Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ted Nugent: Bombing suspect should be hanged

Euphorbia

Rock musician and conservative political pundit Ted Nugent wants Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to receive an old-school punishment with a long New England history: a public hanging.

http://www.washingto...-hanged-public/

Not really sure what to think of this.......even if he is convicted and given the death penalty.

Thoughts anyone?

I think Ted's a bit confused here. We went from the 20th century to the 21st century, not backwards to the 19th century.

That said, I wonder what the punishment would be in certain other countries for a bombing like that? I suspect Mr. Tsarnaev would not have his head in place for very long.

• Like 5

i'm more of a 'feed them through a bacon-slicer feet-first' kinda guy myself.....

:-)

wasn't it ted nugent who sang 'my love is like a tyre-iron' and 'the flying lip-lock'? or am I getting him mixed up with some other 80's jesus look-a-like??

I like Ted's music and his stance on 2nd ammendment rights. Other than that, I take everything else he says with a grain of salt.

• Like 2

We'll all gather in the town square and sing, "Rock of Ages" right before we hang him, too. You know we should still hang people, because it's cheap and you can use the rope over and over!! LOL!

• Like 1

because it's cheap and you can use the rope over and over!! LOL!

But that's not very sanitary is it? :tu:

Actually, this is one I'll kind of agree with, not necessarily for this particular instance.

I think if we are to have executions, there's two reasons to do so:

1) We determined that the individual cannot live among a general population, so they must be removed.

2) It's a deterrent to our most heinous crimes.

The first point, is obvious, and the second point is debatable. I personally think the second points' effectiveness is diminished, and mostly because when we execute someone, it's a private affair and painless. If we as a society do decide to execute an individual, I personally think making it accessible to the public and violent would show what's in store for those who do commit those type of crimes. I'm not advocating torture, or making a gory mess for show.

I'm saying, if people were hung in the public eye, reality sets in for the admirers when they see their "hero's" feet twitching back and forth as he's hanging from a gallows. But, I'm old school though, I wish we still had corporal (sp?) punishment. Public lashing and being put in the stocks for an afternoon would humiliate enough that I don't think we would have as many petty crimes.

• Like 1

I'm not a big fan of flag waving draft dodging Ted Nugent, now that it suits his purpose, but I wouldn't be against this man being executed instead of keeping him locked up for the rest of his life.

EDIT: I'm all for the second amendment but I think Ted uses it as a means to get in the news.

Edited by Hilander
  • Like 2

Why must we hear Ted's opinions on everything? But let's consider what his said for a moment . . . . . . ok, that's long enough.

If the suspect even survives, he's not going anywhere. God only knows what the CIA and FBI will do to him. Hanging might be more pleasant.

• Like 1