Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Syrian Rebels Swear Fealty to AlQeada

and-then

The MB, in all its variants, does not represent Islam.

And who decides that? You? The masses who voted the MB into power in Egypt, Tunesia, and Libya would very like to differ. And so does your government by the way, just recall how Hillary and Barrack Hussein were so eager to replace Mubarak with an MB dictatorship... and are now supplying teargas to Morsi so that he can bash the local opposition.

I just love it when wide-eyed and ignorant infidels try to tell us who represents islam and who does not.

Edited by Zaphod222

And who decides that? You? The masses who voted the MB into power in Egypt, Tunesia, and Libya would very like to differ. And so does your government by the way, just recall how Hillary and Barrack Hussein were so eager to replace Mubarak with an MB dictatorship... and are now supplying teargas to Morsi so that he can bash the local opposition.

I just love it when wide-eyed and ignorant infidels try to tell us who represents islam and who does not.

He is correct. It would be like claiming that the Church of Mormon represents all of Christianity.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 2

What masses voted for the MB? Do you consider the constant demonstrations against them in Egypt and Tunisia a sign of support to their regime? Did they use 71 tons of tear gas in a period of 2 months mostly in Cairo because they were greeting their 'supporters' who were cheering for them? 49 people were killed in one demonstration in Port Said alone! The cities of Mansura, Mahala el Kubra, Port Said, Tanta, and even Alexandria declared themselves 'independent' of the MB government. Mursi cannot visit any of these places. He could not even attend the official funeral of the 16 soldiers who were killed in Sinai for fear of facing angry demonstrators. His prime minister and other MB members who attended were pelted and jeered; they had to be rushed out of the mosque in socks! The same thing happened to Mursi himself several times! Universities all over Egypt held their student unions' elections, the MB lost them all. Why was the leftist opposition leader assassinated in Tunisia, because the regime there is secure with the support of the masses who are demonstrating against them to express 'support'? Do you consider Libya now an example of a functioning democracy?

As for the elections, in which Mursi 'won' with 1% majority, not exactly a huge popular mandate, only half of those eligible to vote did. During the second round many people voted for him because they feared Shafik's connection with Mubarak's regime including the 6 April revolutionary group. These are nick-named 'lemon squeezers' (alluding to a practice of using lemon juice to help swallow something distasteful)...You are assuming that the elections were honest and unrigged, which is not the case. There is presently a court case investigating 6 million fraudulent names which appeared on the electoral lists, including one name which appeared 625 times on several district lists! There is another case investigating pre-marked tickets which were used. Salafists besieged several christian villages to prevent the people from voting. Votes of the poor were purchased using money, and even food. The day the results were to be announced, the republican guard went to Shafik's house to secure it, but then they suddenly withdrew, the announcement was delayed for hours then suddenly Mursi was declared winner. He is now in open conflict with the judiciary, the Media, labor unions, Al Azhar, the Church, students, and women's groups. The fact is that the MB is being secured in power by an interested force majeure.

You can only judge the degree of my 'ignorance' if you yourself were able to consult 'first-hand' information sources, not the sanitized coverage of international media. You can always learn Arabic, or run Arabic articles in web translation sites. I have just returned from a long visit to Egypt, and it is a mess. Young people are getting killed on daily basis almost. People do not sacrifice their lives because they are overwhelmingly supporting the regime!

You called me wide-eyed & ignorant, usually I refuse to respond to personal attacks, but just this time I will. I hold three university degrees in Anthropology and Islamic studies, am Egyptian who can consult firsthand information sources, if you want to criticize my posts then please use reliable data not name-calling.

• Like 3

He is correct. It would be like claiming that the Church of Mormon represents all of Christianity.

'She' is Christian, EMM :)

• Like 1

'She' is Christian, EMM :)

Sorry, Meryt. I had to delete that part of the post anyway, as it had an insult, but I'd always thought you were a dude for some reason. No offence! :D

Sorry, Meryt. I had to delete that part of the post anyway, as it had an insult, but I'd always thought you were a dude for some reason. No offence! :D

ouch! :D

• Like 3

Was about to post this. Was your comment about not seeing this coming sarcastic? I've been posting about this both with Syria and Libya. We're supporting the same ilk that we're fighting.

I hate to sound conspiratorial, but there is quite a lot of evidence that Al_Quida never ceased been a branch of the CIA - so pledging elegance to Al_Quida seems entirely logical to me.

Br Cornelius

I hate to sound conspiratorial, but there is quite a lot of evidence that Al_Quida never ceased been a branch of the CIA - so pledging elegance to Al_Quida seems entirely logical to me.

Br Cornelius

It is both possible and logical for your thoughts to be true (though, as I'm sure you'll agree, this doesn't necessarily make them so). Though I highly doubt anyone has told the extremists involved!

It is both possible and logical for your thoughts to be true (though, as I'm sure you'll agree, this doesn't necessarily make them so). Though I highly doubt anyone has told the extremists involved!

I doubt any of the footsoldiers get told anything other than fiery tales about a perfect Muslim state. Don't make what I said untrue though.

