Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

10 largest insects in the world

Q-C

Can you imagine having one of those bugs buzzing your head.

Giant Burrowing Cockroach. Why are these b******* always in Australia. Isn't enough we have some of the worlds most poisonous snakes, spiders and jellyfish (not to mention koalas, kangaroos and wombats) but these ******* as well.

Yeah if you cant tell I hate cockroaches.

• Like 3

i like that on the same page there's a link entitled '5 health benefits of beards'

shame the link doesn't work though, it would've made for an interesting read!

(although i wouldnt've thought 'catching soup dribbles' was much of a health benefit.....)

:-)

http://www.mnn.com/e...-world/big-bugs

Butterfly with 1-foot wingspan? Wow

I 'liked' this one:

Tarantula hawk

These enormous wasps are so large and ferocious that they are capable of hunting and feeding on tarantulas.

Their legs have hooks on the ends which they use to latch onto their victims, and their stinger (which can be as long as a third of an inch) is rated as among the most painful in the world.

Luckily, they are mostly docile unless harassed, but this is one mean bug you wouldn't want to encounter!

That walking stick bug is creepy. Wouldn't want it crawling on me. :no:

I enjoyed the pictures, but would never want to meet the tarantula wasp or that nasty looking giant cockroach. :no:

I 'liked' this one:

Tarantula hawk

These enormous wasps are so large and ferocious that they are capable of hunting and feeding on tarantulas.

Their legs have hooks on the ends which they use to latch onto their victims, and their stinger (which can be as long as a third of an inch) is rated as among the most painful in the world.

Luckily, they are mostly docile unless harassed, but this is one mean bug you wouldn't want to encounter!

I live an area where they populate, I have seen many, they are freaky as ****. Especially when they buzz by ya.