Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ciriuslea

A New Approach

6 posts in this topic

People living in the north-west London borough of Harrow are being offered the ‘incentive’ payments if they agree to move abroad.

The council is mooting the hand-outs after admitting to having one of the smallest housing stocks in the capital.

But councillors insist they have not yet rubber-stamped the idea, which has been raised in meetings with tenants’ representatives.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/10/council-tenants-could-be-offered-20000-to-leave-britain-3590534/

Posted (edited)

Well they've got to make room for the bulgarians & romanians some how.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
2 people like this

Utterly ridiculous!! If the housing is not available then you look to a different borough, or wait like everyone else. I am sure there are plenty of people in the rest of the country who would like to move abroad (retirement or work) that have no hope of a 20,000 pound nestegg to help them.

How will this be funded? Let me guess, those who have to pay Council Tax in that particular Borough (without the rebates) will have to fund it causing their own Tax bills to increase.

2 people like this

IF they were to give me £20,000 I would move abroad ASAP, I would love nothing more than to get out of this **** hole

I should have posted this in the humour section as this is a joke....just highlights how utterly fuc*ed up the people we have running this country are.

1 person likes this

Maybe they should give me 20,000 pounds to not immigrate to the UK.

1 person likes this