Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Armageddon asteroids 'best kept secret'

Bizarro

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homer

• Bizarro

• Kira

• FreyKade

Top Posters In This Topic

An excerpt from the article:

"If an extinction-type impact is inevitable, then ignorance for the populace is bliss. As a matter of common sense, if you can't intercept it and you can't move people out of the way in time, there's nothing you can do in terms of reducing the costs of the potential impact,"

As I'm sure most would agree, this makes a lot of sense. Secrecy would be the best option. Of course, if it happened in my lifetime, I hope it would be in the early hours of the morning, when my exhausted, spent body is still sleeping beside my valentine, after an all night session of passion tongue.gif

That would be cool cool.gif

I would want to know. I would start smoking again, even cigarettes then I would also engage and go out in an oblivious passonate stupor.

Damn, almost makes me want that big hunk of rock to slam us rolleyes.gif

Speaking of my own opinion - I would definitely like to know, be it a day or a week's notice. I mean, you wouldn't want to spend your last day at work, now would ya?

huh.gif

exactly, Loonboy. this whole thing has a Lord to Serf sort of mentality to it. i don't like the idea of a group of people deciding that there is nothing i could do about a problem. what if the solution is out there but these people were too cocky to give humanity a chance? that's criminal.

Exactly, KC wub.gif

It would show gross irresponsibility for those in the know to make our extinction public knowledge. The world wide panic, along with world wide lawlessness, would make it inexcusable to inform the public. Thats simply common sense. rolleyes.gif

Homer Wrote@

I hope it would be in the early hours of the morning, when my exhausted, spent body is still sleeping beside my valentine, after an all night session of passion

wub.gifwub.gif Ah that is so sweet. I agree that would be the best way to go smile.gif

yes it would, or we can ....try to run away...only to be hit on the head by the asteroid and by some stroke of luck still being alive watching the world end the somethng poops on you.

I can understand why they wouldn't like tell us about an extinction type asteroid, imagine the public hysteria, but I would probably want to know so that I could spend it with the people I love.

and definately not at work!!

biggrin.gif

Better off being anywhere than at work on the last day.

I know who I would spend it with.

The government would possibly have to flip a coin on wether or not to tell people, people would panic if they knew, but people wuld really be p***ed off if they had to go to work only for 2 hours later they were to become pancakes.

The again what would people do in two hours, kill someone, and would it matter if they did?

sad.gif Nope would not want to be at work......

Would want to be in the arms of a very special person,wub.gif and my daughter nearby..... wub.gif

id like to be at a beautiful beach, waist deep out in the surf with a big open sky over my head... playing like a little kid...

then i guess my moment would be ruined by all the pervs getting it on out in the open like animals. good god you freaks, its the end of the world, not an orgy laugh.gif

• 4 weeks later...

SERIOUSLY!!! It may gotta happen.... believe it or not..i read the chinese newspaper they say a giant asteroids may hit on Earth between 2005 and 2010 blink.gif scientist also say it may hit more than 32 COUNTRY.... (not jokin is real)