Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

anyone believe levitation possible?

marina1980

Hi.

Anyone have any good reason to strongly believe levitation is possible? I read a very convincing book but not sure all the hard work involved would ever pay off. Any thoughts?

(Not sure if this thread is in the right place!?)

Thanx

well I've always thought that the trick with flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

• Like 4

My friend told me of a guy who could do it willfully. I forgot to ask if she saw this or if he just told her that.. if its possible thats cool and all but seems useless. Flying would be way better ;)

Edited by SpiritWriter

I believe levitation is possible, though I've never seen it.

Magnetic levitation, maglev, or magnetic suspension is a method by which an object is suspended with no support other than magnetic fields. Magnetic pressure is used to counteract the effects of the gravitational and any other accelerations.

Earnshaw's theorem proves that using only ferromagnetic or paramagnetic materials it is impossible to stably levitate against gravity, but servomechanisms, the use of diamagnetic materials, superconduction, or systems involving eddy currents permit this to occur.

In some cases the lifting force is provided by magnetic levitation, but there is a mechanical support bearing little load that provides stability. This is termed pseudo-levitation.

Magnetic levitation is used for maglev trains, magnetic bearings and for product display purposes.

wiki link

this is as best we can do now ...

Frog_diamagnetic_levitation.jpg

A live frog levitates inside the Ø32mm vertical bore of a Bitter solenoid in a magnetic field of about 16 tesla at the Nijmegen High Field Magnet Laboratory

Maglev-Hoverboard-620x348.jpg

Students from the Parisian Diderot University demonstrated MagSurf – the World’s First Hoverboard, at its recently held science fair. The Hoverboard was built by the researchers in the Materials and Quantum Phenomena Laboratory on the university campus. The students employed the power of quantum levitation by transforming a chemically inactive wafer into a fully functional hoverboard using some superconductors and liquid nitrogen. The MagSurf rides a couple of inches off the ground, in a straight line, without changing its altitude. It travels only on a predetermined course, and the flux tubes that maintain a barely neutral magnetic field allow it to skillfully glide above the air.

link

• Like 1

If levitation is possible, then someone better inform James Randi to get his million dollars ready for whoever demonstrates it for him.

• Like 1

well I've always thought that the trick with flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Ahh Douglas Adams ..

• Like 1

Levitation by will power or something similar.. no.. there is no proof anywhere that has shown it is possible..

Levitation by technology .. yes.. in the future..

Levitation is possible I think. By opening the heart chakra.. See Hindu tantric yoga texts.

• Like 2

As post #12, I've seen similar to this involving a Shaolin Monk,he seemed to be about 3 inches from the ground with no visible means of support,no one could work out how it happened,and also an Indian guy doing the rope trick,he made a coil of rope stand atraight up in the air ,with no support, then played around with a Cobra making it sway to music.There are many things with no explanation,or maybe it was mass hypnotism ?

According to Steve Richards and a few others, it's possible but takes years of dedication and hours of practise every day. Well now ive lost my job maybe I'll give it a try. A million makes it worthwhile!

• Like 1

This looks bogus to me, put on by the magician and the monk. If you compare the position where he sits down to the one where he starts to levitate you will notice that they are different. He is farther away from the candles in front of him and much closer to that wall or curtain (which is presumably hiding something). Also the camera man doesn't show directly behind his back when he was in the air like he did when you first saw him sit down. There was a good space of a foot or so originally between him and the curtain. The camera man didn't show that when he was levitating...mainly because there was trickery going on.

Never trust a magician.

• Like 4

This looks bogus to me, put on by the magician and the monk. If you compare the position where he sits down to the one where he starts to levitate you will notice that they are different. He is farther away from the candles in front of him and much closer to that wall or curtain (which is presumably hiding something). Also the camera man doesn't show directly behind his back when he was in the air like he did when you first saw him sit down. There was a good space of a foot or so originally between him and the curtain. The camera man didn't show that when he was levitating...mainly because there was trickery going on.

Never trust a magician.

Ref post #13, the guy we saw doing the levitation,didnt have no camera's around or other Monks,he was sitting in a park in Djakarta,Indonesia, completely oblivious to all going on around him,minding his own business.And the rope trick guy was on the deck of my ship, not begging just doing his thing,but we did give him a free lunch and asked him how he did this,and he said that he was taught it by his Grandad.he was a very polite guy and not asking for handouts.
  • Like 1

Hi.

Anyone have any good reason to strongly believe levitation is possible? I read a very convincing book but not sure all the hard work involved would ever pay off. Any thoughts?

Thanx

No I don't. Levitation experiences come from altered states of conciousness. Meditating alone, then leaving your body might make you think you did it physically, in truth an onlooker would not have seen what you felt.

• Like 1

for those who dont know him, google Ed Leedskalnin. you can thank me later for the soon to be occupational hazard in which ive opened the doorway to. :w00t:

Yeah I think it's possible but it would be a result of being picked up by a spirit, which is almost unheard of.

I levitate every time I eat too much beans.

I think that's flatulate. Try the threads on alternative energy sources ;)

388519_569470933077058_1004136627_n.jpg

no body levitate just yet ....

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I think those monks who meditate can levitate.. also some Yoga masters can.

usually it's masters who practiced many years and got their energy and mind all together...

they are usually the ones who can do awesome things like that.

Do you like to float? I like to float !

Edited by LostSouls7

• 2 weeks later...

Aside from the fact I have been able to do it while meditating, no way to say how or why. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.Go figure.

It could just be your imagination. Are your eyes closed when you meditate? When you think you are levitating have you opened your eyes to see how high you are off the ground?

Hi.

Thanx

Obviously it is possible since we have Maglev trains operating in Germany, China, and soon in Japan. Or do you think they are all a giant government conspiracy?