Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My stay at the Stanley Hotel, room 407

LOKI1335

So, I stayed in Colorado for the 420 celebrations out there. Me and a friend decided to stay at the famous Stanley Hotel. I am a believer, he was not. We checked in and instantly felt strange. The vibe that place gives off is just amazing. Only way i can explain it is that when you walk in the hotel, it feels like you go back in time if that makes any sense. Anyways, the day was pretty uneventful. at night however, things picked up. It started with constant bangings on our window. now we are on 4th floor, which is the top floor of the hotel, and no rooms on either side of us. fresh snow is on roof, so you could see footprints if it was someone on roof. no ice hanging off our windows, so it wasnt ice hitting window. we tried to debunk everything that happened, but a couple things we couldnt explain. the banging, i could write off. however, the voice on the tape recorder that says let him know and my buddies name written on mirror after he showered are the two things i cant. no one else was in our room. my buddy was scared ****less so i know it wasnt him that wrote it. i certainly didnt write it. and if it was the hotel playing up the haunted theme, how would they know he was gonna shower first, or that he was even gonna be staying with me since the room was rented under my name. while we were there, my phone died, my camera died and my cooling fan on my computer (which is only 1.5 years old) fried out within 20 minutes. when i say fried, i mean you could smell electrical wires burning in it. the electricity in the hotel was so out of control, when we would go to push elevator button, a shock would shoot out 2 inches and shock ya. this happened every time we went to elevator. i have the voice on a recorder, and pics of name on mirror, along with audio of banging we kept hearing. when i get back to my hometown, i will post them. All of this stuff happened about 1 a.m. after my buddy just got done saying how lame the hotel was lol....guess it showed him. warned him not to instigate anything. anyways, just a cool story i thought id share. let the debunkers begin debunking if they want. i was there, and i know what i heard, felt and saw so thats all the proof i need, but i will post everything else in a few days to let them have their fun with it.

• Like 2

and before people blame the weed, i have smoked for 14+ years. you do not hallucinate off marijuana. for those that think this was a hallucination or something off pot, you really havent tried pot. pot couldnt account for any of these experiences so dont feed me a line of bullcrap and call it steak, if you havent tried it, dont tell me what it can and cant do to you.

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, how old are the windows at that hotel?

• Like 1

Is this the Hotel the "Shining" was based on? Cool story anyway - look forward to the posts.

• Like 1

So, I stayed in Colorado for the 420 celebrations out there. Me and a friend decided to stay at the famous Stanley Hotel. I am a believer, he was not. We checked in and instantly felt strange. The vibe that place gives off is just amazing. Only way i can explain it is that when you walk in the hotel, it feels like you go back in time if that makes any sense. Anyways, the day was pretty uneventful. at night however, things picked up. It started with constant bangings on our window. now we are on 4th floor, which is the top floor of the hotel, and no rooms on either side of us. fresh snow is on roof, so you could see footprints if it was someone on roof. no ice hanging off our windows, so it wasnt ice hitting window. we tried to debunk everything that happened, but a couple things we couldnt explain. the banging, i could write off. however, the voice on the tape recorder that says let him know and my buddies name written on mirror after he showered are the two things i cant. no one else was in our room. my buddy was scared ****less so i know it wasnt him that wrote it. i certainly didnt write it. and if it was the hotel playing up the haunted theme, how would they know he was gonna shower first, or that he was even gonna be staying with me since the room was rented under my name. while we were there, my phone died, my camera died and my cooling fan on my computer (which is only 1.5 years old) fried out within 20 minutes. when i say fried, i mean you could smell electrical wires burning in it. the electricity in the hotel was so out of control, when we would go to push elevator button, a shock would shoot out 2 inches and shock ya. this happened every time we went to elevator. i have the voice on a recorder, and pics of name on mirror, along with audio of banging we kept hearing. when i get back to my hometown, i will post them. All of this stuff happened about 1 a.m. after my buddy just got done saying how lame the hotel was lol....guess it showed him. warned him not to instigate anything. anyways, just a cool story i thought id share. let the debunkers begin debunking if they want. i was there, and i know what i heard, felt and saw so thats all the proof i need, but i will post everything else in a few days to let them have their fun with it.

