Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boston Suspect Could Escape Death Penalty

Commander CMG

Lawyers for the surviving Boston bombing suspect are working on a possible deal with prosecutors to avoid the death penalty, according to NBC News legal sources.

The report suggests Dzhokar Tsarnaev would cooperate with FBI investigators in return for a lighter sentence. It added that the discussions were in the very early stages.

However, the 19-year-old's defence team has now signed up the prominent anti-death penalty lawyer, Judy Clarke, who has managed to get life terms for several high-profile clients.

arrow3.gifView: Read more

Edited by xsas

arrow3.gifView: Read more

And all paid for by the US tax payer I presume.Life really sucks sometimes.

• Like 1

I followed the news for the last 2 weeks on the Boston Marathon Bombing and all I have to say is: tear off his limbs! The bombing killed 3 people and the injuries including lost limbs of some, so the punishment fits the severity of the crime. Betcha the other Tsarnaev brother wishes he's dead now. Bostonians and the people of Watertown, Mass. cheered for the police catching him...and me, with my fellow Americans, cheers together in unity.

Edited by Mike D boy

Quite a few Americans will have a sympathy for anyone who looks like the kid down the block or perhaps even their own son.

Death is the easy way out.. To those who advocate death you will reap what you sow... happy times bro.

• Like 2

I followed the news for the last 2 weeks on the Boston Marathon Bombing and all I have to say is: tear off his limbs! The bombing killed 3 people and the injuries including lost limbs of some, so the punishment fits the severity of the crime. Betcha the other Tsarnaev brother wishes he's dead now. Bostonians and the people of Watertown, Mass. cheered for the police catching him...and me, with my fellow Americans, cheers together in unity.

The police seemed more like bumbling Charlie Chaplin or Mayberry cops than anything else. He was not even inside their perimeter but behind it. A tip from a resident whose house was not even searched caught him if we want to be technical. The cheering people were lulzy especially the one guy who tried solo starting the USA chant.

Now if we can just get the victims to not have to face the death penalty...

Death is the easy way out.. To those who advocate death you will reap what you sow... happy times bro.

I tend to agree. I'm for the death penalty in certain situations, but based off the information available, I don't agree with the death penalty in this case. Maybe if more information becomes available I would change my mind.

My main reason is this; The older brother was obviously the one in charge, and more than likely a very intimidating presence to the younger. In this situation, the younger brother might not have had as much of a choice as you or I. If I had found out about the plot, or the older brother asked me to participate, I could've went to the police, and had minimal backlash from the offending parties. I don't necessarily think the younger brother had the same option.

He'll be punished, but everything in life isn't so "black and white". What if that triple murder last year was committed by the older brother, and the younger knew it.... If you were the younger brother, would you turn him in knowing what he's capable of? Personally, I would. I also realize people don't always make the same decision I would make, or have the strength to make some of those tough decisions.

Don't crucify me, I'm not sympathetic to his cause, just introducing a point of view that isn't going to gain any footing with the mobs in America.

How about a conviction before the sentance?

• Like 1

Quite a few Americans will have a sympathy for anyone who looks like the kid down the block or perhaps even their own son.

I don't see too many people rallying around Timothy McVeigh.

McVeigh was also not a college student with normal friends. You have a point but it becomes diminished if we compare the two.

McVeigh's hair was very short, he looked more military than student, there were more victims, etc...

Not trying to rationalize just telling you what the American sentiment might be and why.