Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Indonesia "Pyramid" built by 2,000 people

Abramelin

Indonesia "Pyramid" built by 2,000 people

Mount Padang, the largest Megalithic site in Southeast Asia, has been renowned since the 16th century. It has even been mapped out by the National Archeological Research Center.

It faded away for awhile due to lack of attention. Only recently, Indonesia was surprised upon the findings of the Archeological Catastrophic Team that the site buried a 4,700 BC high-tech, man-made structure.

Dr Didit Oentowirjo, one of the members of Archeological Catastrophic Team, has also tried to calculate the amount of stones and people needed to construct the structure. His assumption was based on the geoelectric and georadar data. Didit also estimated the time it took to build the pyramid.

Here’s his calculation. Didit assumed that the staged structure holds 5 levels with the dimension of 50 m (length) x 100 m (width) x 10 m (height). If each dakon stone (similarly pitmarked stones from the bronze-iron age period of Indonesia) has the dimension of 0.3 x 0.3 x 1.5 m, then “it would need 3,703,703 dakon stones,” the Team told VIVAnews, today, Feb 21 (2012).

Roughly 2,000 people were participated in the construction. “Every 2 persons would transport one dakon stone from the stone masons to the peak. It would take 4 hours for the efforts, with the assumption that they worked for 8 hours a day. “Each day there would be 2,000 stones transported.”

The weight of one stone would be around 300 kg. It is estimated that during that period, the “pyramid” builders would have already used the pulley technology to reduce the weight of stone for each person from 150 kg to 75 kg.

More here:

http://archaeologynewsnetwork.blogspot.nl/2012/02/indonesia-pyramid-built-by-2000-people.html#.UXPWbkq674Y

• Like 5

2013 survey

(...)

The results of radiometric analysis of the content of the carbon element in some samples of cement in drill core from the depth of 5-15 meters which was conducted in 2012 at the prestigious Laboratory, BETALAB, Miami, USA in the mid-2012 shows its age with a range between 13,000 and 23,000 years ago. Previously, the results of carbon dating which carried out in the BATAN laboratory, the dominant quartz sand that fills the voids between the columns of andesite at the depth of 8-10 meters below the terrace of five also showed the same age range is about 13,000 years ago.

http://en.wikipedia....Megalithic_Site

http://setkab.go.id/...of-ancient.html

:o

Hello Stephen Oppenheimer? Hello Sundaland??

Sundaland_rivers_IceAge.gif

Sundaland_migration_pattern.jpg

http://www.unexplain...65#entry4697080

Indonesia_GunungPadang_zps4808a33d.jpg

Edited by Abramelin

Sure a few died in the process too.

• Like 2

I think the Sphinx is older than is accepted too.

• Like 2

I think the Sphinx is older than is accepted too.

People may argue that, however it's determined age, is generally considered accurate, due to much supporting evidence opposed to those theories suggesting a much older age, supported with little substantiated evidence.

As it were...

• Like 2

Abe, i have read that the geology of that particular area is such that the volcanic rock formation in the area has a tendency to break into columns.

it is ofcourse a megalithic site, but not the "older than the Pyramids of Egypt" kind of tags. Thats pure sensationalism.

Somethings that are fishy about the whole stuff is

The wikipedia page is written by an amateur.

The "Independent" Research "Integrated" Mount Padang Team didn't publish their findings in any journal so far. But, they publicise about it on TV and newspapers.

No peer review at all.

The links in the footnotes of the wikipedia page has a link to an article on "The Jakarta Post" stating Beta Analytic had analyzed the samples taken from "mount padang" and found them to be around 14,000 years old

A recent analysis of carbon-dating by the Miami-based Beta Analytic Lab has apparently validated findings by a government-sanctioned team that a man-made structure, buried under Mount Padang in Cianjur, West Java, is older than the Giza pyramid. Carbon-dating test results from the Miami lab show that the structure could date back to 14,000 BC or beyond.

