Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Death scares the crap outa me..and I believe

Zeta Reticulum

Ok Folks, yes I believe in GOD, the most almighty creator, not some guy in the sky, but a presence that we cannot fathom.

I have had experiences in my life , which I know cannot be simple coincidence.

And yet ... I fear GOD....

I wonder about the poor atheists who wake up upon death... and think... OH Ohhhh .....should I go into the tunnel

or stay here and be a ghost for eternity.

• Like 2

I wouldn't worry about the atheists. God has got to understand, being that He has made it so hard for rational people to believe in Him.

• Like 6

Truly I say to

you, none will be saved unless they believe in my cross. But those who

have believed in my cross, theirs is the kingdom of God. . . . Truly I say

to you, none of those who fear death will be saved; for the kingdom of

death belongs to those who put themselves to death.

Apocryphon of James4.37-6.18, in NHL 31-32. Emphasis added. On the figure

of James, see S. K. Brown, James: A Religio-Historical Study of the Relations between

Jewish, Gnostic, and Catholic Christianity in the Early Period through an Investigation of

the Traditions about James the Lord's Brother (Providence, 1972).

Pagels, Elaine H 1943-

The gnostic gospels.

If you believe in God there is no reason to fear death ....

• Like 1

I wonder about the poor atheists who wake up upon death... and think... OH Ohhhh .....should I go into the tunnel

Ever thought they wonder about you not waking up?
  • Like 1

Ok Folks, yes I believe in GOD, the most almighty creator, not some guy in the sky, but a presence that we cannot fathom.

Look after your own interests and stop trying to boost your own ego by putting down those who dont share your belief

• Like 5

you fear death but not in the same way as an atheist, you know god exists but dont know if your saved. you were saved the second you believed, dont compare your self to christians who think they are saved no matter what they do. your saved because you work for your salvation even though you dont have to. godbless and dont change

• Like 1

I wouldn't let it scare me. Even if your not an atheist which religion is right? They all think theirs is the only correct one. Someone has to be wrong.

• Like 1

I really see only two possibilities. The first is that we become extinct, the second is that we don't.

Ever heard of Death Bed Visions? They are very uplifting and comforting. There are a number of books out that talk about death bed visions. Visions, Trips, and Crowded Rooms by David Kessler, Final Gifts by Maggie Callanan, At The Hour of Death by Dr. Karl Osis and Ehrlandur Harraldson, One Last Hug Before I Go by Dr. Carla Wills-Brandon, and Death Bed Visions by Sir William Barrett. Barrett's book can be read for free online.

Death Bed Visions by Sir William Barrett

http://www.survivalafterdeath.info/books/barrett/dbv/contents.htm

Art

Ever heard of Death Bed Visions? They are very uplifting and comforting. There are a number of books out that talk about death bed visions. Visions, Trips, and Crowded Rooms by David Kessler, Final Gifts by Maggie Callanan, At The Hour of Death by Dr. Karl Osis and Ehrlandur Harraldson, One Last Hug Before I Go by Dr. Carla Wills-Brandon, and Death Bed Visions by Sir William Barrett. Barrett's book can be read for free online.

Death Bed Visions by Sir William Barrett

http://www.survivala...bv/contents.htm

Art

About as reliable as death bed confessions.

I guess it's natural to have some fear of the unknown? I don't know if it's the fear of "death" and what that state might be , or not be, like... as much as a fear of losing what we have NOW?

I suspect ,religion ,or lack there of ,has little to do with where you end up after death ......

• Like 3

death is over rated... there are a great meny things worse . god is not the danger , its the people who would kill jesus if they gort their hands upon him a second time that you need to worry about...

the romans just followed their orders.... GIVEN BY THE CHURCH ! ... the people who christ had the greatest contempt for ... were the people who beat their chests , and shouted " have you been saved! ... are you a ZEALOT LIKE ME! " THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE THE MOST TO LOOSE IF GOD IS AMONG US!

jesus , in his own words was all about seeking god.... if you talk about god in church... they will ask you to leave. or " we do not set doctrine here , what your asking is above our pay grade "

god is really not that hard to understand ... and what happens after death is pretty straight foreward .... god save you if you talk about it in a church... they will cruxifie you !

beleif is for people who would rather read it in a book , than do it in person ... and atheists are twits any way , only a person with eyes tightly shut , fingers in their ears and shouting " no god.... no god... no god ! " can manage to be an atheist for more than a few hours ... surrounded by a universal order that goes from the cosmic to the subatomic in a seamless and flawless set of scaled orderly laws that repeat like a choir of rythems . the only real place you find honest atheists are in university and govermentaly sponsored programms of disinformation ... they can't do anything useful ...( with out bumping into all that order )

religon is just as bad... except they have an excused absense... their mothers wrote " please excuse my brainless child , they have never had an original idea in their lives... but they beleive... so thats alright !"

circlular argumentsuseing words with out clear meanings ... and some times mythical ideas with out any foundation or evidance... kinda makes the atheist look good ...

yeah , you can't define the word god... cuz jesus is god... but one god only... so you have three... and heaven is where you go... but its not a place you can point to... but hell is down... but its not real either... and the devil is not a god... but he is bad and god hates him... but god loves everything... and never made a mistake... but your born broken.. cuz god made a mistake...

