Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man murdered at internet cafe while gamers

Ashotep

They need to be jailed.

Why? No law says you have to risk your life helping someone else. Now would i get involved? It would depend on a lot of factors and since i was not there I cannot say.

Because wishing death on people, on strangers, is all about compassion.

In the situation I am talking about, yes. We are destroying everything, including ourselves. Our population is out of control. Same thing happens with any species being over-populated.

I wish it for future generations to have a decent life.

• Like 1

I can understand people being terrified, or in shock, or not wanting to get hurt so they don't jump on the guy with the knife, but I will never understand how they can just sit there and keep playing.

Get up.. scream at the guy to stop, call 911, even run. It's hard to know what you'd do when faced with that kind of situation. If your response is "Please murder the guy quietly please, I'm about to beat my top score!" you need psychological help.

• Like 3

In the situation I am talking about, yes. We are destroying everything, including ourselves. Our population is out of control. Same thing happens with any species being over-populated.

One moment you're criticising these people's lack of compassion, only to go and wish for a large population of people to die. Am I the only one who can see a problem with this logic?

If we are destroying everything, your wish will come true.

I wish it for future generations to have a decent life.

I thought you would've wanted them dead too. Edited by Rlyeh

One moment you're criticising these people's lack of compassion, only to go and wish for a large population of people to die. Am I the only one who can see a problem with this logic?

If we are destroying everything, your wish will come true.

I thought you would've wanted them dead too.

Compassion :

Definition of COMPASSION

: sympathetic consciousness of others' distress together with a desire to alleviate it

Yes, I have a ton of compassion.........

Get it now?

Yes, I have a ton of compassion.........

Get it now?

We've all got our delusions.

You've got about as much compassion as the people you're criticising. The difference being their method of alleviation doesn't involve killing half the damn population.

Edited by Rlyeh

Sickening. I love gaming as much as the next person but some people take them way, way too seriously. Sadly it seems to happen a lot in Asian countries.

Of course wishing for a plague to kill millions of people isn't going to solve anything. It's likely the selfish b******* that would survive.

• Like 2

We've all got our delusions.

You've got about as much compassion as the people you're criticising. The difference being their method of alleviation doesn't involve killing half the damn population.

In nature, if Elk are overpopulated do to no natural predators, they get disease, starvation, etc. ( they would, we hunt them with quotas to stop this ). This goes for every species of animal and insect, and plants, in the World.

Humans are the exception.

The reason I feel the way I do, is we see the same thing, and we see us killing off our resources left and right. It really is pretty easy to look into the future, and see a pretty bad one for our kids, grandkids, and their grandchildren, at the rate we have been going.

I would gladly give my life, knowing they will have a better world to live in, or a world at all to live in.

I think we are over populated, and rising. The only thing that can help is a reduction in our population.

If thinking this way, to save future generations is sick to you, so be it.

To me it is :

sympathetic consciousness of others' distress together with a desire to alleviate it .

If I had no compassion to our next generations, and even us, I would not care, and I would call people like me crazy. Because I would only be thinking of myself, and present day.

To me, that is selfish.

Also, I am not saying we need a man made plague, I am saying a natural thing, could be a meteor for all I care.

Of course wishing for a plague to kill millions of people isn't going to solve anything. It's likely the selfish b******* that would survive.

You are probably correct...... :tu:

When your real close to lkeveling up and grinding away ypou really lose focus of whats going on around you I guess.

I would gladly give my life, knowing they will have a better world to live in, or a world at all to live in.

I think we are over populated, and rising. The only thing that can help is a reduction in our population.

If thinking this way, to save future generations is sick to you, so be it.

And shortsighted, death is such a simple "solution".

But if you really think this fixes the problem how often would the human population need to be culled?

Also, I am not saying we need a man made plague, I am saying a natural thing, could be a meteor for all I care.

What difference does it make? The result is the same. Edited by Rlyeh

And shortsighted, death is such a simple "solution".

But if you really think this fixes the problem how often would the human population need to be culled?

What difference does it make? The result is the same.

How often?.....Can not answer that. Can say, look around you now, famine, economy, eco-system, garbage, etc,etc,etc,

The result may be the same, but if Man did it, that would be murder. If it were a act of nature, it would be a " Act of God ".......Big difference.

