Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
seeder

Ancient Europeans vanished 4,500 years ago

4 posts in this topic

OK the title is from the link given...and its the kind of thing that will excite the AA crowd who beleive aliens came and modified mans DNA...

quote:

Ancient Europeans mysteriously vanished 4,500 years ago

"The genetic lineage of Europe mysteriously transformed about 4,500 years ago", new research suggests.

The findings, detailed Tuesday in the journal Nature Communications, were drawn from several skeletons unearthed in central Europe that were up to 7,500 years old.

"What is intriguing is that the genetic markers of this first pan-European culture, which was clearly very successful, were then suddenly replaced around 4,500 years ago, and we don't know why," study co-author Alan Cooper of the University of Adelaide Australian Center for Ancient DNA said in a statement. "Something major happened, and the hunt is now on to find out what that was."

http://science.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/23/17879975-ancient-europeans-mysteriously-vanished-4500-years-ago?lite

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

So... were these the "Beaker Culture" people - or I suppose I should say, were the Beaker People part of this population?...

EDIT: Never mind... I finally was able to read the article...

Edited by Taun
1 person likes this

I saw this earlier this morning. The article disappointed me in that it didn't talk about language families and what connections there might be.

1 person likes this

OK the title is from the link given...and its the kind of thing that will excite the AA crowd who beleive aliens came and modified mans DNA...

quote:

Ancient Europeans mysteriously vanished 4,500 years ago

"The genetic lineage of Europe mysteriously transformed about 4,500 years ago", new research suggests.

The findings, detailed Tuesday in the journal Nature Communications, were drawn from several skeletons unearthed in central Europe that were up to 7,500 years old.

"What is intriguing is that the genetic markers of this first pan-European culture, which was clearly very successful, were then suddenly replaced around 4,500 years ago, and we don't know why," study co-author Alan Cooper of the University of Adelaide Australian Center for Ancient DNA said in a statement. "Something major happened, and the hunt is now on to find out what that was."

http://science.nbcne...-years-ago?lite

Modern European mitochondrial DNA Haplogroups -

1. H, U, X, T, U, V, W - These lineages became your Eastern Europeans, North-Eastern Europeans and Nordics.

2. I, J K - These are Southern, South-Eastern and Central European lineages.

The article you 're linking to is wrong and the resent develops dont support what its claiming. What was discovered is that 40% of modern European people belong to Haplogroup H. If you have blue, green or grey eyes you have a 60% chance of belonging to it.

1 person likes this