Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lamp Post Blocks Great-Gran's New Driveway

Commander CMG

A great-grandmother has been left with a useless new driveway which she had laid just days after council contractors erected a lamp post directly at the end of it.

Kathleen Annals had already arranged for the drive to be put in after becoming frustrated that friends and family had nowhere to park when visiting her at her detached home in Andover, Hampshire.

The pensioner now has to apply for the lamp post to be moved to enable visitors to park in the drive.

Mrs Annals said: "Last year they issued parking space permits outside. I have no car since my husband died but I have friends and people come to visit and there's nowhere for them to park so I thought I should have a driveway put in.

arrow3.gifView: Read more

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Commander CMG

• wolfknight

• Sir Wearer of Hats

• keninsc

ahh Councils. The right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing the world over.

Yeah, but she put it in after the lamp post was installed. Duh?

• Like 1

Move the damn lamp post. WTF is wrong with that council

Yeah, but she put it in after the lamp post was installed. Duh?

She already had plans to do so. The council should have notified her. On another note she should have cancelled or modified the plans unless work had already been underway before the lamp post had been erected.

I don't buy it. Lamp post shadow goes one way, plant shadows go another way. Curb looks pre-existing.

Too many things wrong with that photo for me.