The CIA has always operated by supporting and organizing domestic "revolutionaries", its considerably cheaper and allows them to disown their actions. Only when this fails is the army sent in. The CIA is the most malign and destabilizing influence in the world over the last half century and is directly responsible for more deaths than any of the more conventional wars.

In my opinion both Libya and Syria are highly suspect "revolutions" created in the moment of opportunity which opened up after Egypt had its genuine revolution.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

We should stop meddling in the internal affairs of others we cannot understand well enough. Throwing money at counterproductive policies such as these is a waste of resources!

Assad has been calling the rebels 'terrorists' non-stop ever since this began. If they're Al Qaeda why aren't we helping Assad out? We're bombing for Al Qaeda in Libya and now we're arming them in Syria.

Maybe our foreign policy isn't so dumb after all. Syria appears to be the flypaper for the flies and the US doesn't even have to fight the terrorists ourselves.

It appears we have handed the "War on Terror" off to Assad and have elected him to fight it for us.

Question for all: I suppose it's not alright when he bombs Al Qaeda, right?

• Like 2

Regime change through agent provocators. Thats all you need to know to understand whats happening in the middle east at the moment.

If I was Iran I would arm myself to the back teeth with Nukes as its the only proven way to stop the USA's paid lackies from coming knocking on your door and causing a revolution. Did you ever wonder why America has not invaded North Korea, its because they are not defenceless like most countries.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

Wasn`t Ayman al-Zawahri a member of the Muslin Brotherhood group that was banned from Egypt and he was jailed, but now that group is in power in Egypt. Isn `nt Zawahri group al quada fighting to place the muslin brother hood in power in Syria also? and in everywhere else of the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayman_al-Zawahiri

• Like 5

AThe Muslim Brotherhood is Al Quedas politcal wing ....and yes we are arming Al Queda in Libya first and now Syria. The FSA needs to owe there allegiance to get a grab on those arms. Were a sick country when it comes to removing non Rothschild bank countries.

Edited by AsteroidX
  • Like 3

the syrian government is extremely great with the Propaganda and media, they fooled us for 40 years now, they are fooling you also, it's their thing, Assad is not fighting terrorists, he is fighting his people, and mostly the civilians,

• Like 1

the syrian government is extremely great with the Propaganda and media, they fooled us for 40 years now, they are fooling you also, it's their thing, Assad is not fighting terrorists, he is fighting his people, and mostly the civilians,

I'm certainly no expert but this is the way it seems to me also. I realize that at the heart of every great matter in the world, money can be found as a cause but so can religion. One thing I believe completely, the dying children and old people in Syria are NOT part of the "Base". They weren't recruited by anyone, they are just trying to survive. It's a damned obscenity what is being done to them.

Br Cornelius

Its not often we agree Br, but if you ask anyone in Pakistan who Osama and Al Quida are and you'll only get one answer. CIA

• Like 4

So the US government is working to destroy itself? The CIA is funding and training an entity that is killing both US soldiers and civilians? How does that make any sense?

So the US government is working to destroy itself? The CIA is funding and training an entity that is killing both US soldiers and civilians? How does that make any sense?

What happens when you need an enemy and none exist? The "military industrial complex" needs to be at war.

[media=]

[/media]

Edit. That might explain why US forces are gaurding "Al Quida" poppy fields

Edited by Professor Buzzkill
  • Like 2

Look to the primary economic interest of America and look at what it motivates the Government to do. The primary economic interest of America is Oil and the Arabs are sitting on the largest oil reserves in the world. Its far easier to extract resources from a destabilized country (to a point) than from a strong willed independent country.

Look at the example of Iraq, which went rouge and Libya which wanted to start selling its oil in gold.

It is a documented fact that Osama Bin Ladin was a CIA agent who was used to destabilize the Russian backed Afghanistan and that the organization he set up never ceased to exist in the form it was originally set up (the name refers to a database of insurgent agents which could be called on to do the bidding of the CIA). Al Quida has continued to be used in insurgency work across the middle east. However the name has been turned into a potent boggy man for the domestic US market, and it is now easy to declare any terrorist group Al-Quida to raise the public bile. Ask yourself why Al-Quida has never operated within Palestine, the most potent symbol of American Imperialism.

The obvious explanation is rarely the correct one.

Br Cornelius

It doesn't unless you're a gullible fool. Take a bow bro.

• Like 1

Look to the primary economic interest of America and look at what it motivates the Government to do. The primary economic interest of America is Oil and the Arabs are sitting on the largest oil reserves in the world. Its far easier to extract resources from a destabilized country (to a point) than from a strong willed independent country.

Look at the example of Iraq, which went rouge and Libya which wanted to start selling its oil in gold.