Anyway, this is off topic here....I am strong with this opinion, and it will not change. I would not be happy that people were dying or died, that is always a sad thing. I would find comfort in knowing there just might be a future for our next generations to start over, and learn from our mistakes.

Anyway, this is off topic here....I am strong with this opinion, and it will not change. I would not be happy that people were dying or died, that is always a sad thing. I would find comfort in knowing there just might be a future for our next generations to start over, and learn from our mistakes.

We are in such a crossroads right now its ridiculous. I agree with the people dying is horrible but if we want a future for our children we need to get serious. Whats the way to accomplish this. We have enough nuclear to glasstop this entire globe. That should be a big enough warning that we need more responsibility in the world.

How often?.....Can not answer that. Can say, look around you now, famine, economy, eco-system, garbage, etc,etc,etc,

The result may be the same, but if Man did it, that would be murder. If it were a act of nature, it would be a " Act of God ".......Big difference.

I don't think a mass die off is going to solve those problems, in fact it might make some worse.

Besides the finger pointing you still get your wish.

Learn what exactly? This sounds more of a quick fix than a long term viable solution, but whatever helps you sleep at night. Edited by Rlyeh

I don't think a mass die off is going to solve those problems, in fact it might make some worse.

Learn what exactly? This sounds more of a quick fix than a long term viable solution, but whatever helps you sleep at night.

Sakari wants us all to go back to the dark ages...no electricity, no plumbing, no infrastructure, no medicine, etc...We should start from scratch with survival of the fittest.

Learn what exactly? This sounds more of a quick fix than a long term viable solution, but whatever helps you sleep at night.

Learn how not to be selfish and greedy. Not to abuse our resources. Learn from everything we have been doing wrong.

I can give a butt load of things if you would like...

Barter, not " buy "

Share, not " own "

Respect...

Team work...

Equality.....

Health.....

Edited by Sakari

Sakari wants us all to go back to the dark ages...no electricity, no plumbing, no infrastructure, no medicine, etc...We should start from scratch with survival of the fittest.

Not at all Michelle.......Not even close really.

Edited by Sakari

You can't exactly dictate who would survive any plague you think should devour the majority of the world's population. It could turn out like the Mad Max movies. I don't find your supposed reasoning logical in any way, shape or form. Speaking of terrorists, it's a very twisted view and would make you highly suspect if I believed there was any backbone behind it. Besides "wishing for a plague" I don't know of anything you do, in the many posts that I have read, to help the environment in which your children and grandchildren are going to grown up in.

I tend to avoid most of your posts because I so avidly disagree with you on most points it becomes irritating and that is not what I come here for.

Edited by Michelle

Your best option in that scenarios is " I do not want to get stabbed, or cut, I might have to get stitches, let the guy die "......" I am not risking a injury to save someones life " ......

Sorry man, that is how I read it.

Some people have it, some do not.

Everyone seeing someone getting attacked should have the urge, and the willingness to help. Even if it means getting a stab wound, to save another persons life.

If someone looks at a situation like this, and starts questioning the possibilities, they are already selfish.......It should be a knee jerk reaction to help, not a thought out process.

I am quite sure a lot of people on the planes in 9/11 were thinking the same thing as you....At least on one plane, a few people had balls enough to do something, be it a little to late to save them, but they did it.

The people on flight 93 knew what the intention of the hijackers was. They knew that they were going to die and that their plane was probably going to be used to kill even more innocent people. The passengers on the 1st two planes had no idea what was going to happen. They were told there was a bomb on the plane and, up until that point, most hijackings ended without planes being flown into buildings. Had they known, I'm sure they would've done something similar.

But you are right, some people have it and some people don't. I might not have jumped between the two and taken a stab wound, but I would have done something, like Hilander said, I would've at least thrown a chair, or computer, a shoe...anything. But I don't see somebody not helping as them being selfish.

Edited by ChewiesArmy
  • Like 1

You can't exactly dictate who would survive any plague you think should devour the majority of the world's population. It could turn out like the Mad Max movies. I don't find your supposed reasoning logical in any way, shape or form. Speaking of terrorists, it's a very twisted view and would make you highly suspect if I believed there was any backbone behind it. Besides "wishing for a plague" I don't know of anything you do, in the many posts that I have read, to help the environment in which your children and grandchildren are going to grown up in.

