Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged]Man survives shooting himself with harpoon

Saru

gota have a brain before you damage it...

Seems more realistic that this dude was going to commit suicide with a harpoon gun. When said spear entered his eye, I imagine he reconsidered. I just don't see how someone could shoot themselves in the eye with a harpoon gun by accident. Give me a break.

Yes doctor, I was shaving the hair off of both of my wrists when somehow I slashed them both at the same time! Weird Eh?!

Yes doctor, I was trying to bleach my teeth and drank 6 gallons of bleach on accident.

Yes doctor, I was cleaning my bear trap when somehow it clamped onto my neck. I don't know what happened!

Edited by Ugly1
  • Like 1

Whats that below his chin? looks like he has swallowed part of a chain. This guy really needs some H&S training.

It looks like a caterpiller ceawled on his neck during the x ra`/.

Seems more realistic that this dude was going to commit suicide with a harpoon gun. When said spear entered his eye, I imagine he reconsidered. I just don't see how someone could shoot themselves in the eye with a harpoon gun by accident. Give me a break.

Yes doctor, I was shaving the hair off of both of my wrists when somehow I slashed them both at the same time! Weird Eh?!

Yes doctor, I was trying to bleach my teeth and drank 6 gallons of bleach on accident.

Yes doctor, I was cleaning my bear trap when somehow it clamped onto my neck. I don't know what happened!

And how many accidental gun shootings and construction workplace injuries exist in the world? bloody millions, chances are he was holding it in a stupid fashion because he was trying to rush the cleaning of it (seriously think about it... you wouldn't at any time do any kind of operation whilst looking down the barrel of any gun let alone one roughly the same size as a automatic machine gun), a spear gun would be a pretty useless way to off yourself too. If several hundred people a year can shoot themselves with nailguns while they are on the job it's bound to be easy with all gun products no matter the usage you look into the barrel and perfom an operation chances are it's gonna hurt you lol shouldn't that be old facts.

we should ban harpoon guns from idiots you mean. This isnt a unexplained mystery, idiot fully defines this.luckier than someone winning the lottery is also another easily accurate description that makes it equally less an unexplained mystery

Edited by MindfieldzX

Not for nothing but this guy was asking for it cleaning a loaded harpon.

What do u think would happen its like cleaning a loaded gun and the safety is off ,,,

• Like 1

Yeah, the guy was stupid. But let's not Harpo on him. *snicker*

• Like 1

Folks the newest member of the Darmin. Why point a gun loaded with a spear at your head.

Edited by wolfknight

• 2 weeks later...

Now - I really think people should stop cleaning their harpoons... this guy just shot his wife with one, IN THE MOUTH!!

"Brazil Harpoon Accident: Woman Shot In Mouth"

A wife has survived after her husband accidentally shot her in the mouth with a harpoon. Officials in Rio de Janeiro said Elisangela Borborema Rosa's husband was cleaning his spear gun when it went off, firing a harpoon that went through her mouth and cervical spine.

The 28-year-old was rushed to hospital and underwent emergency surgery after the accident on Monday in the coastal city of Arraial do Cabo.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/brazil-harpoon-accident-woman-shot-mouth-001241742.html#BdZAsSA