It is a documented fact that Osama Bin Ladin was a CIA agent who was used to destabilize the Russian backed Afghanistan and that the organization he set up never ceased to exist in the form it was originally set up (the name refers to a database of insurgent agents which could be called on to do the bidding of the CIA). Al Quida has continued to be used in insurgency work across the middle east. However the name has been turned into a potent boggy man for the domestic US market, and it is now easy to declare any terrorist group Al-Quida to raise the public bile. Ask yourself why Al-Quida has never operated within Palestine, the most potent symbol of American Imperialism.

The obvious explanation is rarely the correct one.

Br Cornelius

Your supposition might be reasonable IF the US were obtaining the oil at some discount or for free. NO such thing is happening. Fair market is being paid for those resources everyone loves to say we are stealing, raping, etc. And as to the Bin Laden connection, the CIA was tasked with returning the Vietnam favor to the Russians in Afghanistan. I present you Hanlon's Razor where the CIA is concerned. The US government is too darned inept to be so wily as you claim. They simply discarded a tool without cleaning up the potential mess and they also failed to account for religious extremism.

It doesn't unless you're a gullible fool. Take a bow bro.

Apparently you think it's funny to laugh at people here AH. It doesn't make you cool or smart or even witty. Just rude. The one thing I've learned is certain in life is that when someone feels they have all the answers - avoid them. Have a nice day

America want's the right to control where the oil flows, it also wants its companies to be extracting it. If its companies are extracting it then no matter what the price - it still wins. What it doesn't want to see is foreign state owned oil companies profiting from a rising market where it has no share of the profits.

There is fairly strong evidence that the CIA have been both supporting the trade in drugs from across the world, at the same time as fighting the war on drugs. Its a simple rerun of the British Opium wars but this time the objective seems to be to open up access to foreign resources (same as the British Opium wars) but also to depress the civil rights movement of the domestic black population. Remember Oli North admitted that this what they were doing in the Iran- Contra affair over three decades ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_and_Contras_cocaine_trafficking_in_the_US

An organization which would facilitate the flooding of domestic inner cities with drugs cannot be trusted to have the best interests of the world at heart.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

America want's the right to control where the oil flows, it also wants its companies to be extracting it. If its companies are extracting it then no matter what the price - it still wins. What it doesn't want to see is foreign state owned oil companies profiting from a rising market where it has no share of the profits.

There is fairly strong evidence that the CIA have been both supporting the trade in drugs from across the world, at the same time as fighting the war on drugs. Its a simple rerun of the British Opium wars but this time the objective seems to be to open up access to foreign resources (same as the British Opium wars) but also to depress the civil rights movement of the domestic black population. Remember Oli North admitted that this what they were doing in the Iran- Contra affair over three decades ago.

http://en.wikipedia....cking_in_the_US

An organization which would facilitate the flooding of domestic inner cities with drugs cannot be trusted to have the best interests of the world at heart.

Br Cornelius

You know, Brutha, I really hope you are wrong about my country. Because if you are correct then there isn't much chance of a bright future any time soon. It's easy enough to single out the wrong in any place and to decry it but when looking at human institutions it's also necessary to look at the whole picture. I ask you sincerely, with all the faults you find with the USA, do you really think that any other nation on this planet today - if given as much power and influence - could be trusted to act as or more sanely and altruistically? When you condemn America you are condemning the greatest experiment of freedom the world has ever known and, I think, indicting the weakness of mankind in general. Being a detractor, even a hater of America, does no good to the world. It only invites some other power to hold sway. I guess I would say you should be careful what you wish for.

I think America has drifted into been a quasi-Fascistic state (think Italy). I think any country which seeks to have as much power as America will make far to many compromises along the way to achieve it. Freedom can only be considered rhetoric unless it is equally extended to all peoples who are influenced by those seek impose it.

Americas history of supporting dictators is to damning to conclude that they are after anything other than access to resources and complient vassel states. It was not freedom that the Americans were weeking when they funded the murder of 100,000 citizens of South American citizens across South America, neither was it freedom for the millions killed in Iraq and Vietnam - it was open access to the resources at preferential terms.

It is a world empire into perpetuity which the USA seeks.

Any country with those ambitions cannot be trusted to respect the rights and freedoms of those who stand against it.

Br Cornelius

I think America has drifted into been a quasi-Fascistic state (think Italy). I think any country which seeks to have as much power as America will make far to many compromises along the way to achieve it. Freedom can only be considered rhetoric unless it is equally extended to all peoples who are influenced by those seek impose it.

Americas history of supporting dictators is to damning to conclude that they are after anything other than access to resources and complient vassel states. It was not freedom that the Americans were weeking when they funded the murder of 100,000 citizens of South American citizens across South America, neither was it freedom for the millions killed in Iraq and Vietnam - it was open access to the resources at preferential terms.

It is a world empire into perpetuity which the USA seeks.

Any country with those ambitions cannot be trusted to respect the rights and freedoms of those who stand against it.

Br Cornelius

Well according to my faith (which you seem to find an embarrassment for me:) ) The EU is the next super power that will be taking the world stage. If you're a young man you will see it in your lifetime - then you can compare the two. Maybe you will see that the failings of America are just the failings of human frailty writ large. Hopefully the EU will do a job more to your pleasure.