Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Beaver Kills Man

Ashotep

SilverThong, ever seen any real Wolverines up around where you live?

Actually no I havn`t but would love to. I have seen a few badgers though. I live in a city of 1.3 million and can see beavers deer moose coyotes skunks the odd bear and havn`t seen one yet in the city but they do show up cougars, you met one earlier, her name is Michelle lol. I`m so dead.

poor guy and his friend that really sucks and sad.i think the beaver got scared and mad that's why.but nonetheless it still sad what happen to the guy and his friend.

• Like 1

poor guy and his friend that really sucks and sad.i think the beaver got scared and mad that's why.but nonetheless it still sad what happen to the guy and his friend.

True, but how many beavers are hunted, trapped, shot? A persons death is indeed unfortunate, but perhaps the beaver has learned, and rightly so, to be very fearful of man... Im not defending the beaver of course, but all life on the planet has a right to its own existence

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

I've heard of man eating beaver. But beaver eating man?

Sorry...

• Like 1

Just leave it to Beaver.

• Like 2

Hopefully the beavers don't try to emulate the Crab men. :tu:

• Like 2

About 1966 I was on the way back to my Grand parents place, in the back of my parents VW bug.

My dad saw this corpulent beaver beside the road and thought that he could drop a rock on it's skull and claim the prize (it's pelt) for his Mother-In-Law (it was Mother's Day).

About 45 minutes later my Dad showed up roadside, soaking wet, his pants in tatters and bleeding. He said later that he got $40 for the pelt, but that it was the hardest $40 he ever worked for.

He said that he feared for his life a couple of times. :)

• Like 1

About 1966 I was on the way back to my Grand parents place, in the back of my parents VW bug.

My dad saw this corpulent beaver beside the road and thought that he could drop a rock on it's skull and claim the prize (it's pelt) for his Mother-In-Law (it was Mother's Day).

About 45 minutes later my Dad showed up roadside, soaking wet, his pants in tatters and bleeding. He said later that he got $40 for the pelt, but that it was the hardest $40 he ever worked for.

I might be warped but that was so funny. Drop a rock on it`s head lol

Ok, so laying in bed sharing this 'news' with my hubby and he broke into laughter exclaiming he would love to be attacked and killed by my beaver..... Men!

• Like 3

That was a funny story. Some things just aren't worth the trouble.

I thought this was going to be a Pam Anderson, or Paris Hilton news story.....

• Like 1

If you want to see stupidity watch this on you tube. Attack of the 80lb Beaver - Crazy Beaver Action! - by Suburban Wildlife Control. :w00t:

• Like 1

I don't find this story funny at all. The unfortunate man wasn't intending to do the beaver any harm, he just wanted to have a picture taken. He was very unlucky in that the beaver's teeth severed an artery in his thigh. As for the story above about dropping a rock on a beaver's head to get its pelt - DISGUSTING!

Disgraceful.

I don't find this story funny at all. The unfortunate man wasn't intending to do the beaver any harm, he just wanted to have a picture taken. He was very unlucky in that the beaver's teeth severed an artery in his thigh. As for the story above about dropping a rock on a beaver's head to get its pelt - DISGUSTING!

It is not funny that he died. But.......

Everyone should know not to approach wild animals.

" you can not fix stupid "

I do not feel bad about making jokes when people die from stupidity.

• Like 1

It is not funny that he died. But.......

Everyone should know not to approach wild animals.

" you can not fix stupid "

I do not feel bad about making jokes when people die from stupidity.

It doesn't matter how or in what circumstances a person dies, stupid or otherwise, it is always a heart breaking event, (and in this case tragic as well), for their friends and family.

It doesn't matter how or in what circumstances a person dies, stupid or otherwise, it is always a heart breaking event, (and in this case tragic as well), for their friends and family.

Yes it is heart breaking....

But as said, if it is from stupidity on their part, it is also fair game for jokes.....

27 February 2012, North Carolina) "It was just a freak incident," said an investigator, that caused the death of 43-year-old Gary Allen Banning. Gary was at a friend's apartment when he spotted a salsa jar containing a mystery fluid. Thinking that it was an alcoholic beverage, he helped himself to a sizeable swig of gasoline! Naturally enough, he immediately spit out the offending liquid onto his clothes. Then, to recover from the shock, Gary lit a cigarette.