From the wikipedia page,

Structure beyond Mount Padang structure is older than the upper stucture, but it has more advance technology. In depth of 1-4.5 meters by Beta Analytic Radiocarbon Dating (BETA) the older (below) structure is built in 4,500 BC, wether the upper structure in 500 BC. In 4.5 meter depth there are stones with specie which consist of 45 percent of ferrum, 15 percent of clay and the rest is silica. And even the surveyor found a 10 centimeter steel fraction.[7]
Source

Where is this report from Beta Analytic??

Why hasn't the "Independent" Research "Integrated" Mount Padang Team put this radiocarbon test report to public? (by the way, i did emailed Beta Analytic to inquire whether they had in real done any such radiocarbon testing. I havent got any reply so far)

Why hasn't the reports,white papers, reports, not been submitted for peer review or even be published in archaeological journals?

But the good thing is that the 'archaeology news Network article has carefully skirted the issue of the dating of the pyramid.

• Like 2

I already suspected something like that Spartan, but I hoped someone else could find these papers and reports.

When did you send that email?

i had sent the email almost 3 weeks as of now.

No news from them.

i had sent the email almost 3 weeks as of now.

No news from them.

I have searched on their site for a while, but I could find nothing about any radiocarbon dating of the structure on Mount Padang:

http://www.radiocarbon.com/

http://www.radiocarb...s/asia-pacific/

http://www.radiocarb...le-of-contents/

Either the paper never existed, or it is being revised, or it has been removed.

Or I am not searching well enough.

Edited by Abramelin

People at ATS got something on this. You'll have to search there, though. It wasn't long ago, so you'll find the thread, I'm sure.

Seems a fraud. The "researchers" seem to treat the natural andesite columns as if they had been shaped.

Harte

People at ATS got something on this. You'll have to search there, though. It wasn't long ago, so you'll find the thread, I'm sure.

Seems a fraud. The "researchers" seem to treat the natural andesite columns as if they had been shaped.

Harte

It must be this thread:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread880575/pg1

But aside from many pics and videos, I see no official scientific research papers, and several came up with the same questions.

Page 3

reply posted on 15-9-2012 @ 12:21 AM by coredrill

Kantzveldt, the fact that the Integrated team didn't publish their findings in a journal and in the very 1st moment get publicity in some TV channel leads one to wonder that is this proper archaeology or what?

They seek publicity.

They don't seek peer review.

Let the subject be reviewed by other archaeologists and even excavated on field by others to confirm the integrated team's findings./ then we should believe. not just some silly tv channel show.

Page 4

reply posted on 7-4-2013 @ 12:19 PM by coredrill

The wiki on "Mount Padang" lack so much.

It has been edited by someone who is not an archaeologist, or someone who edited the page just for the publicity for the site.

This is not technical writing. Particularly, not by an archaeologist, if it was ever written by one. Archaeologists are fanatic about precise, technical reports.

There is a link to a article on "The Jakarta Post" stating Beta Analytic had analyzed the samples taken from "mount padang" and found them to be around 14,000 years old.

Once again, a wiki article with so many typos and ugly technical writing. Yuck!!!

Where is this report from Beta Analytic??

Why hasn't the "Independent" Research "Integrated" Mount Padang Team put this radiocarbon test report to public? (by the way, i have emailed Beta Analytic to inquire whether they had in real done any such radiocarbon testing. I hope we get a reply)

Why hasn't the reports,white papers, reports, not been submitted for peer review or even be published in archaeological journals?

One question - Where was the sample that was "tested by Beta Analytic" taken?

Abe, the ATS User "coredrill" is me :innocent:

• Like 2

There has been no scripts yet found there.11.jpg

Maybe they used sign language??

;)

• 1 month later...

Harte

And you are sure about that because...

And you are sure about that because...

What does the phrase "seem to be.." imply, in your estimation?

Harte

I've seen this archeological site here on UM in the past. I think it was about 6 months ago.

http://www.unexplain...s.php?id=237262

I seriously believe this is just a hill that they terraced, so it appears to be built of stone. But, I do believe there might be a tomb under there.

Edited by DieChecker