Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
The Great Freak

Hauntings and possessions

5 posts in this topic

I recently watched a movie ''Devil Inside'' wich was based on some facts of possession. Abnormal movment, changing language and so on ,are some things a possessed person has. Now I want to know about names of demons. I dont know if the Bible mentions that but how does a demon get his name? And if there is a possession by multiple demons, how do they decide how leads? Any known proof of possession? Why do people find a possessed person crazy,does the Church have something to do with it? The Bible states that Jesus was an exorcist. Did Jesus ''cure'' people from possession?

Wow. Lotsa questions. Just do a site search for demonic possession and you'll hit a lot of threads with a lot of discussions with a lot of opinions.

2 people like this

I recently watched a movie ''Devil Inside'' wich was based on some facts of possession. Abnormal movment, changing language and so on ,are some things a possessed person has. Now I want to know about names of demons. I dont know if the Bible mentions that but how does a demon get his name? And if there is a possession by multiple demons, how do they decide how leads? Any known proof of possession? Why do people find a possessed person crazy,does the Church have something to do with it? The Bible states that Jesus was an exorcist. Did Jesus ''cure'' people from possession?

Demon names are actually not as important as Hollywood claims. One spirit can be called by many names.

Most possessions are just one entity .

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The way I've come to understand it, possession is not possible. Not in the way The Exorcist would suggest anyway. That's not to say that there aren't cases whereby possession seems to be happening. Demons, as you might expect, are very tormenting spirits and can without question push somebody to the brink of, or beyond, sanity. Exorcisms tend to work, not because the Demon is being driven out of a body, but because they're being driven out of the energy force around the property in question.

Names aren't really important, well not at all. I've never once needed to know the name of a single one and manage to do my "job".

Edited by Heaven Is A Halfpipe

All I know is what I've seen on TV or read on the internet about possessions. However I have seen a ghost so maybe possession is possible. Don't know of anyone that has been.