Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Peculiar experiences during meditation

Dien

Aside from neural discharges, there are a few things I've noticed that I'd like to ask if anyone has experienced before:

1. I notice that after some time during meditation, mainly during the neural discharge phase, I catch glimpses of random images. It could be anywhere from seeing a person's face, to seeing a group of people sitting around drinking coffee at a table. Mostly, they are completely unrelated to my daily life. And I notice I usually catch these images when a thought appears in my head. When I meditate, I go for the "no thought" route, basically trying to get rid of every trace of ego that could interrupt my meditation.

2. I notice as I get deeper into meditation, I start feeling goosebumps that envelope my whole body. With every inhale my whole body gets filled with goosebumps, originating from the spine and later enveloping outwards towards my arms, legs, and head. And with each exhale, it stops, and after a while it sometimes feel like I'm "deflating" from all of the goosebumps that I've been accumulating, and my body feels more relaxed. Thoughts about love, compassion, oneness, universal consciousness, nirvana, freedom from suffering, liberation and the likes greatly intensify these goosebumps. I know in Buddhism they explain this as reaching one of the first Jhanas in meditation. This is different from my experience with astral projection's vibratory stage, as with that the vibrations come unexpectedly and are much more intense, and I feel like I could rise out of my body after the vibrations cease, but perhaps I might be mistaken.

3. This is the main one I'd like to know if anyone has noticed. Sometimes during the neural discharge phase I notice a rotating "line" similar to a submarine radar screen that envelopes my whole vision, except this line runs across my perceived vision instead of a line rotating around a center point. This "line" rotates either clockwise or counterclockwise, and it seems like I can influence it's direction by thought, or make it stop completely. Also at times I can see two lines rotating opposite directions. I have read somewhere that this is my 3rd eye chakra rotating. I try to examine my thoughts during these times, and the best way I can describe it is when I notice when I am "yin", or in a "receiving state" it rotates counterclockwise and when I am "yang", or in a state where my thoughts are being put out it rotates clockwise. Also, I can see this "line" when my eyes are open as well if I focus my intent on it. It brings me to question how we really see physical reality.

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this before? I would not like to believe I am the only one.

• Like 1

Aside from neural discharges, there are a few things I've noticed that I'd like to ask if anyone has experienced before:

1. I notice that after some time during meditation, mainly during the neural discharge phase, I catch glimpses of random images. It could be anywhere from seeing a person's face, to seeing a group of people sitting around drinking coffee at a table. Mostly, they are completely unrelated to my daily life. And I notice I usually catch these images when a thought appears in my head. When I meditate, I go for the "no thought" route, basically trying to get rid of every trace of ego that could interrupt my meditation.

2. I notice as I get deeper into meditation, I start feeling goosebumps that envelope my whole body. With every inhale my whole body gets filled with goosebumps, originating from the spine and later enveloping outwards towards my arms, legs, and head. And with each exhale, it stops, and after a while it sometimes feel like I'm "deflating" from all of the goosebumps that I've been accumulating, and my body feels more relaxed. Thoughts about love, compassion, oneness, universal consciousness, nirvana, freedom from suffering, liberation and the likes greatly intensify these goosebumps. I know in Buddhism they explain this as reaching one of the first Jhanas in meditation. This is different from my experience with astral projection's vibratory stage, as with that the vibrations come unexpectedly and are much more intense, and I feel like I could rise out of my body after the vibrations cease, but perhaps I might be mistaken.

3. This is the main one I'd like to know if anyone has noticed. Sometimes during the neural discharge phase I notice a rotating "line" similar to a submarine radar screen that envelopes my whole vision, except this line runs across my perceived vision instead of a line rotating around a center point. This "line" rotates either clockwise or counterclockwise, and it seems like I can influence it's direction by thought, or make it stop completely. Also at times I can see two lines rotating opposite directions. I have read somewhere that this is my 3rd eye chakra rotating. I try to examine my thoughts during these times, and the best way I can describe it is when I notice when I am "yin", or in a "receiving state" it rotates counterclockwise and when I am "yang", or in a state where my thoughts are being put out it rotates clockwise. Also, I can see this "line" when my eyes are open as well if I focus my intent on it. It brings me to question how we really see physical reality.

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this before? I would not like to believe I am the only one.

You are not :)

Your first experience is Theta images. They do seem to be quit random. I have never been able to gleem any meaning out of them.

Number 2 is a fun stage aswell. Depending on the focus of the meditation you can do some very interesting things here.

I have created a meditation avenue and now taught it to a couple of people with good success to bring up endorphins to counter depression tendancys. It's not that hard. It's as simple as bringing up those goose bumps and that stage of conciousness and maintaining the feeling of euphoria. Like one might feel on an opiate. At first it's an imagination technique but as your conciousness slips further into the meditation the feeling intensifies. Then I couple that with a strong passion flower tea ( a natural tea that prevents a little bit of the enzyme that processs serotonin) a handful of endamami ( soy beans) or pumpkin seeds, vitamin c, and vitamin b supplements, and good exercise. It's turned into a powerful cure for depression. It just takes a little more work than popping a pill.

I never have "seen" the two lines but a long time ago God spoke to me about two lines, I was shown this in thought but not in visibility, which may not make sense but it is the best way for me to discribe it. I was shown the two lines as control handles to allieviate a hectic life, or multiple random thoughts, it is similar to an etchisketch is one way I can describe it. This notion does come to me frequently in meditation... I have "seen" other more complex "lines" as in actual visibility however that rose up, white lines against blackness, starting out as a simple shape and then growing rapidly outward from the center into an extremely large, complicated and unrepresentable by any earthly diagram I have seen before, geometric shape. It was after this I understood the buddhist art "lotus flowers" and the notion of sacred geometry..

I find it interesting that you can control the lines... I think this is the key part of your meditation. I think it speaks to your ability to focus narrowly on something basic which has a turning effect on something large...

• 2 weeks later...

Well the radar basically means you are scanning or searching for something & also that you have a feminine & a masculine side. The image of the head means you're not alone. The people drinking means there are spiritual beings around you that share a liquid food with each other.

Humans are like stone giants compared to the spiritual beings. Our thoughts & actions may seem fast to us but they take an eternity to happen from some beings' point of view. Those beings are able to manipulate our thoughts & actions without us being aware; & so they can take all the time they need to create a complex symbolic dream or vision which appears to happen instantly, randomly, & without meaning to us.

You're on the right track. Making the mind clear allows the beings to telepathically communicate with you. It was when I started meditating at night that breakthroughs were made, because the beings are more active at night.

Trying to leave my body brought the beings to my side instantly. It worked again last night.

Once you make contact you need to forget everything you've read & just observe & learn, & instead of speaking to the beings in words try instead to speak in symbols or pictures that represent what you want to say. Like if you want to say, "post on the computer", you create an image of a letter or postbox beside a computer. Images speak a thousand words so you'll find things a lot easier if you learn to speak to the beings in images. That will also help you understand the symbolic or abstract images they send to you. Once you get to know them they will manifest physically, after putting you through tests first to see if you can handle the truth.

Good luck & best wishes