GET OVER IT!

either give up and leave god to the people who know .. or define your words carefully and talk like your not an atheist.... athiests are totaly brainless... but at least they pretend to think out what they are saying for them selves .

your bible was printed ... it had an editor , spell checker , press operator ... and its made of dead tree's... its a silly book ...tell me what the word holy means before you say it... define clearly what sin is . and then tell me about idol worship .

and either jesus is god... and is dead.... or you have more than one god ... i can count... counting is not a hard concept , do not act like a moron, or i will treat you like one ...

either there is only one god ( which is really not a bad idea ) ... or you can not count , and your playing word games with words that are meaningless ( to at least you ) .

frankly speaking... christians are , as a group , very nice people .

they always run away or get angry when they insult the intelect of people who ask honest questions and get profoundly stupid answers... and then they get angry that we who ask ( who have been called moron because we are not buyng into word games ... that are meaningless ) ...want a real honest answer , and corner them with honesty .

i on the other hand have seen the face of the void ... not read about it .

when i speak of god , i can point to exsamples , show how to see him clearly .. define what i mean when i use the word .

and i have been asked "not to return" to more than 5 church's .... very politly... but people do not go to church to have god throw in their face , they go to find fellowship and praise the lord .

these are questions of faith , your not suppost to be able to define god , he is suppost to be in your heart . we do not talk about god here in church , it just confuses people and makes for contraversy .. jesus is god , thats all you need to know ... read your bible , and maybe you should find a church that beleives like you do , we have our faith , maybe you should start your own church , you will not find Your god here ...

i know what christ felt like , christ was not welcome in church either.. he had to hang out with whores , theives and corprate lawyers ... and then the church paid 30 peice of silver to fraim him and kill him ... jesus was no fan of church's... i do not see why i should be either

i know what christ felt like , christ was not welcome in church either.. he had to hang out with whores , theives and corprate lawyers ... and then the church paid 30 peice of silver to fraim him and kill him ... jesus was no fan of church's... i do not see why i should be either

Christ was a drop out and the adepts still hold that against him. He preferred wine etc. over their strict conformist dogma. That is why he was great IMO.

I suspect ,religion ,or lack there of ,has little to do with where you end up after death ......

We will all end up the same; it just takes some longer than others.

At least following one of these faiths you'll never know if you got it wrong :P

Please dont say Poor Athesit, most are happy with death.... So wouldnt you be the Poor one that is having to suffer for the fear of God?

Edited by The Id3al Experience
  • Like 2

Death is the next big adventure.

• Like 3

R. Geis once said, I wouldn't mind dying. It's the business of having to stay dead that scares the $&!* out of me.

And I concur.

• Like 2

It's one thing to believe in God, it's another to know, love, and follow him. If you come to him, love him, and follow him, then that's a different story. Don't come to got out of fear, because if you do those three things, you won't fear him nearly as much as you love him. That's the entire point of life. :)

The only reason God says to fear him is because he's the only logical thing to fear. If you do what's right and follow him there's nothing logically to fear. He'll set things right in the end.

Now as to the remark to atheists, it's better to love them and speak to them about God's love, and then give the evidence for his existance. The rest is up to them. If they don't accept it just shake the dust from your feet and move on. There's no need to mock them.

Peace

You'll be in my prayers. :)

• Like 2

Not while you are unconscious. Your question is kind of like Buddhist koan... if a tree falls in the forest and nobody hears it, is there a sound?

Now as to the remark to atheists, it's better to love them and speak to them about God's love, and then give the evidence for his existance.

Yes, please, Evidence! The sceptics have been waiting for that forever and will continue to.

• Like 2

Our mind fears the unknown and belief does not always nullify the feeling of fear, but understanding our true nature will remove this fear because we then know we are not just a body that dies but what we really are is beyond this world and is as you say unfathomable with our little thought machine/mind. The answer is to look within through meditation to the source from which we come and so know that all is well. Here’s a quote from a Chinese sage he says it so much better than I could and also a short film about the same issue. All the best

“ How can I tell if the love of life is not a delusion? How can I tell whether a man who fears death is not like a man who has left home and dreads returning? Lady Li was the daughter of a border guard of Ai, when the Duke of Chin first took her, she wept until her dress was soaked with tears but once she was living in the Dukes palace, sharing his bed and eating delicious food she wondered why she had ever cried. How can I tell if the dead are not amazed they ever clung to life?

Those who dream of a great feast may weep the next morning. Those who dream of weeping may enjoy the hunt the next day. While they dream they do not know they are dreaming, they may even interpret their dreams while they are dreaming. Only after they awake do they know it was a dream. By and by there will be a great awakening, and then we will know that this is all a great dream. All the while the fools think they are awake, appearing to understand things calling this man ruler and this man herdsman! How stupid! You and Confucius are both dreaming and when I say you are dreaming I am dreaming too.

These words may sound like double talk, yet after 10,000 generations, we will meet a Great Sage who can explain all of this, or it may happen anytime now! Chaung Tzu from ‘The Inner Chapters’

• Like 1

The reality is we already know what happens when we die. Every night we fall asleep. When we wake, we are no longer the same person but a different person reborn in much but not entirely the same body. There is no link between the chain of consciousness when we went to bed and when we awoke.

We have an illusion of continuity, but it is not real. What generates the illusion is that our minds constantly store memories, and our future selves can access those memories.

• Like 1