Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Ashotep

Global carbon dioxide levels to hit 400ppm

5 posts in this topic

The concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere has reached 399.72 parts per million (ppm) and is likely to pass the symbolically important 400ppm level for the first time in the next few days.

Global carbon dioxide levels on pace to hit ‘sobering milestone’ of 400ppm

The last time they were this high was in the Pliocene period 3 to 5 millions years ago, not good.

http://keelingcurve.ucsd.edu/what-does-400-ppm-look-like/

No global agreement to reduce emissions is expected to be reached until 2015.

------------------------------------------

What are they waiting for? maybe for China to decide!!

1 person likes this

They will wait until its too late then wished they had done something. China's carbon dioxide levels are extremely high and they will effect the rest of us.

Not good, indeed.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

are there plants that convert more CO2 than others, i think in the future we should harvest plants for their ecological benefits. recently found out that plants respire oxygen when out of a light source and produce CO2.

havent thought on commiting to testing this out but if i did, i would place the plants in glass airsealed containers to see which one turned yellow first under a uv light to see which one uses up it carbon dioxide first. (chlorophyl is green so colour discolouration would mean lack of co2 to synthesize.

thoughts on this? any obvious flaws that i might of missed that could be pointed out would be appreciated. my thoughts probably wont come to fruitition as im capricious in my pondering but thanks anyway :)

Edited by Armchair Educated
1 person likes this