Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Too-Saggy Pants Banned in Louisiana

Keel M.

I thought this happened a while back, but apparently not. I've seen just as many white boys with saggy pants as any other race so the racial profiling issue is moot. But I suppose even if it was only one race wearing pants in this manner, it's racial profiling to point out the obvious?

Pants on the ground? Better pull ’em up fast if you’re in Louisiana’s Terrebonne Parish, where a new law bans the low-slung, undies-exposing jeans look popularized by hip-hop culture.

The ban, approved Wednesday and expected to be signed into law this week, targets the public wearing of pants—and, oddly, skirts—that hang “below the waist” and “expose the skin or undergarments.” Violators will be slapped with fines: $50 for the first offense, $100 for the second, and $100 plus 16 hours of public service for each subsequent offense.

Full story

Edited by Kasey2601
  • Like 4

about time too .... body shapes were all bent out since the fad began ...

• Like 2

Thank God. That so tired of seeing young man with there drawers showing in public. Having to walk the way they do is dumb as hell. Walking and holding your pants up. Buy and damn belt and pants the fit you.

• Like 5

I always thought it was strange that particular 'fad' caught on... Not only does it require the wearer to keep one hand free to keep their 'britches' from totally falling down, and also acts to restict their freedom of movement, (not to mention it looks really stupid)... but especially owing to the 'fads' origins...

• Like 4

Yes lets control how people wear their cloths too...

• Like 6

The funniest thing about this "style" of wearing ones pants is it started in the prison system and meant one was ready to be "taken" lmao.How anyone ever started thinking it was cool is beyond my comprehension :lol:

• Like 8

HAHA good!

I used to live in Terrebonne Parish and I can tell you pretty much all boys wore their pants around their knees where I lived, regardless of their race.

I always thought it was strange that particular 'fad' caught on... Not only does it require the wearer to keep one hand free to keep their 'britches' from totally falling down, and also acts to restict their freedom of movement, (not to mention it looks really stupid)... but especially owing to the 'fads' origins...

You and me both. Just goes to show you people will do whatever is popular or a "fad" and not even think about what it means...

I get so tired of seeing boys running around with baggy pants that are so low you can see their underwear. Buy a BELT! Jeez.

• Like 2

I think people look stupid and moronic when they do it.

BUT banning it is a bit much. It's another step in the wrong direction really.

The funniest thing about this "style" of wearing ones pants is it started in the prison system and meant one was ready to be "taken" lmao.How anyone ever started thinking it was cool is beyond my comprehension :lol:

That's actually true as well. lol

There was a good picture going around about it.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 5

Problem is ... they are not 'wearing' anything are they .... ?

its not what they wearing its how they are not wearing ... sort of purposeful wardrobe malfunction ....

it's not allowed that at beauty pageants or public events ... why should it be allowed on public streets ?

Cops will have no trouble enforcing it because if an offender tries to run he'll end up flat on his face.

Personally I don't like that look or even get it, but its just another example of government over reaching into our daily lives. Now they are telling us what we can and cannot wear or how we have to where it.

Those involved with this law could better serve their community worrying about more pressing issues that seriously affect the citizens of their juristiction. And I know Louisiana well, and they definitly have important issues to deal with.

• Like 5

Walking around with one's underwear exposed is pretty indecent. I have to wonder, is there a similar law in place for bra exposure?

• Like 1

Yes lets control how people wear their cloths too...

You're right. We should also remove the ban on public nudity too. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Because that is definitely an even comparision to saggy pants...

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

I was once in the position to view a nude beach in Italy... I then decided that people that go to nude beaches - should mostly be forbidden by law from doing so... My goodness, I've never seen so much ugly, flabby, wrinkled, sunburned (or grossly over tanned) flesh in my life (well... at least without looking in a mirror)...

• Like 5

It's a ridiculous look in my opinion, not sure they know how stupid they look dressed like that.. but a ban is a bit extreme.

I wonder how they would feel about me in my edible tiger design thong..

• Like 1

I was once in the position to view a nude beach in Italy... I then decided that people that go to nude beaches - should mostly be forbidden by law from doing so... My goodness, I've never seen so much ugly, flabby, wrinkled, sunburned (or grossly over tanned) flesh in my life (well... at least without looking in a mirror)...

At fifteen, I saw my first naked woman at a nudist beach on the central coast in California. :) Maybe California girls look better than Italian girls?

She was in her early to mid twenties and was a perfect blonde with a perfect figure. (The shades matched the carpet.) She walked past me and she knew she had my attention. I watched her slowly walk by me and straight into the ocean for a swim. So my experience was much different than yours. :D

Because that is definitely an even comparision to saggy pants...

So making us wear clothes at all is different from making us wear them in a certain way?

Clothing is a form of expression and that should not be banned. Personal freedom and all that. Oh the other hand it is massively stupid looking and would love to see it finally die out...

• Like 2

I think people look stupid and moronic when they do it.

BUT banning it is a bit much. It's another step in the wrong direction really.

That's actually true as well. lol

There was a good picture going around about it.

Agreed, I think it's ridiculous as a fashion statement (but I'm an old coot :) but banning is over the top. The only place I would invoke that serious a restriction is in a courtroom. Some judges will nail you for wearing trashy clothes - saying it's disrespectful.
  • Like 1

It's a disgrace that this is even a law.

Don't get me wrong, I laugh and point at anyone wearing their pants this way, it looks ridiculous. Especially the dude I saw the other day, he wears a belt, but tightens it below his butt cheeks....LOL Hilarious!

However, as long as they are fully clothed, I don't see where any law can really apply to any sort of decency. This does smack of racial profiling.

What's next, banning fat girls from wearing leggings?

• Like 2

Agreed, I think it's ridiculous as a fashion statement (but I'm an old coot :) but banning is over the top. The only place I would invoke that serious a restriction is in a courtroom. Some judges will nail you for wearing trashy clothes - saying it's disrespectful.

Or at most places of employment...........or my house....my house, my rules....

I don't blame judges for that, after all if you are in court for wrong doing and you don't even make an effort to look half good it's like saying you don't care. Just like turning up to a funeral in jeans and t shirt. Unless it's a theme funeral the deceased asked for of course.