Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All 6 Gun Control Amendments No Go

CRYSiiSx2

Not sure where you got 1.1 million from. 156,577,260 over 15 years = just over 10 million a year.

millions of gun licences every year.

Sorry, but I don't know what you're trying to say with this post. Yes, I said millions apply for a license every year. The data backs this up (10 million a year) so where did you get 1.1 million from?

• Like 1

God, don't you just love how people in other countries tell us what to do about our gun laws?

Maybe, they should worry about their OWN crime rates. Gun deaths may have gone down, but what about burglary, murder, rape, and car jackings? Check out the statistics for THAT. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...

• Like 3

So a modification of these could allow those in the country to keep their guns as part of their way of life but would keep them away from more populated areas and hopefully prevent mass shootings.

It is a nice thought. but it is unenforceable. Criminals will not follow the law and will get what they need. And it again leaves disarmed citizens.

I don't understand why so many people are against the ban on assault weapons. They're specifically designed to kill and wound as much as possible in the shortest possible time and aren't really useful for anything else.

a lot of law enforcement across this nation have upgraded over the past 30+ years to military grade weapons due to criminals outgunning them. Here in S. Oregon we have had more then a couple of illegal grows set up on rural federal and state lands by cartels where they were armed with illegal assault rifles. Citizens have a right to protect themselves from that sort of threat as well.

Sorry, but I don't know what you're trying to say with this post. Yes, I said millions apply for a license every year. The data backs this up (10 million a year) so where did you get 1.1 million from?

You said "millions per year" So I looked at the highest "per year" stat and that was 1.1 million

God, don't you just love how people in other countries tell us what to do about our gun laws?

Not particularly...

edit: I see what you are saying. Those background checks do not result in licensees though. I was looking at NFA regulated firearms processed

Edited by Dan'O
  • Like 1

Obama's intelligent enough to know that no-one will vote to ban guns outright. You need baby steps first.

That is the biggest part of this. Even though many are against some assault weapons and for background checks, we have all seen how the far left works. Baby steps. Even a baby can walk a mile given the time to do so.

• Like 3

No offense, but all you englishmen who think you know what's best for America would be told the same thing that weasel Piers Morgan has been hearing had you ever come here spouting nonsense and made up "facts"....

GO HOME

Edited by CRYSiiSx2
  • Like 2

That is the biggest part of this. Even though many are against some assault weapons and for background checks, we have all seen how the far left works. Baby steps. Even a baby can walk a mile given the time to do so.

Yep. But some people refuse to see it.

• Like 1

America was, is and always will be a much more violent place then Europe. Firearms are very much a part of our history and existence. If there was a solution I would say that the progressives could wall off their big cities and check everything that comes in or out. Let big brother snuggle them in at night.

• Like 1

America was, is and always will be a much more violent place then Europe. Firearms are very much a part of our history and existence. If there was a solution I would say that the progressives could wall off their big cities and check everything that comes in or out. Let big brother snuggle them in at night.

History would disagree, but in modern times, I'll agree. We're more violent.

• Like 1

You are right CRYS. Much more rough and tumble place though. And I suppose if they can deal with violence and mental instability better this country could be a better place. They have had to release inmates early around here because of lack of funds. Across the nation really. Keeping them locked up would help. It is controversial but sterilizing 3 strike violent offenders and incurable insane people would help. Economy and jobs would help. You know there are a lot of things that would help without taking law abiding citizens rights away....

• Like 2

History would disagree, but in modern times, I'll agree. We're more violent.

I just have to jump in on this violence thing. Violent crimes and the crime rate in general is at the lowest it has been in decades.

What is diffrent now is that we have a TV that shows whenever someone gets shot.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 5

You said "millions per year" So I looked at the highest "per year" stat and that was 1.1 million

edit: I see what you are saying. Those background checks do not result in licensees though. I was looking at NFA regulated firearms processed

Ah, I see. Couldn't find the data for that. I was talking about the number applied for. I'm glad it's only 1 in 10 gets approved but that's still a scary number of guns every year.

No offense, but all you englishmen who think you know what's best for America would be told the same thing that weasel Piers Morgan has been hearing had you ever come here spouting nonsense and made up "facts"....

GO HOME

Being told to go home by an American. Oh the irony...

Ah, I see. Couldn't find the data for that. I was talking about the number applied for. I'm glad it's only 1 in 10 gets approved but that's still a scary number of guns every year.

I live in a rural area. I have lived in the country ALL my life, and I was brought up around guns. From an early age my father taught me and my sisters respect for guns. Here where I live, pretty much EVERYONE owns firearms. We have, maybe, two burglaries a year in my area. 98% of the time, when a burglary happens, the criminals are chased of by a law abiding gun owner. We have VERY little crime in my area where I live.

If I didn't have firearms in my house, how would I protect myself and my family? The cops would take 30 to 45 minutes to get to where I am. A lot of times, I am home alone with my two year old. What do I do if a burglar or someone wanted to kill me and my son and rob us? Call the cops and pray they get here in time? What world do YOU live in?

Me and my family will not be made victims just because a few anti-gun idiots are scared of guns.

