Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The have and have-not

Commander CMG

• One receipt says customer has 'insufficient funds' to withdraw $100
  • Other is a $300 withdrawal on account with a balance of more than $1million
  • They were both found outside branch of Chase bank

With a population of more than 8million people there are clearly going to be inequalities in New York's living standards.

However, as illustrated by these two receipts found outside a bank in the Big Apple, the differences in quality of life for New Yorkers are more stark than any other city in the U.S.

arrow3.gifView: Read more

The receipts show nothing, was watching a programme about a guy in Australia who is living on an island after losing millions over night on the stock market....he now has nothing but his g.string and island of paradise and is happier than ever.

My point is, the bigger the funds the greater the loss....but saying that, i would not complain if i had a balance like that and it was all mine.

• Like 1

I missed that program. Was it the guy who lived with his dog and the Aussie Gov were trying to reclaim the island back from him?

I read a story like that last year?

I bet there are receipts like that around most large city banks, mine and some guy that drops his next to it with a shed full of money in his account.

• Like 1

yes, thats the one. i envy him, would love to live on an island like that....and he had internet!

• Like 1

yes, thats the one. i envy him, would love to live on an island like that....and he had internet!

Please PM me the name of the show, I will try to get hold of it. I read the story, last year with interest. I agree what a lovely live, I always fancied an island off the West Coast of Scotland, I guess I will end up in a more easy setting on the Isle of Mull, rather than my own little island. :tu:

• Like 1

Ben Fogle, new lives in the wild.

Its new on channel 5.

• Like 1

i know some guys look for recipts with big ballances in banks trash cans by atms. not to steal money or identity, they write their phone numbers on them, that they give to girls, and when a girl sees 1mil or so ballance, more often than not she calls back, and guy gets laid, but it doesn't work as good as before, since the secret is out.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

i know some guys look for recipts with big ballances in banks trash cans by atms. not to steal money or identity, they write their phone numbers on them, that they give to girls, and when a girl sees 1mil or so ballance, more often than not she calls back, and guy gets laid, but it doesn't work as good as before, since the secret is out.

This is just about the silliest way I have heard someone tried to get laid. It only works with dumb girls who don't know about Photoshop yet.

I dont really understand the point of this thread. People have diffrent amounts of money of course. Are you advocating communism?

• Like 2

I dont really understand the point of this thread. People have diffrent amounts of money of course. Are you advocating communism?

Absolutely not.. I am just posting a news story, isn't that what forums are about? I personally don't see the point of many topics and therefore don't comment or avoid them, you have the same choices.. :tu:

• Like 1

It is now. :tu:

Never heard of this before, maybe because some slimey sleezeball has never handed me a receipt with his phone number on it.

• Like 1

That doesn't say much at all about income equality or inequality. There are millions of millionaires and whoever withdrew that could be anyone from anywhere who's funds are in any bank and same with the little receipt. I remember plenty and plenty of times especially when I was ten years younger that I'd of had the same denial at the ATM. Also, that million dollar receipt could've simply been a withdrawal from a small business and a million in the bank is cool for a business but that doesn't remotely mean that the business owner is a millionaire though he likely does ok. It's a silly non-story.

Never heard of this before, maybe because some slimey sleezeball has never handed me a receipt with his phone number on it.

well, it would not always be a sleezeball just handing out recips with his number, it would be someone you met at a party, bar, or elsewhere, you 2 would start talking, than he would ask you for you number, you pbly would not give it right away so he'd say" ok, i understand you don't wanna give your number to some one you just met, so let me give you mine", starts looking for something to wright on, than he would find a piece of papaer in his pocket (the recipt), write his number on the back side, and give it to you.

That is sleezy! I half heartedly tried to go the rich man route, but I'd already fallen in love with a working man. It irritated me when the rich guy couldn't even change a fan belt on his car and was going to call AAA. I changed it for him and sent him on his way. :w00t:

It's difficult for me to accept I know more mechanically than a man in my life. :blush: I want to know they'd be good in a crisis situation, where someone is not always available to take care of them...and me.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 2

Aztek, sounds like you know that game well.

haha, you got there before me.

arrow3.gifView: Read more

I call bull****.

No one with that kind of money would simply keep it in a savings account earning next to no interest and, not to mention, well over the limit for FDIC coverage.

I'm betting the entire story is either fake (Daily Mail) or it was simply a computer error.

This is just about the silliest way I have heard someone tried to get laid. It only works with dumb girls who don't know about Photoshop yet.

To be honest, if you are using this tactic, you would prefer a "dumb" girl. It's actually a pretty good idea. No harm done. If a girl is only calling because the guy has money, then it is what it is. If the guy gets laid, it's a win for him.

To be honest, if you are using this tactic, you would prefer a "dumb" girl. It's actually a pretty good idea. No harm done. If a girl is only calling because the guy has money, then it is what it is. If the guy gets laid, it's a win for him.

Yeah, but girls this dumb aren't smart enough to remember to use birth control. Then you'll be stuck being a father to a half-stupid kid. :lol:

• Like 2