Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Ashotep

Toxic chemicals in air near Ark spill site

5 posts in this topic

While many questions remain following ExxonMobil’s March 29 tar sands oil spill in Mayflower, Arkansas, a new independent study has revealed the existence of high levels of cancer-causing chemicals in the area.

The new research, co-published by the Faulkner County Citizens Advisory Group and Global Community Monitor, indicates that the 500,000 gallons of heavy bitumen oil released by a gash in ExxonMobil’s aging Pegasus pipeline has released hazardous air pollutants (HAPs) as defined by the 1990 US Clean Air Act.

Study finds 'soup of toxic chemicals' in the air near Arkansas ExxonMobil spill site

Apparently people are still having symptoms of being exposed to hazardous chemicals.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

The new research, co-published by the Faulkner County Citizens Advisory Group and Global Community Monitor, indicates that the 500,000 gallons of heavy bitumen oil released by a gash in ExxonMobil’s aging Pegasus pipeline has released hazardous air pollutants (HAPs) as defined by the 1990 US Clean Air Act.

That´s the first time I have seen that number. Original estimates were all below 100,000 gallons.

There also seem to be some major questions left unanswered

Questions include what exactly caused the spill, how big was the spill exactly, and how long did it take for emergency responders to react to the spill, to name a few.

Wouldn´t hold my breath waiting for answers from Exxonmobil!!

Any of this information covered by major media?? My guess ....NO

Edited by jugoso
1 person likes this

Haven't seen it anywhere else and no I doubt Exxonmobil will be saying anything, got to minimize the damages they will have to pay out.

Toxic fumes were also a big factor for those impacted by Deepwater Horizon.

1 person likes this

I think it is in all of these spills and the people don't realize it until it makes them sick. I have to wonder how well these pipelines are kept up.