Whoosh! Gas+Flame=Combustion.

Firefighters responded to calls reporting a fire in the apartment, and found a badly burned man sitting on a charred carpet. The following morning, Gasoline Gary died at the UNC Burn Center in Chapel Hill.

Two mistakes caused his death. The first mistake was minor: gulping a golden liquid from a salsa jar. Although Darwin Awards editors feel that a jar of yellow liquid is best left sealed, drinking its contents usually does not lead to combustion. But the second mistake--lighting up a cigarette to recover from the shock of taking a mouthful of gasoline--was a decision that an average five year old would consider questionable. As the late Bill Hicks said, "Darn, we lost another idiot."

Gary's friend was a mechanic and kept the jar of gasoline near the kitchen sink to remove grease from his hands.

Reader comments: "That's some HOT salsa!"

"Gasoline and chlorine are both effective at cleansing the gene pool." -Quinton W.

"you can't fix stupid, but stupid eventually fixes itself." -Issac T.

"Dumb people should smoke more!" -Frank G.

"Great Balls Of Fire!" -Darren L.

"'Shine' is generally clear, so even by Carolina standards this is dumb." -Patrick T.

"The shrinking gene pool." -Nery M.

A ton more here, at the Darwin Awards site....

Smile, it makes you healthy.

The Darwin Awards: In Search Of Smart.

http://www.darwinawards.com/

Awe what the hell. One less idiot in the world, no big loss, leaves more room for the beavers.

I never thought a Beaver would kill you. Gotta watch those sharp teeth. Poor guy.

I've heard tales from locals about how dangerous beavers can be to men. It looks like the tales are true.

• Like 2

Awe what the hell. One less idiot in the world, no big loss, leaves more room for the beavers.

That is a sick and totally uncalled for comment about the loss of a human life evancj. Shame on you!

• Like 1

Yes it is heart breaking....

But as said, if it is from stupidity on their part, it is also fair game for jokes.....

27 February 2012, North Carolina) "It was just a freak incident," said an investigator, that caused the death of 43-year-old Gary Allen Banning. Gary was at a friend's apartment when he spotted a salsa jar containing a mystery fluid. Thinking that it was an alcoholic beverage, he helped himself to a sizeable swig of gasoline! Naturally enough, he immediately spit out the offending liquid onto his clothes. Then, to recover from the shock, Gary lit a cigarette.

Whoosh! Gas+Flame=Combustion.

Firefighters responded to calls reporting a fire in the apartment, and found a badly burned man sitting on a charred carpet. The following morning, Gasoline Gary died at the UNC Burn Center in Chapel Hill.

Two mistakes caused his death. The first mistake was minor: gulping a golden liquid from a salsa jar. Although Darwin Awards editors feel that a jar of yellow liquid is best left sealed, drinking its contents usually does not lead to combustion. But the second mistake--lighting up a cigarette to recover from the shock of taking a mouthful of gasoline--was a decision that an average five year old would consider questionable. As the late Bill Hicks said, "Darn, we lost another idiot."

Gary's friend was a mechanic and kept the jar of gasoline near the kitchen sink to remove grease from his hands.

Reader comments: "That's some HOT salsa!"

"Gasoline and chlorine are both effective at cleansing the gene pool." -Quinton W.

"you can't fix stupid, but stupid eventually fixes itself." -Issac T.

"Dumb people should smoke more!" -Frank G.

"Great Balls Of Fire!" -Darren L.

"'Shine' is generally clear, so even by Carolina standards this is dumb." -Patrick T.

"The shrinking gene pool." -Nery M.

A ton more here, at the Darwin Awards site....

Smile, it makes you healthy.

The Darwin Awards: In Search Of Smart.

http://www.darwinawards.com/

It is my personal opinion that a human death is NEVER fair game for a joke. Every human death means there is a grieving family, relatives and friends. The silly and unnecessary so called 'Darwin Awards' that you use to justify your indifference and contempt for deaths such as the one in question here are deplorable in the extreme. We are all capable of making stupid mistakes. If this had been a member of your family circle would you have thought it so funny? And would you have been pleased to know that it had been given a 'Darwin Award'? I think not.

• Like 1