Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Muslims vs McDonalds deal reached

tapirmusic

A judge has approved a long-awaited $700,000 settlement between a McDonalds and people who say they ate chicken sandwiches, that should have been prepared as HALAL: the Muslim equivalent of Kosher.

Ahmed Ahmed, the Dearborn Heights man who represents plaintiffs in the class-action suit, claims he bought a chicken sandwich in September 2011 at the restaurant but found it wasn’t prepared according to Islamic law.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/04/17/deal-approved-in-muslims-suit-against-mcdonalds/

What do you think?

If it was advertised to be HALAL and wasn't prepared in that manner, then yes, they have every right to their reward. However, as it is my guess, there was no advertisement in such manner, therefore I feel it's stupid. There are plenty of restaurants for Jews to go to for their kosher food and none of them are moaning about how McDonald's isn't serving kosher foods, so what makes these people so special?

• Like 3

What do i think? I think that whoever made that judgement should be forced to attend a halal-type slaughter! Barbaric, just like the medieval religion that demands it!

• Like 3

If you plan on eating McDonald's, you can't expect anything good to come from it in the first place.

so what makes these people so special?

INFIDEL!!!

What do i think? I think that whoever made that judgement should be forced to attend a halal-type slaughter! Barbaric, just like the medieval religion that demands it!

Are you Pat Condell in real life by chance?
  • Like 1

If it's any consolation, none of it was real chicken anyways...

• Like 2

I think halal and kosher ritual slaughter should both be illegal. It’s not needed it only makes the animals suffer pointlessly.

• Like 2

Are you Pat Condell in real life by chance?

Not quite, but my Weltanschauung runs pretty much parallel to his. I just wish I had his command of language.

• Like 1

I think halal and kosher ritual slaughter should both be illegal. It’s not needed it only makes the animals suffer pointlessly.

Have you seen a normal slaughter process? There is not much difference. lol

• Like 2

I have seen normal slaughter, the chicken is decapitated and dead instantly. A cow had a bolt driven into it's skull and it killed nearly as quick.

To have a meal that is halal means that the animal must bleed to death from a slit in the throat. It takes much longer and causes needless pain to the creature. I am all for eating meat, and hunting, etc. But if you can cause the least amount of torment to the creature then do it. don't let it suffer, it wont make the creature taste any different.

~Thanato

• Like 3

I agree the destination is pretty much the same, but I would venture to suggest that the journeys are quite different! If, in fact, both procedures are similar, why then do Muslims make such a fuss about it? Is it perhaps just another attempt to reinforce their self-appointed 'victim' status?

• Like 1

I agree the destination is pretty much the same, but I would venture to suggest that the journeys are quite different! If, in fact, both procedures are similar, why then do Muslims make such a fuss about it? Is it perhaps just another attempt to reinforce their self-appointed 'victim' status?

Both ways suffer. There is no covering up with ethical killing. The fact is they both suffer and not for a necessary reason.

I do agree with the victim thing, most religions like to play the victim card. Some Muslims and Jews are the worst for it though.

I have seen normal slaughter, the chicken is decapitated and dead instantly. A cow had a bolt driven into it's skull and it killed nearly as quick.

To have a meal that is halal means that the animal must bleed to death from a slit in the throat. It takes much longer and causes needless pain to the creature. I am all for eating meat, and hunting, etc. But if you can cause the least amount of torment to the creature then do it. don't let it suffer, it wont make the creature taste any different.

~Thanato

I have seen both and the bolt does not work all the time, the cows often suffer, especially in the run up to the bolt as well, they go through a horrible system.

The chickens are not always decapitated, some slaughter houses jsut slit the throat and it does not always work, often the chickens get put into boiling water ALIVE for feather removel. I ahve seen it happen with my own eyes and ther eis countless videos showing it.

I agree with you last part, sadly our slaughter industry does not work like that most of the time. Especially with industrial farming.

Edited by Coffey

Both ways suffer. There is no covering up with ethical killing. The fact is they both suffer and not for a necessary reason.

I do agree with the victim thing, most religions like to play the victim card. Some Muslims and Jews are the worst for it though.

I have seen both and the bolt does not work all the time, the cows often suffer, especially in the run up to the bolt as well, they go through a horrible system.

The chickens are not always decapitated, some slaughter houses jsut slit the throat and it does not always work, often the chickens get put into boiling water ALIVE for feather removel. I ahve seen it happen with my own eyes and ther eis countless videos showing it.

I agree with you last part, sadly our slaughter industry does not work like that most of the time. Especially with industrial farming.

Thats why, when I can afford it I'm going to be getting my own meat from Local farms and harvesting it from the forests. Also I plan on raising my own chickens and rabbits for meat. I trust this stuff more.

• Like 1

Thats why, when I can afford it I'm going to be getting my own meat from Local farms and harvesting it from the forests. Also I plan on raising my own chickens and rabbits for meat. I trust this stuff more.

Best way if you want to eat meat. The animals get care and good food then provide you with good natural meat.

I'm personally vegan. I don't badger people to stop eating meat it's their choice. I do however think the whole meat industry needs sorting out. It's horrible mess and is more like some sort of torture/sacrifice thing. On top of that, they pump the animals with horrible chemicals. So horrible.

My reasons for not eating meat are more to do with the torture and chemicals.