Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 4
Babe Ruth

Is Uncle Sam a terrorist?

35 posts in this topic

I am NOT saying the US deliberately sends bombs or drones over civilian populations.

Good, because I'm not disagreeing with anything else you've written.

1 person likes this

Does the US go out of their way to target civilians and only civilians? That's the difference between these two cases, though both are of course tragic.

I am sure that is comfort for the many thousands of Pakistanis who are too afraid to go outside of their houses, despite not being involved in terrorist activities. I am sure the hundreds of children and women who died or are missing limbs are pleased to know they weren't deliberately targeted.

Either way, they are deserving of our love and sympathy just as much, if not more so than the Boston victims. I mean the Boston victims were hit by some loony, the Pakistanis were hit by the biggest military power in the world. Who should be held to higher account?

3 people like this

I am NOT saying the US deliberately sends bombs or drones over civilian populations. But, the fact of the matter is, along with the terrorists that are killed, there are also women and children who are killed. But they are just deemed "collateral damage". Did you see the links I provided? Both featured photos of people holding up pictures of some of the children killed by these drone strikes. But, they're just "collateral damage" right?

http://www.policymic...ds-of-civilians

http://rt.com/news/p...ims-drones-695/

This isn't right. Most of these people probably had no idea that an extremist group was even around them, I'm sure.

And everytime a drone strike kills innocent women and children along with the terrorists, it just makes MORE people angry and mad at the US. How would YOU feel if some of your family was killed by a drone strike all because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time? And people just say, "Well, that's war..." "Just collateral damage, at least we got the terrorists"

Would that not make you angry? Many in Pakistan probably just want all this to be over. I can't imagine the fear the probably have to live with. The US is CREATING more and more future terrorists by continuing these drone strikes. And then they will end up bombing a few of our people, and then we will go and bomb a few of theirs...A vicious violent cycle.

[media=]

[/media]

I question how innocent these so call innocent people are. If they are housing, feeding, arming, and/or socializing with terrorist then it really makes it hard to call them innocent. I will admit it is possible that they may not know the person they just rented a room out to or offered a meal to or something along those lines is a terrorist, but when you been housing high up members of Al Qaeda for weeks or months I have a hard time believing they are truly innocent, just because you ain't actively shooting at US soldiers or blowing up bombs doesn't mean you aren't a part of the enemy.

Second we are fighting against an opponent we haven't fought against before. Unlike past opponents who generally kept military units away from the civilian population, had militaries made up of almost exclusively adult males, and cared about the lives of their civilians, we are instead fighting an enemy that purposefully mixes its military units with the civilian population to use as cover, who also uses males, females, children, adults and the elderly to carry out their attacks, and who does not care about their own lives or the lives of their people but only about their ideology. We can't fight this enemy like the enemies of the past .

The only reason they use children, women, the elderly and mix in with the civilian population is that they know that we are reluctant to attack when we may harm innocent civilians and that if they can get enough pictures out of children, women and the elderly killed from US attacks that the US will eventually leave. The biggest problem we have in this war on terror is that we refuse to identify the enemy correctly and refuse to take the steps necessary to win the war quickly. The true enemy is not Al Qaeda or any other terrorist organization but instead a radical form of Islam and the steps needed to defeat this ideology is brutal. This ideology does not care about killing its members or innocents or anyone as long as it expands and controls, it will use any weakness from its opponents it can against them, and the only thing it seems to be capable of understanding is nothing but complete and utter power.

I question how innocent these so call innocent people are. If they are housing, feeding, arming, and/or socializing with terrorist then it really makes it hard to call them innocent. I will admit it is possible that they may not know the person they just rented a room out to or offered a meal to or something along those lines is a terrorist, but when you been housing high up members of Al Qaeda for weeks or months I have a hard time believing they are truly innocent, just because you ain't actively shooting at US soldiers or blowing up bombs doesn't mean you aren't a part of the enemy.

