Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Johnny Rotten scolds haters

OverSword

I really hate 99.99% of commercials and not happy about celebrities who sell out to corporations.

But I liked Johnny's commercial though. I thought it was entertaining. :blush:

John Cleese did an amusing TV commercial in the US, though I can't even remember the product he was selling.

I found it entertaining as well to be honest. Seen far worse. lol

Haven't seen that one, I'll search for it later.

What a character ay?

I remember seeing him on an episode of Judge Judy. He was pretty much teasing the plaintiff, the crowd and actually even Judge Judy laughed.

http://youtu.be/tSsPwERgYYM

If I wish to dance on Maggies grave then I will.

You have that right. If you do, don't complain if someone punches you in the face.

You have that right. If you do, don't complain if someone punches you in the face.

Persumably this is not a great concern since most of her diehard supporters are so old they might injure themselves in the mere attempt without even connecting. Anyways isn't that a lower class thing to do? Resort to violence.

• Like 1

:rofl:

Or stabbed or shot or run over or murdered

:passifier:

Nice One.Words achieve more than violence ever will.My opinion stands.

Edited by shaddow134
  • Like 1

:passifier:

Nice One.Words achieve more than violence ever will.My opinion stands.

:passifier: :passifier:

Persumably this is not a great concern since most of her diehard supporters are so old they might injure themselves in the mere attempt without even connecting. Anyways isn't that a lower class thing to do? Resort to violence.

violence is a tool most effectively employed by the upper class as they take over...err I mean spread democracy to other nations that aren't toeing the money line.
  • Like 2

Show some respect to her family at least.

Would that be the family consisting of an alcoholic father, a gun-running son who was arrested in South Africa during a failed coup, and a racist daughter who made every penny she could from her mother's name ...... entering every tacky gameshow that would have her?

• Like 1

Would that be the family consisting of an alcoholic father, a gun-running son who was arrested in South Africa during a failed coup, and a racist daughter who made every penny she could from her mother's name ...... entering every tacky gameshow that would have her?

Interesting that you would pick one aspect of the husband (alcoholism) as a reason for not showing respect....

It would be the children who have just lost their mother. Imagine if your mother died and you had to hear people celebrating, throwing parties and saying they'll 'dance on her grave'. How do you think you'd feel?

• Like 1

violence is a tool most effectively employed by the upper class as they take over...err I mean spread democracy to other nations that aren't toeing the money line.

Good point other than the upper class has already taken over but even when they employ violence it is as a tool and takes a martial or police action form. In other words they will employ the lower (than themselves) classes to do the dirty work for them without having to get their own polite hands or digits dirty.

The way violence was espoused in this thread, with fists, is another matter.

And presumably you have some evidence she celebrated miners' deaths? Or was even responsible for them? Didn't think so.

I've said it before and will again: If you were against Thatcher's policies, the time to celebrate was when she left government, not her death. Show some respect to her family at least.

Yes, with champagne.

It would be the children who have just lost their mother. Imagine if your mother died and you had to hear people celebrating, throwing parties and saying they'll 'dance on her grave'. How do you think you'd feel?

I take it that you have never seen Mommie Dearest?

The children if anything like us humans with a beating compassionate heart for those she has hurt will probably recall another movie.

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead!

Yes, with champagne.

Then, please, share.

I take it that you have never seen Mommie Dearest?

No, but if you're saying Thatcher abused her children, again, evidence please.

The children if anything like us humans with a beating compassionate heart for those she has hurt will probably recall another movie.

And forget all those she helped. One thing you can't deny: she had her ideas on what was right and stuck to them. More than can be said for any of the lefty cravens we've ever had in power. They just dither and waste time and everyone's money.

• Like 1

Then, please, share.

Ask the Mags, she was the one celebrating with it.

No, but if you're saying Thatcher abused her children, again, evidence please.

Not saying that at all just disagreeing with your, "It would be the children," comment. A better response to that might be that since she was a public figure, and a controversial one at that, that this is not just a family affair.

And forget all those she helped. One thing you can't deny: she had her ideas on what was right and stuck to them. More than can be said for any of the lefty cravens we've ever had in power. They just dither and waste time and everyone's money.

I agree with the first portion and woud have liked your whole post had you not included the latter. Good points anyways through and through except for this last bit.

Only terrorists would celebrate

A ridiculous statement.

• Like 1

Interesting that you would pick one aspect of the husband (alcoholism) as a reason for not showing respect....

It was the first thing that sprang to mind(what he is mainly remembered for?).

Also interesting to me is the fact that you mentioned my assessment of Dennis rather than that of the two living members of the family.

I imagine it's only what they would expect a section of the population to do. Their mother was hated by many people all through her political life.

But that is not the job of a Prime Minister!!!! Their job is to carry out the will of the people!

And she certainly didn't help those who needed help the most ...... and those people will never forget that.

Edited by ouija ouija

But that is not the job of a Prime Minister!!!! Their job is to carry out the will of the people!

And she certainly didn't help those who needed help the most ...... and those people will never forget that.

And yet the people kept voting her in after she carried out her ideas. Ergo, they probably were the will of the people.

• Like 1

The Falklands War: population of Falkland Islands = 2,841. Number of British personnel killed: 255. Estimated cost of war: £2.8 BILLION!

Thatcher, the friend and protector of General Pinochet ........ that well known butcher of Chilean citizens.

It was the first thing that sprang to mind(what he is mainly remembered for?).

Also interesting to me is the fact that you mentioned my assessment of Dennis rather than that of the two living members of the family.

I'm surprised you found that interesting, since their history is well documented, hence me not commentating......but then i'm not the one passing comment one way or another on another persons funeral.

And yet the people kept voting her in after she carried out her ideas. Ergo, they probably were the will of the people.

But that's not how it works is it? We have two 'parties' to choose from and they are as bad as each other. The promises that are made immediately before an election are rarely/never kept and yet the British public still think along the lines of it being their 'duty' to vote(although the number who do is decreasing every year). The MPs say whatever it takes to get them elected and then once in office they totally disregard the petitions and interests of the populace.

John Cleese did an amusing TV commercial in the US, though I can't even remember the product he was selling.

I hope it was better directed than his ads over here..his efforts over the past few years have been pathetic,wooden, and unfunny.I don't think Cleese is in demand much anymore...his ads show no signs of the brilliance he radiated in Fawlty Towers or Python.

I'm surprised you found that interesting, since their history is well documented, hence me not commentating......but then i'm not the one passing comment one way or another on another persons funeral.

Not sure what your point is.

But that's not how it works is it? We have two 'parties' to choose from and they are as bad as each other. The promises that are made immediately before an election are rarely/never kept and yet the British public still think along the lines of it being their 'duty' to vote(although the number who do is decreasing every year). The MPs say whatever it takes to get them elected and then once in office they totally disregard the petitions and interests of the populace.

Policies that the entire populace agree with isn't how it works either - so no matter how much you dislike the women you can't complain she wasn't doing what the will of the people wanted, you can only say she didn't do what you wanted.

• Like 1