Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mother Forces Daughter to Inseminate Herself

BiffSplitkins

(CNN) -- A woman desperate to have a fourth child forced her adopted teenage daughter to artificially inseminate herself with semen purchased over the Internet so she could have the baby.

The woman devised the plan after her efforts to adopt another daughter were thwarted. In addition to the victim, the woman also has two other younger adopted daughters.

The astonishing revelations appear in documents released this week by a British court. The previously secret child welfare judgment from March 2012 was only published after the conclusion of the mother's criminal trial.

READ MORE

:huh:

• Like 1

Oo... you can buy everything on the internet, can't you?

This is just messed up, but I know a family where something like this happened. Not forced, but facilitated.

The mother remarried and wanted another baby, but was too old or whatever, so she basically pushed her teenage daughter into the arms of a man, sabotaged birth control etc. till her daughter got pregnant, had to move back home when the guy dumped her of course, and now the Mom feels like she has a baby again, even though it's her grandson in truth.

People are nutty.

• Like 1

What the hell is wrong with just moving to a puppy. Crikey. Some people.

• Like 1

I find this to be very sick.

Poor girl.

I would say this was a pretty good tip off that the "grandmother" is loony:

Midwives said she was aggressive in trying to make sure the baby didn't bond with her daughter.

"We don't want any of that attachment thing," the mother said, according to the midwives after breastfeeding was suggested. "Is there much point to that, I will be the one giving him the bottle."

While hospital notes said the plan was for the daughter to relinquish the baby to her mother, the midwives became suspicious that something was going on as she became increasingly "pushy and insensitive."

They also heard the woman apologize to her daughter for putting her through so much.

They finally reported the mother's behavior after she tried to remove the child from the baby ward.

I guess a 16 year old who has been brainwashed since she was a preteen into thinking it was her duty to her adoptive mother to artificially inseminate herself can get a free pass on this without any condescending remarks.