Who knows....maybe he can! I better start "liking" all his posts.

I'm no hero but a hot cup of coffee in the face of the attacker then a chair broken over his head would have probably done the trick.

I agree with other posters that helping others in danger should not be a thought process but an obvious immediate reaction.

As in the past, I will aid others, I just hope if I ever need some help from strangers it will be there.

Realistically, probably not, but I feel better believing people are basically good and would want to help.

• Like 3

I tend to avoid most of your posts because I so avidly disagree with you on most points it becomes irritating and that is not what I come here for.

You are right, who knows what any survivors would end up doing, if any at all.

The reason I say " we need a plague " is I feel we are so out of control, there is no other option to avoid ruining any chance of long term, stable, healthy, and enjoyable future for our offspring. ( and a lot of other life on this planet )They deserve to have that, and I do not see it from everything that is happening, at an alarming, increasing rate.

No, I could not dictate who survives, and who does not. In a way, you were correct, " we " as people need to " start over ". A lesson needs to be handed out, a " wake up call ". People are in such a fantasy land anymore, and ignore what we are doing, to each other, to the environment, and to our future.

As for not agreeing with most of my posts, that is what happens in discussions. If everyone agreed all the time, it would be a wonderful world wouldn't it? :)

I disagree with that though, not sure if you have seen how many " likes " I have given you. As a matter of fact, I did not reply to many things you posted in, I liked them, and did not reply as you stated exactly how I felt.

As a " terrorist ", sorry, not my style to kill innocent people, or anyone for that matter. I can not even kill animals or bugs anymore.

Now, if being a martyr for a revolution were a possibility, maybe, if I new there were enough people backing it up. ( martyr as in being arrested )

The people on flight 93 knew what the intention of the hijackers was. They knew that they were going to die and that their plane was probably going to be used to kill even more innocent people. The passengers on the 1st two planes had no idea what was going to happen. They were told there was a bomb on the plane and, up until that point, most hijackings ended without planes being flown into buildings. Had they known, I'm sure they would've done something similar.

But you are right, some people have it and some people don't. I might not have jumped between the two and taken a stab wound, but I would have done something, like Hilander said, I would've at least thrown a chair, or computer, a shoe...anything. But I don't see somebody not helping as them being selfish.

I understand the situation. I just do not get how 4 to 6 people with box cutters can get away with that. I mean, I do understand, but do not see 50 people I know not jumping them, bomb or not.

Who knows....maybe he can! I better start "liking" all his posts.

No, I can not, and if had the ability, would not.

Edited by Sakari

I'm no hero but a hot cup of coffee in the face of the attacker then a chair broken over his head would have probably done the trick.

I agree with other posters that helping others in danger should not be a thought process but an obvious immediate reaction.

As in the past, I will aid others, I just hope if I ever need some help from strangers it will be there.

Realistically, probably not, but I feel better believing people are basically good and would want to help.

:nw::nw::nw::clap::clap::tsu::tsu:

• Like 2

I think I see where Sakari is coming from but I just think it is due to media overload. Selfish people have been with us since our ancestors its only now that short videos and facebook and worldstar can broadcast stuff which is usually of a negative nature in a matter of seconds that we can truly see how far we have sunk with respect to our fellow man. I was at that point a few years ago with respect to the youngsters now that they want everything handed to them but after working in a university, I have to disagree, to a point. While there are those that snap their fingers to get your attention and demand things be done for them, there were also many students that were respectful and helped others in need (not to the point of being at knife point but just general stuff). There's equal amounts of those that are there to help and those that will snap a picture of you laying in pain, dying or worse try to rob you in that condition...

Guest Nathan DiYorio

In situations like this topic, and most stiuations, you do not need to be trained in anatomy, and hand to hand combat......Are you a Ninja?

2 or more people could easily help out, with no training, and turn the one on one into a 3 or 4 on 1, now on the attacker....No brains needed to help a brother or sister out.

I didn't say anybody needed to be trained in those things, I said it would help to know a little bit.

Learn the difference.