Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Playfull Spirits

S.C.I.-P.R.O.

Hi everyone.I.haven't been on the site for awhile and thought I'd bring a topic to discuss and if the subjects already been posted..Well here's another version on it. I have lived in a couple spirit filled houses. Nothing too scary..just a little strange. The first place had a playfu.l spirit in it that liked to move things and hide them. Several times I would look for something just to find it missing. I 'd look all over and when I came to the first place I looked..it'd be right there. Other times I'd lock our front door at night , just find it standing wide open in the morning. Other places I lived , I would hear tapping on the door or footsteps walking through the house. Never were we frightend but just mystified at the occurrences . I suspected a playful spirit and not something looking to harm us . Has anyone experienced things like this or do any members have any thoughts or suggestions on what these occurrences were ?

• Like 1

I had a spirit or ghost that would hide the tv remote then return it when asked. I am glad to read that other people have had experiences with good spirits and ghosts.

I don't know if this classifies as "ghosts", but spirits is a much more wide open word to me, so I feel more comfortable to attribute my occurrences to it.

For many months in a row, I would regularly watch street lights go out when I walked by them, drove by, or was just in the area. It happened more times than I can count, and it became almost a given that if I was out at night, somewhere along my route, lights would inevitably go out. The most it happened in one day was 4 times, a few in the morning and a few at night. This happened for months at a time, but has stopped happening recently. It still happens here and there, but much more rarely.

I learned just now that this type of event has been given a name attributed to it, 'Street Light Interference', and a pet term for 'victims' (for lack of a more fitting word) are SLI-ders.

Edited by _Only

If no one else in the house can hear them or feel or sense there presence, then, their basically trying to get your attention only. I'm glad to hear that you look at them as being playful in nature and are not afraid of what's taking place around you at this time. The more attention given to them, the more happenings you will encounter eventually. You, and you alone will know when what you're encountering is good and will most definitely know when it is not.

My family once lived in an old house that seemed to have a "ghost" or entity. We all regularly heard footsteps going down the upstairs hall. For a while myself & 3 kids assumed it was one of us getting up late at night to use the bathroom, until one night my son started yelling that who ever was walking around should be quiet and go back to bed. I was up late reading, and got out of bed to see which of the monkey scamps was keeping people awake, and they were all asleep, except for the one who was disturbed, and he was half-asleep. What ever it was, none of us were afraid of it. My kids refused to go down in the basement, however, to which I attribute them watching Amityville one time too many.

• Like 1

The first half of the OP's post just sounds like alzheimer's disease.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I had a poltergeist in my house. It would switch the dogs' bowls around from their usual places. Sometimes I'd feel cool (or cold) breezes inside the house when the windows were closed. Occasionally things got broken, but they were of no consequence. The funniest one was when it put the toilet seat lid up, and of course, you know what happened when I went to take a leak in the dark. BTW, I live alone and I'm female, so there's no earthly reason for me to put the seat up and leave it like that.

Nothing's happened for years now, so I guess it has moved on. Or, as my sister says, maybe it has made peace with my living in the house.

If those are the criteria for playful spirits, SCI-PRO I reckon I've been haunted my entire life. :(

• Like 2

The member is gone but I be honest, things vanishing and getting moved is most likely the living doing it. If the person was here I would recommend setting up a camera.

Either two things will happen, nothing happened or a human would do it.

• Like 1

Things get hidden for a reason, either to show you that someone is there, or to show you something about the object. Tapping, banging, doors mysteriously opening, makes you wonder if you were mistaken or not. It's easy to put it down as spirit activity unless you're really sure.

It's similar to other spirit activity, such as lights turning on or off by themselves, TV's switching off or switching on, photos mysteriously vanishing into thin air when inside an album, or photos reapperaing out of a frame, certain pictures falling for no reason, the occasional thud or bang like somethings fallen over when nothing amiss gone on...

What you describe seems like a poltergeist phenomenon. Poltergeists are not ghosts, they are manifestations of a disturbed human mind., If there is anyone who is mentally stressed in a house, particularly an adolescent, the disturbed mind of the person may cause things to move on their own and weird sounds to be produced by psychokinesis. You can read my article on poltergeists here for more information: http://allaboutoccult.blogspot.in/2013/06/all-about-poltergeists.html. Please do start a discussion on poltergeists on my blog in the above link using the comment section after the post.