Second we are fighting against an opponent we haven't fought against before. Unlike past opponents who generally kept military units away from the civilian population, had militaries made up of almost exclusively adult males, and cared about the lives of their civilians, we are instead fighting an enemy that purposefully mixes its military units with the civilian population to use as cover, who also uses males, females, children, adults and the elderly to carry out their attacks, and who does not care about their own lives or the lives of their people but only about their ideology. We can't fight this enemy like the enemies of the past .

The only reason they use children, women, the elderly and mix in with the civilian population is that they know that we are reluctant to attack when we may harm innocent civilians and that if they can get enough pictures out of children, women and the elderly killed from US attacks that the US will eventually leave. The biggest problem we have in this war on terror is that we refuse to identify the enemy correctly and refuse to take the steps necessary to win the war quickly. The true enemy is not Al Qaeda or any other terrorist organization but instead a radical form of Islam and the steps needed to defeat this ideology is brutal. This ideology does not care about killing its members or innocents or anyone as long as it expands and controls, it will use any weakness from its opponents it can against them, and the only thing it seems to be capable of understanding is nothing but complete and utter power.

How are you so certain that these citizens are housing terrorists? How do you think terrorizing a countries youth will reduce the number of terrorists and 'win the war"?

Are you crazy? Has 9/11 changed you forever? Imagine having a 9/11 attack every day and you will know the mindset of a Pakistani citizen.

4 people like this

I always thought it was INNOCENT until proven guilty, and to find a person guilty, it takes evidence, where is Your evidence that PROVES the INNOCENT people, women and children killed was doing as You stated ?

Some of those people killed may be doing as You stated BUT I highly doubt all of them was, even if they was it still does not make it OK to kill and maim INNOCENT children

IF ANY other country was doing that then they would be tried for war crimes

post-132279-0-05682700-1366232440_thumb.

"In October (2012), the US launched an airstrike in Afghanistan that killed three children – ages 8, 10, and 12 -while they were gathering firewood (or by some accounts, dung to burn as fuel). NATO issued its usual dismissive statement, admitting it may have “accidentally killed three innocent Afghan civilians.”

Taken from this link

http://antiwar.com/b...n-is-fair-game/

Do You really think this type of thing is OK ?

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

A child is innocent no matter what. I would go out of my way to protect any child from any one.

Edited by Coffey
5 people like this

This reminds me of when the US Cavalry was fighting the Indian Wars.

During the Indian Wars, the Cavalry was faced with a foe that they had never faced before: guerrilla warfare. They could never really catch the Indian war parties that were doing all the killing and raping, so what did they do? The cavalry would massacre an Indian village full of women, children, and old people.

Sheridan called this "total war" strategy. In his words: to make "all segments of Indian society experience the horrors of war as fully as the warriors".

Incidents such as the Washita Massacre, to name one, only served to inflame the Indians even more.

Same tactic. Different people. Same government...

3 people like this

A child is innocent no matter what. I would go out of my way to protect any child from any one.

Well, even if the PARENTS are terrorists, should an innocent child pay for the crimes, of the parents?? :no:

3 people like this

Well, even if the PARENTS are terrorists, should an innocent child pay for the crimes, of the parents?? :no:

Exactly. No child should suffer.

2 people like this

I think this bombing was clearly an act of terrorism whoever did it. The nature of this investigation "there are no suspects so our options are wide open" is troubling. It's plausible though unlikely a false flag attack could have been used to "get into all the records". Though I am not a conspiracy theorist and reject nearly all conspiracy theories. I find this possibility unlikely.

This could also be an act of domestic terrorism on tax day to make a political statement about taxes. How high are state/local taxes in Massachusetts/Boston I wonder...

I'm the opposite. That is, I see it as a bit refreshing that they did not have a suspect. Of course I am a CT, at least by the standards of most people, so it seems to me that because they DO NOT have a suspect, there is a fair chance this is not a staged event.

2 people like this