating to think about.

Oh geez... nothing would get done. There would be millions of projects started none finished. Tons of great ideas... all in the "thinking" stage. But we'd love each other :)

I would'nt want that even if i was Ghandi. The power of humanity is it's mixed of individuality working into the collectivity. Would nature be so beautifull if all was only but one plant? I think not.

• Like 1

The world would be pleasant but sometimes boring, with occasional bouts of moodiness under stress.

• Like 1