Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
pallidin

Tiny sip of beer enough to trigger

10 posts in this topic

"The taste of beer, without its alcoholic effects, may be enough to trigger the release of the pleasure chemical dopamine in the brain, a study finds."

http://bodyodd.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/15/17764514-tiny-sip-of-beer-enough-to-trigger-dopamine-release?lite

1 person likes this

From my own personal experience, I'm more inclined to say that the taste of beer gives me no pleasure.

The pleasure ensues shortly after beer 7 or 8 after the alcoholic effects come out to play.

Different strokes for different folks.

I loathe both the taste and smell of beer, however beer battered fish and beer marinated steak actually taste great (of course the cooking process changes the taste and smell, so...

"The taste of beer, without its alcoholic effects, may be enough to trigger the release of the pleasure chemical dopamine in the brain, a study finds."

http://bodyodd.nbcne...ne-release?lite

Hope this study didn't cost too much but I doubt it. Obviously dopamine is released whether the individual enjoyed the taste or not. Simply jumping up and down can produce dopamine or opening your eyes.

1 person likes this

I like waving my arms up and down after washing my hands; it dries my hands sterile, pushes blood into them, and gives me a dopamine lift.

I wonder if alcohol-free beer has the same effect.

With my liver as it is, I'm not permitted any alcohol whatsoever, probably not a bad idea for everyone since even though it has small benefits to the heart it is now known that even a little alcohol is carcinogenic.

Regardless, I love the taste of beer, especially when I'm hot and sweaty after some hard work. The alcohol-free stuff though works for me, but I have to watch the sugar. Most of the time a glass of iced tea is almost (but not quite) as good.

Posted (edited)

Ever given non-alcaholic wine/liquer/beer to a person and told them that it was alcaholic... funniest thing ever.

Natural DMT triggering a drunk like state because you are expecting to be drunk... well that's my thought on the subject to say the least.

Edited by chopmo

I like sipping scotch instead of beer

I love the taste of beer and am somthing of an ale buff, in the saem way a wine conniseour will chase after wines.

I never drink to get drunk, but to enjoy the flavour, I tend to favour dark sweet beers in cold weather and light, hoppy/bitter beers in hot weather.

Hey, how come I never hear about this kind of research until it's all over? s9391.gif

1 person likes this