I'm curious, which 420 celebrations did you attend?

windows are fairly old. have the old rope and weight system but everything in fairly good condition.. windows were locked though, not open. as far as which 420 celebrations rafterman, i was at red rocks cypress hill concert, i was driving thru the denver square park when shooting happened for 4/20, and i went to cannibus cup on 4/21. so those are the 3 i knew of in denver area, and i hit em all. we stayed at stanley on the 18th.

I assumed that the windows were unopened. But if the windows are fairly old, the glass pane can become loose within the frame and could easily rattle with the slightest of vibrations.

windows are fairly old. have the old rope and weight system but everything in fairly good condition.. windows were locked though, not open. as far as which 420 celebrations rafterman, i was at red rocks cypress hill concert, i was driving thru the denver square park when shooting happened for 4/20, and i went to cannibus cup on 4/21. so those are the 3 i knew of in denver area, and i hit em all. we stayed at stanley on the 18th.

I just thought it was kind of strange that you'd stay almost 100 miles away from an event you were attending, but to each his own I guess.

As to your claims, I'd argue that there is a very mundane explanation for the sounds you were hearing. Could have been a number of things - the heating system, loose windows, something on the side of the building, a vent on the roof, etc. As for the electrical problems, it sounds to me that there were some serious electrical issues in that part of the hotel that need to be addressed by management ASAP.

Now, for your most astonishing claim - the bathroom mirror - might I offer that your buddy, knowing that you were such a believer, was simply ******* with you?

i checked the panes of glass on window. pretty solid. i thought about all of these different things. not to sound like the ghost hunters, but i am a plumbing/hvac worker. so i know a little about noisy vents, etc...as far as something on the roof, we have a clear view of our room from downstairs, and couldnt see anything hanging on roof. looked for everything from ice to loose shingles. nothing. as far as my buddy messin with me, he was more worked up than i was about it. i could barely even get him back to the room after things happened. we stayed at the stanley just to say we stayed at the stanley. we stayed at the sheridan in downtown denver for the festivals. and yes, everywhere was alot of driving. i probably put 1000 miles on my truck while in colorado plus the 2000 there and back. the electrical issues, i can account to the altitude and possible electrical problems in hotel. the window, ok, could have been something blowing by and hitting it 4 times. the voice on the recorder we got is still there, with no one else in our room, so i got nothing for that. room 407 is kinda isolated. only room on that side of hallway. as for the mirror, ok, maybe someone was just messing with us, but it wasnt my buddy and it wasnt me. if it was the hotel, they are damn good at knowing which one of us was gonna shower first in that room lol because his name wasnt even on the check in sheet. we reserved it under my name and credit card. i cant even talk to him about his experience there because it is still giving him the goose bumps. all in all, i could explain probably 3/4 of our experiences with 'rational' explanations, but a few i just cant explain

• Like 1

That is creepy and I bet your buddy left there a believer. I saw a ghost so I'm no skeptic. I will be looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Wish I could spend the night in that place.

and before people blame the weed, i have smoked for 14+ years. you do not hallucinate off marijuana. for those that think this was a hallucination or something off pot, you really havent tried pot. pot couldnt account for any of these experiences so dont feed me a line of bullcrap and call it steak, if you havent tried it, dont tell me what it can and cant do to you.

I tried pot once. At my friends, I laid on my back looking up at the ceiling which had a huge Blind Melon poster. After a minute or two, Shannon Hoon (I think that's the singers name) gave me a lecture about smoking pot.

I can't wait to camp in Colorado this year. I want to see how many people are freely lighting up.