Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ohelemapit

Ex-serviceman ordered to take down Union Jack

9 posts in this topic

An ex-serviceman was forced to remove a flagpole flying a Union Jack from his garden after neighbours complained it was ‘too noisy’.

Brian Fairfield, from Hull, East Yorkshire, raised the flag for the first time last week but within days was asked to take it down.

The 80-year-old said his landlord Sanctuary Housing had received five complaints from local residents, complaining it was an eyesore and that it made too much noise.

arrow3.gifView: Read more

How loud can it be? People are so ABSURD!

Posted (edited)

My neighbour two doors down has a Union flag that size up a pole in his garden. It rattles a bit when it's windy but nothing loud enough to make me want to complain.

I'd have to hear it for myself of course but I find it a bit absurd.

Edited by Walter White

If i was him i'd harden the flag with clear resin and hoist it back up the pole obviously it defeats the object of having a flag, but at least it wont flap in the breeze or make a noise then sit back and watch the neighbours - self haters complain. :w00t:

1 person likes this

The entire concept of loyalty and allegiance to country or even family in some cases seems to be weakening in the west. It's a really bad sign of the times.

2 people like this

I wonder if the Housing Authority would have been so quick to act if the flag had been a green one with squiggles on it!

7 people like this

how silly.

Posted (edited)

Plain stupid. I just can not understand why one cannot hoist his own flag in his own country.

I had some time to think recently and I was wrong about some of my views. It is your country, your heritage, your culture, your flag. If someone does not like it then they should pack their bags and leave.

Edited by odas
1 person likes this

How can a flag make too much noise? Unless there's a metal hook/loop on the rope banging against pole then that is absurd. If that is the case the guy should just cover it with some tape or something to smother the noise.

1 person likes this