Being told to go home by an American. Oh the irony...

Same reason why we are America now, we'll fight for our rights instead of bending over and asking how far.

• Like 2

When you're told how to live and have almost every aspect of your life controlled for you, and can't do a damn thing about it, you assume everyone else should too.

I should put this in my sig, too.

"KNEEL! Is not this simpler? Is this not your natural state? It’s the unspoken truth of humanity that you crave subjugation. The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life’s joy in a mad scramble for power. For identity. You were made to be ruled. In the end, you will always kneel."

• Like 2

"KNEEL! Is not this simpler? Is this not your natural state? It’s the unspoken truth of humanity that you crave subjugation. The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life’s joy in a mad scramble for power. For identity. You were made to be ruled. In the end, you will always kneel."

" but not to men like you"

"There are no men like me"

" There are always men like you "

-The avengers lol :tsu:

• Like 1

I think a lot of gun violence prevention comes down to the way poverty is dealt with. I live in Canada, where we currently stand at 30.8 guns per 100 people. Almost 1 in 3. Yet our homicide rate by guns is only 0.51 per 100,000 people. It is absolutely possible to have a large concentration of firearms in a first world-nation.

So what makes us so different than Americans, considering we share a border and have many other similarities? I believe it's our social assistance structure. The more you take care of your poor, the less poor you have. The less poor you have, the less crime you have. I remember growing up we rarely, if ever, locked our front door when leaving the house. True story. Never had a single robbery. We didn't live in the wealthiest part of town, more like a lower-middle class. Sure we have homeless and lower-income families here but coupled with our health-care system and "safety net", the numbers are manageable.

If you keep your standard of living high, crime diminishes. It's so simple and yet so complex at the same time - if no one is hungry, no one needs to steal to eat.

Here's a link showing gun deaths vs. gun ownership (scroll down to see the chart). Note how much higher the US gun deaths are compared to the next few countries, all of which have a relatively high gun ownership, most of which have a relatively high standard of living.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/07/28/guns-ownership-around-the-world-graphic/

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 3

" but not to men like you"

"There are no men like me"

" There are always men like you "

-The avengers lol :tsu:

"You know, the last time I was in Germany, and saw a man standing above everyone else, we ended up disagreeing."

• Like 1

I live in a rural area. I have lived in the country ALL my life, and I was brought up around guns. From an early age my father taught me and my sisters respect for guns. Here where I live, pretty much EVERYONE owns firearms. We have, maybe, two burglaries a year in my area. 98% of the time, when a burglary happens, the criminals are chased of by a law abiding gun owner. We have VERY little crime in my area where I live.

If I didn't have firearms in my house, how would I protect myself and my family? The cops would take 30 to 45 minutes to get to where I am. A lot of times, I am home alone with my two year old. What do I do if a burglar or someone wanted to kill me and my son and rob us? Call the cops and pray they get here in time? What world do YOU live in?

Me and my family will not be made victims just because a few anti-gun idiots are scared of guns.

What world do I live in? One without guns where people, surprisingly, don't get murdered in their beds every other day. It's a nice place but you might find it a bit unfamiliar at first. It's called reality.

Same reason why we are America now, we'll fight for our rights instead of bending over and asking how far.

Oh of course. Like the right to wipe out people in your way. I love how many people here are in a huff about 'foreigners imposing their values on your country' when that's exactly what your precious country seems to enjoy doing most.

I'll say one thing for this thread. You find out where the stereotypes come from. Apparently they are real people.

Good sense loses to single-interest fanatical voters. This is because the majority take such an issue as only one factor in their voting, so politicians listen to the single-interest voters more. One of the main weaknesses of democracy and makes American democracy really just an illusion.

• Like 1

Oh of course. Like the right to wipe out people in your way. I love how many people here are in a huff about 'foreigners imposing their values on your country' when that's exactly what your precious country seems to enjoy doing most.

I'll say one thing for this thread. You find out where the stereotypes come from. Apparently they are real people.

Hey everyone look, another sheep who thinks whatever the media must say is true. Do you really think us, the people, are choosing to go into other countries like we do for the reasons we do? Do most of us despise our government? In the words of George Bush from Harold and Kumar: Escape from Guantanamo Bay, "you don't have to believe in your government to be a good American, you just have to believe in your country".

Think for yourself for once in a while. Fox News isn't going to help you find out the facts.

• Like 1

Hey everyone look, another sheep who thinks whatever the media must say is true. Do you really think us, the people, are choosing to go into other countries like we do for the reasons we do? Do most of us despise our government?

Obviously you don't despise your government otherwise they wouldn't be the government (called democracy).

In the words of George Bush from Harold and Kumar: Escape from Guantanamo Bay, "you don't have to believe in your government to be a good American, you just have to believe in your country".

Think for yourself for once in a while. Fox News isn't going to help you find out the facts.

Just as well I've never watched Fox News. And if you bothered to read my posts, you'd see they cite actual data. Which is more than you've done.

Finally, how are those native americans doing? Given that a right to live according to your traditions is so important to all of you. Oops forgot it doesn't apply to other people.