Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nathan DiYorio

Zero Blog Views?

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This isn't just about my most recent blog post, I wholly expect that to not garner very much attention. What I find weird, however, is that every blog post created after the 25th appears to have zero views. Normally posts are upwards of fifty views in a few hours, let alone a few days. I know the view count for these posts is wrong, because at least one post has a comment on it.

Why is the community blog not keeping track of blog views? Or is this something to do with my browser cache?

---Before clearing my cache, could somebody else confirm or deconfirm the lack of views on blog posts?

Edited by Nathan DiYorio

It looks like the blog views table crashed and became corrupted when the database went down the other day.

I've sorted it out now, the existing blog views before the 25th are unaffected however any views since then will have been lost. Views counted from this moment onwards will count correctly again and the view counts will update once an hour.

2 people like this

This began happening again on May 1st.

Confirmed, the scheduler timing has messed up.

The blog views cron task has now been refreshed - the views should be updating again.

1 person likes this